The Angels don't cry for me.

The Angels don't cry for me.

A Poem by Coyote Poetry
"

A very old poem. I learn you can't be forgiven. Just to live with the foolishness.

"

The Angels don' cry for me.



The kind Angels don't cry or pray for a man with no conscious.

They can give only soft caresses to calm uncontrolled anger and energy.


I sat by the Monterey Bay wishing to be somewhere else.

I was haunted by mistakes.

My greed for flesh and money had  left me alone and desperate.


The sun fell into sea. I watched the first star appear.

I wished upon the first star.

For a dark eyed girl to come back to me.


Then I remembered I was the foolish man  who left her.

Left her with tears in her beautiful brown eyes.


Her haunting words are a part of me now." Please stay." If I left her.

No-one would ever love me again."


 I sat drowning in self pity and anger.

Wished a fool's dream.

To go back in time and hold on.


Angels don't forgive the cold and heartless men.

Men who drain young flesh and leave them for dead.


I found her once.

My brown eyed girl came to me.

She put her arms around me.

Whispered "I forgive you. Please take care of yourself."


She walked away with a true love hand in hand.

I saw she found joy in a man who knew he held a real diamond.


I drank my tequila alone and told the world to back off by the Seaside ocean.

I fell into the sea.

Trying to feel some kind of emotion.


I finally cried  tears for breaking a sweet woman heart.

I sat and waited for the sun to rise from the east.

Not knowing if a man could be forgiven for deeds done without heart or conscious?


I pray to the Gods of the sea, the sky and the earth for forgiveness.

I tossed the tequila down. I walked the cold and lonely beach.


The kind Angels are crying for me now.

They are praying for a man who held greed and hate as his love.


I sat by the sea wet,cold and understanding.


Love is the most beautiful and sweetest gift.


 When a sweet woman open up her heart and soul to you.


Hold on to her tightly.

Give long and sweet kisses.


Don't let go.

                                    Coyote

                                  Sept 1992

© 2012 Coyote Poetry


Author's Note

Coyote Poetry
A re-write. I'm thankful for the help I received on this site. My writing had improved. Thank you kind writers.

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

Rule 17: Omit needless words (from the Elements of Style by Strunk and White). I point this out because I think this would be a stronger poem if you remove the underbrush that serves no purpose. Get rid of the words that don't move the images, feelings, and thoughts forward. If you have trouble finding them, read the poem aloud. You'll hear the places it stumbles.

Posted 11 Years Ago


3 of 3 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

This took my breath away. I can see that only something like this could from something true. It is beautiful.

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

The emotion in this poem is beautiful! The regret, the longing, the feelings of being beyond forgiveness can torment us all from time to time. I'm not a professional writer so I can't tell you much about word structure or meter or anything like that, but when I read poetry I look for the emotion, the heart and the real person behind the words. It doesn't matter if the poem is from real life or just felt and imagined if it contains the writer's heart. I saw your heart here, great writing!!

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Coyote, this was written with love, beauty, sadness and yearning all churning together! Excellent reading!

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

That was stunning, so sad and beautiful at the same time. As I read it I felt an overwhelming sadness and regret, you conveyed the feelings behind the poem beautifully. The power behind your writing, and the feelings you can envoke with it is breath taking. I wish I could say more....but this poem has truely left me at a loss for words.

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

My heart aches from reading this poem. So many are cast aside so easily out of selfish reasons, or those who sit idly by in their own little personal world so self-absorbed within their soap bubble of narcissism that they don't realize the consequences of their indifference and negligence. Sometimes it takes losing what you hold dear to make you realize what you truly appreciate. Sometimes people get lucky and have a second chance while others have to deal with the loss. The important thing to keep in mind is to not repeat your mistakes, to not take anything for granted. For what you have today may slip through your fingers if you don't pay close attention and give it the care that it deserves. A fine write, although I must agree with UnendingOceans that it would be a bit stronger if you omit some of the needless words. At this point it reads a bit like a prose poem, but overall it is very moving.

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

This is really beautiful and nostalgic. I love it. Reminds me of a dark-eyed i broke once too.

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

This is breathtaking and heartwarming, wise and powerful dear poet,
Every word you have written with care, and I can feel the love.
Your ending is the message... quite well.

E.L.

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Breathtaking plus heartfelt right! This is a strong beautiful poem!

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

[send message][befriend] Subscribe
.
Beautiful write. I love the emotions you put into your work. Always enjoy reading your poems x

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

i hope u keep up the good writes

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

3357 Views
93 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 7 Libraries
Added on August 14, 2012
Last Updated on August 17, 2012
Tags: angel, pray, love

Author

Coyote Poetry
Coyote Poetry

MI



About
A Poet and writer who love to read and write. My pleasure is reading about the bad and good in a life. Also to honor the Poets/Writers of the past by reading their words. Remember .. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..