Withered Roses

Withered Roses

A Poem by CarolynLewisPoe
"

a poem about the love of Tristan and Isolde....

"

 She was my Juliet, I became her Romeo with a love binding though untrue.

Bound were we to eachother's passions but a potion of deciet flowed in her veins.

T'was never meant to be given, like her soft white hand was never to be in mine.

O! The pains of our influenced families, worlds apart,  yet so close together.

That potion made our love a withered rose, still so beautiful but truely dead!

Like Arthur has Queen Guinever, I had my love, even though simple a man was I. 

But she was snatched away in her true lover's grip, thus ending ours, only lust remained.

Because before the times of the lovers of olde, back when the worlds were young. 

With enchanted stories of perfect lives and unbroken chains of hope that didn't die.

Before there was ever a Queen with love for a man or knight with horse and chains of mail.

Before Romeo and Juliet... there was Tristan and Isolde, who's love was almost just the same.

 

 

 

© 2009 CarolynLewisPoe


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

Whoa; after reading this poem; I had one thing in my mind...'Elegance'.
I've been an avid fan of Tristan and Isolde and for years; I had been looking forward to read what people thought about their tragedy and now at least I've found something!!
Great Job...Adding Arthur and Guinevere and Romeo and Juliet made it more special.
Keep writing..
Cheers! =D
A.A.

Posted 15 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

Whoa; after reading this poem; I had one thing in my mind...'Elegance'.
I've been an avid fan of Tristan and Isolde and for years; I had been looking forward to read what people thought about their tragedy and now at least I've found something!!
Great Job...Adding Arthur and Guinevere and Romeo and Juliet made it more special.
Keep writing..
Cheers! =D
A.A.

Posted 15 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

397 Views
2 Reviews
Added on February 21, 2009

Author

CarolynLewisPoe
CarolynLewisPoe

wouldn't you like to know! ;p.....



About
Hi. I'm Carolyn Lewis Poe on here. I have c h o s e n that pen n a m e because they a r e the combined n a m e s of some o f my favorite w r i t e r s, Carolyn Keen, a u t h o r of the N a n c y Drew .. more..

Writing