The Epigraphs to PROTEAN NotUnTitled: The Philosophical Cantos

The Epigraphs to PROTEAN NotUnTitled: The Philosophical Cantos

A Poem by Carol Maric

This piece might be restored.
Please feel free to read all the reviews below.  Thank You All !

© 2008 Carol Maric


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

I love this piece of work. dreadfully bleak. and as all of your work, extremely interesting and reflective...the beauty of the crystal clear 'self-contempt'. I understand this.

I would love to know where you see the beauty in the beautiful as well. this writing prompts me wonder how you would describe that.

thank you

Posted 17 Years Ago


17 of 17 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

Very powerful!

Posted 16 Years Ago


10 of 12 people found this review constructive.

Suicide is painless, it brings on many changes and I can take or leave it if I please (For all you M*A*S*H fans out there) The quote from Nietzsche is powerful and simplistic. Very appropriate in here. The last line..."I wish them the only thing that can prove today whether one is worth anything or not-- that one endures." struck a very familiar chord inside. Facing hardships and overcoming them is a sign of great strength. There may be comfort in the thought of suicide, but there is cowardice as well. The bravest thing will always be to stand up after being knocked down and refuse to succumb. This is a powerful piece you've given us. Thank you.

Posted 16 Years Ago


15 of 15 people found this review constructive.

It is a powerful message... I am unsure whether to call the way you bring it to light an art but it serves its purpose well. I have to say it makes me wonder about many man's purpose behind their obsessions.

Posted 16 Years Ago


12 of 14 people found this review constructive.

This is really unusual. I'm not sure what I think but it certainly makes one think. Indeed, to rush and pick up the nearest book on philosophy. Your existential references mixed with a quote from my fav Shakespearian play

As mad as the vexed sea singing aloud...
Lest his ungoverned rage dissolve the life
That wants the means to lead it.

means I'll definately be back for more - soon.




Posted 16 Years Ago


15 of 15 people found this review constructive.

The thought of suicide is indeed a powerful comfort- it is an antidote to all those faiths that seeded in the fallout from our conciousness of death, that awful price we paid we paid for conciousness per se. You are calculatingly difficult- is that a charming thing? I'm unsure, it makes me wary. Yet here I am back for more. Cheers Chris.

Posted 16 Years Ago


15 of 15 people found this review constructive.

i amanotheryouashelterforemotionacavernof identitya contentmentin expressionrealitystingingweintosenselesssensationalexistence

Posted 16 Years Ago


14 of 14 people found this review constructive.

Carol, you never fail to amaze me. I loved this. And I learn.

Posted 17 Years Ago


12 of 14 people found this review constructive.

To think that the universal shared feelings in this poem are a certain internal pride that one can take in enduring, it is a sad possibility. It goes against my personal philosophy but there is truth here and, paradoxically, gentleness. Carol is definitely a student of existentialists, and does not fall into an easy cushion of religion as a shelter against this storm of reason. There is great courage here.

Posted 17 Years Ago


15 of 15 people found this review constructive.

I like this because it summons aspects of the important existential issue of rebellion. I know that you've refered to Shakespeare and Nietzsche, but this really reminds me of Camus. I like the idea that those you really care about should experience that dark side of life... that part that builds character and teaches us whether life is worth living in spite of everything. It is much preferable than living in a constructed world meant to protect us from the realities of existence, and the basic problems of living. Pretending doesn't make them go away... this poem captures that stirred emotional state in that confrontation with self. Perfect quote from Shakespeare. Very good.

Posted 17 Years Ago


18 of 18 people found this review constructive.

The thought of suicide has carried me through the worst moments of the past five years. Interesting that you would call this work your inferno as I refer to my own burden as my tower of babel. Perhaps we are the two ends of the spectrum.

I think I like your writing.

K

Posted 17 Years Ago


16 of 16 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

1260 Views
24 Reviews
Rating
Added on April 2, 2008

Author

Carol Maric
Carol Maric

And then went down to the ship, Set keel to breakers, forth on the godly sea, and . . . Ezra Pound (TCOEP).



About
" My life goal? Literary Immortality--without compromise. " " I would rather be skydiving while writing a book. " philosopher & polymath Author of the unpublished masterpiece PROTEAN NotUnTit.. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


No No

A Poem by Carol Maric