The word man.

The word man.

A Poem by Coyote Poetry
"

Need people to desire peace before we cross a line of no return.

"
 

020_20                            

Many years ago. In 1991 to 1993. I would read my poetry on the coastline of California.  I had some fans too. Old woman and young girls. They called me the word man. I carry a book of poetry and wrote on the beaches and the nearby mountains. I met many word men and women. Many musicians and surfers hung with us. We had  a lot of beer and liquor.  Best days were in Big Surf. Sharing music and the word. Need more word men and women. Good to listen and learn. Leonard Cohen and Dylan are the first word men for me.  I found many more when I search into the past. Art, word and music is needed. Utopia was forgotten and lost with time. Beauty, song  and words is the last freedom we got.

025_25.jpg

The word man.

Old man of 36 years old. Drinking the tequila slow.

Young girl at his feet. Asked for a poem. “Please word man tell me a tale. Make me laugh. Make me forget. Allow be to find some peace and safety  in your word.”


He smile at the young girl. Told her. “Old man is tire. I said too much and no-one cared. Old world is falling apart. All I can do is watch and wait.”


The girl ponder the words. Told the man. ” When we forget the value of words. What is left? Words create hope and sadness. Words can create change and make people think. We need words in song and story. We need pictures of beauty. We can’t forget to know laughter and do what we can.”


The word man smiles. Told her. “We are, but peddles in a pond. That rarely moved.  No-one can do too much to change life. We are fools waiting for the end to know peace.”


The girl open her small journey. Told the word man. I wrote this for you.


Words were just whispers in the wind. My voice had become forgotten. All my dreams were stole away. I saw no greatness in my soul. I listen to a Poet at the Monterey Coffee house. Read his words strong and proud. Told us be strong and live life without fear. Test life and travel. Don’t allow the naysayers stop you from great dreams.


I believe you then and today I know the word man is inside the tire and drunk body.


I felt a tear roll down my face. I tossed the tequila to the sand. Told my young friend. Let go get some coffee and we can write some poetry together. Ain’t a good day to waste on useless things.


I turn and looked at her pretty young face. Kissed her forehead. I thank the young words girl. For showing me laying and waiting for nothing. Is useless.


Need people with dreams and hope. Too many people with great dreams are gone. Need more Artist, Musicians and writers. Must show the world we can know peace and calm.


War is not  the road to peace. Guns create fear and hate. Soldiers are not the tools of kind countries.


Love and kindness are the way. My favorite word man is gone. John Denver. He stated in a  song.


“War is man’s sin.”

Thank you for reading.

John castellenas/John Coyote

017_17

© 2012 Coyote Poetry


Author's Note

Coyote Poetry
A old poem with old dreams.

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

This was touching. We need more great people. More kindness and brighter lights in a world where saviors messengers and miracles are only hummed in fairytales. John Denver's words are inspiring. How can I forget how he made me love 'sunshine' again through his song? Thank you for sharing.

-youoweyoupay

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

A very powerful and emotional write. Kindness would go a lot further but it seems to be lacking when it comes to governments around the world and their leaders. They just won't let the people live their lives in peace.

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

This was a very inspiring and touching piece to me. We need more of this positivity in our world today! I also enjoy the pictures you add into your work... makes everything more personable for us readers.

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

John, you are indeed the word man. i have never read anything by you which did not manage to stir my soul and bring emotional response. i overlook mispells and typos because it is an editor's job to correct these minor discrepancies. your messages are pure and enlightening and you are among my favorite poets. i look forward to seeing your poetry in a bound hardcopy one day. hopefully, a signed first edition!!!

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

A touching write. I will say that I felt the authenticity of your words very strongly. A few spots had some word "tenses" messed up, small grammar errors...
I agree that we need to use are words for good and to express the depths of our experiences. Soldiers however, have always been the tools of a resposible government. We live in a "sin filled" world and without our soldiers evil will prevail and words, music, and every freedom ov expression will be taken away. I love John Denver's music, but war is mankind standing strong against the evil of this world. it is sad and messy and tragic beyond words... Still, if we wish for our children to have their freedom and to enjoy the beauty of our words, then we must fight today.
Enjoyed the read.

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

The foundation of today,old is not,and the new needs to be open to the past,just because long skis and surf boards are so much fun.

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

This was touching. We need more great people. More kindness and brighter lights in a world where saviors messengers and miracles are only hummed in fairytales. John Denver's words are inspiring. How can I forget how he made me love 'sunshine' again through his song? Thank you for sharing.

-youoweyoupay

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

I like the honesty and the biographic nature of the peice. I also love the short introduction you gave to it. A beauitful read.

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Spun masterfully "word man"

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

You never disappoint Coyote. Love your writes.

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

It seems like the whole of the 20th century we were at war and the 21st hasn't started out any better. Both are true of the world. A desire by a few people to have total world dominance I think is the true reason. They never out grew the childish desire to rule the world. A good story with lots of wise truths in it.

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


First Page first
Previous Page prev
1
Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

1376 Views
18 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 1 Library
Added on December 12, 2012
Last Updated on December 12, 2012

Author

Coyote Poetry
Coyote Poetry

MI



About
A Poet and writer who love to read and write. My pleasure is reading about the bad and good in a life. Also to honor the Poets/Writers of the past by reading their words. Remember .. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Quiet Reflection Quiet Reflection

A Poem by Tex