The Epigraphs to PROTEAN NotUnTitled: The Philosophical Cantos

The Epigraphs to PROTEAN NotUnTitled: The Philosophical Cantos

A Poem by Carol Maric

This piece might be restored.
Please feel free to read all the reviews below.  Thank You All !

© 2008 Carol Maric


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

I love this piece of work. dreadfully bleak. and as all of your work, extremely interesting and reflective...the beauty of the crystal clear 'self-contempt'. I understand this.

I would love to know where you see the beauty in the beautiful as well. this writing prompts me wonder how you would describe that.

thank you

Posted 16 Years Ago


17 of 17 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

this si way brutal, and vindictive, i love it awessome stuff! thanks for sharingcheers!

Posted 16 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Facinating thoughts. I was raised in the fourth level of hell and my poetry comes from there on my way to heaven. As Roethke wrote, "In a dark time, the eye begins to see." I call it burning off karma. Whatever, I liked it. Cheers.

Posted 16 Years Ago


3 of 3 people found this review constructive.

I think the reason most people give you good reviews is because you are so popular as a result of spamming every new arrival that they are embarrassed to admit they don�t understand what the hell you are trying to say. Dress it up with fonts and trickery all you like, most of what you write makes absolutely no sense whatsoever. I am intelligent well-read and vastly experienced poet and I am willing to say that it is not my lack of understanding that makes your writing impenetrable, it is your inability (or reluctance) to actually say anything. Now you can go all modernist and existential on me, but the fact is if you didn�t spam the living f**k out of your work noone would read it and everyone would be willing to say that it makes no sense.

Posted 16 Years Ago


3 of 3 people found this review constructive.

I'm lost I think the german those me off a bit I'm not that good at it but good oh Freddy clears that up. Is this about wishing to be more then you could be to be a like a race of supermen?

Posted 16 Years Ago


3 of 3 people found this review constructive.

Hi Carol..
Life's most profound lessons are seldom taught when the sun is shining, but when one is alone in the pouring rain. It is there, in the bleak darkness, that wisdom is born. With that I agree. I've never learned anything while I was laughing.
As far as enduring? I have seen survivors pound their chests in triump, clench their fists in the air, as they stood on the bodies of those who lead the battle,while they cowered and waited for the true warriors to fall. Enduring isn't jack.

As one who has endured the suffuring of a dozen men, and known the true sting. Suicide has often been my blanket, one in which I have covered myself several times.
Since reading your Bio,I have often wondered how it was going, living as if you only had two yrs to exist.
Do you ever take a medicore walk, or are you bound to give it 110 % ?
I find it almost impossible to live each day as my last, even though that is my prognosis. I cherish days when boring rules.
I very much understand the love that would cause you to wish suffering on those you love. It has a great profoundness to it. The darker my pit,the clearer the light shines. In alI, I like this piece. Rain

Posted 16 Years Ago


3 of 3 people found this review constructive.

I liked this Carol. As for the first, thank you I have those already, the second, I'm a little too high strung for that (plus I own guns) and third, is a pretty adequate description of me.

Posted 16 Years Ago


5 of 5 people found this review constructive.

I prefer debate to philosophical poetry. Though not as a rule, as your work here reminds me.I would be interested to hear if you think that, taking your existential line a bit further, does Freedom actually exist?This is a concept I am exploring on my MySpace blog - http://www.myspace.com/karlostheunhappyjackyl in the style of Nietzsche's aphorisms, proposing the discussion point: "We are prisoners to the myth of freedom."I think your poem manages to creatively play with what is essentially an aphorism in poetry.

Posted 16 Years Ago


7 of 7 people found this review constructive.

you prove to me here that you like composing without the dogmatic thought of wanting to teach anybody anything
you just nurture the idea.
lovely
andy

Posted 16 Years Ago


9 of 9 people found this review constructive.

Your point is(?) to achieve perception there must be an awareness of the poles of the arguement. Furthermore, the worth comes from suffering, not from enjoying. Coming from the tragedy.
At the risk of teaching my Grandmother... Tragedy comes from Goat-Song, tragos- he goat, oide- song. The ceremonial rights in honour of Dionysus performers were disguised in goat skins as satyrs in hedonistic ritual. Tragedy/enjoyment. An interesting dichotomy.
By the way, your photograph on the beach, is it Inch Strand? Thanks also for the friendship request. Regards Ken.

Posted 16 Years Ago


12 of 12 people found this review constructive.

All endure and die. No one can excape life. And only death gives up rest. Suicide is not an answer but a question left unanswered. What comes in between can only prove us mortal. Nietzsche was a deep thinker who never answered the call to death as the end. He was none the less very powerful and this quote is powerful. Very well writen.

Posted 16 Years Ago


12 of 12 people found this review constructive.


First Page first
Previous Page prev
1
Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

1259 Views
24 Reviews
Rating
Added on April 2, 2008

Author

Carol Maric
Carol Maric

And then went down to the ship, Set keel to breakers, forth on the godly sea, and . . . Ezra Pound (TCOEP).



About
" My life goal? Literary Immortality--without compromise. " " I would rather be skydiving while writing a book. " philosopher & polymath Author of the unpublished masterpiece PROTEAN NotUnTit.. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


No No

A Poem by Carol Maric