Measure and weight

Measure and weight

A Poem by Coyote Poetry
"

What make us feel human and alive? I believe it is the love we embrace and the forgiveness we must understand and accept.

"
                                   Measure and weight

Sitting by the wayside and waiting for answers that can't be answered with words.
I like the dreamy old Poets and writers from the past. They told us live and live some more.
The dead can't live no-more.

Old Poet with Miller beer in hand told me. "Measure and weight of things make people and dreams
more important. No-one remembered a man who worked himself to death and appreciate nothing
but money and toys. We must measure up what is important. We must weight the value of time.
Weary and lonely men will tell you. Measure and weight what you think is truly valuable. Otherwise we
are just meat. Raised up to die and be eaten."

Young man looked at his sweet love. She whispered I love you more the all the star in the bright sky.
He brought her close and told her. "I'm no-one and you are everything. You are my reason to be alive.'

Old Soldier sat by a grave. He drank some budlights beers and talks to his dead friend. He told him. "I brought your favorite beer for you. I needed to be near a friend. Your children are women now. I don't know what to tell them. You were always a wise man. You would tell me. "Better to shut-up than shake the mountain."  I need to measure and weight the past. Some stories need to play dead forever. I know there is love beyond the grave. You are watching your daughters.  I do what I can. They miss and need their father. Damn wars take the best from us." I left the four remainding beers and stand up. Salute the gravestone and walked away.

She was a weathered beauty. Her eyes still shone like a noon sun. I asked her why she spend time with
a man who wanted nothing, just waiting for death. She gave me a big Texas smile and a kiss. Told me. "No-one dead yet my Soldier friend. We are still breathing and have music, dance and whiskey. The night is young and dance floor is empty. Life is measure and weight upon on what we do. The past is gone and we are here.
No-one dead yet?  Let dance Johnnie. Forget the bad days and let's rewrite some new one's.'

I don't know I told the people at the poetry reading. Does words have any meaning at all?

                             Measure and weight

She kissed me once, she kissed me twice.
I held her tightly.
She asked to be kissed again.
I told her. Too many kisses lead us to deadly ground
where we can lose control.

I watch her ponder the measure and weight of the statement.
She told me, 'Johnnie. Few opportunity for the second kiss.
A wise man don't hesitate when a pretty lady asked for more.
Better to venture to the unknown and hope for a happy ending."

I kissed her again and hope to find utopia in her eyes.

                  End.

Love and kindness is the way to understanding. Many will fall.
Sooner or later the wounds turn to scars and if we are lucky.
We will know some hope still.

     Coyote


© 2014 Coyote Poetry


Author's Note

Coyote Poetry
A new poem. I hope you enjoy.

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

"Measure and weight what you think is truly valuable" - Words full of ancient wisdom...Time, tide and wait for no one. Everything passes away...in a fleeting breath...we blink, to open our eyes and its all gone...So its up to us to sift the wheat from the chaff...to take the love and leave the rest...

The wise won't hesitate when love comes calling...The rest will go on getting wounded because they never learnt to recognize love. A very thought-provoking and sobering write sir.

Posted 10 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Coyote Poetry

10 Years Ago

Thank you Divya. Just a lot of thoughts on life and things.
DIVYA

10 Years Ago

You are most welcome! :)



Reviews

very nice poem here good job and thanks for sharing

Posted 10 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Coyote Poetry

10 Years Ago

Thank you Jeannear for reading and the comment. I do appreciate.
Wow. There is so many great lines in this! I love the ending ones the most though. I love how it all comes together. We all fear losing happiness and I think you very nicely place in short how many feel.

Posted 10 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Coyote Poetry

10 Years Ago

Thank you Alicia for your kind words. Old age make us understand what is truly important.
"Measure and weight what you think is truly valuable" - Words full of ancient wisdom...Time, tide and wait for no one. Everything passes away...in a fleeting breath...we blink, to open our eyes and its all gone...So its up to us to sift the wheat from the chaff...to take the love and leave the rest...

The wise won't hesitate when love comes calling...The rest will go on getting wounded because they never learnt to recognize love. A very thought-provoking and sobering write sir.

Posted 10 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Coyote Poetry

10 Years Ago

Thank you Divya. Just a lot of thoughts on life and things.
DIVYA

10 Years Ago

You are most welcome! :)
That is true Johnnie, Opportunity knocks but only once, She is a wise lady. Few opportunity comes for the second. This is a great story and so much lesson to ponder. I like your idea of not reliving on the past but rather living for the present. Yesterday is history, Tomorrow is a mystery and today is a gift. That is why its called Present

Love and kindness is the way to understanding. Many will fall.
Sooner or later the wounds turn to scars and if we are lucky.
We will know some hope still. ~ Coyote

I like your benediction here. Many will Fall . It reminds me of
a poem I have written ( FALLEN ) that Love is not just a plain simple word that we just say. It does carries Weight and Measure. Not only to ourselves but to the person being spoken to. We don't say it unless we really mean it from our heart. Its a very potent and dangerous word to utter. For it could change everything.

Posted 10 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Coyote Poetry

10 Years Ago

Thank you for reading and the comment. Old age teaches us to appreciate the good people and the good.. read more
NeiL ArandA

10 Years Ago

I absolutely agree Cayote ...
I have these reasons to commend this piece, CP:
- the description is a nice quote :"What make us feel human and alive? I believe it is the love we embrace and the forgiveness we must understand and accept."
-the stories of different people in the verses 2-5 are splendid.
-the lesson is so evident. It's relevant.

Bravo!

Posted 10 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Coyote Poetry

10 Years Ago

Thank you Dhaye. I'm writing old man poetry. Thinking too hard and trying to have purpose and reason.. read more
Wonderful write.
I enjoyed the splendid conversation.
Thanks for sharing.

Posted 10 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Coyote Poetry

10 Years Ago

Thank you Zainul for reading and the comment. We need to listen to our elders. We become elders one .. read more
zainul

10 Years Ago

You are always welcome,dear friend.I agree with you on passing the wisdom of a good life forward to .. read more

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

531 Views
7 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 2 Libraries
Added on January 24, 2014
Last Updated on January 24, 2014

Author

Coyote Poetry
Coyote Poetry

MI



About
A Poet and writer who love to read and write. My pleasure is reading about the bad and good in a life. Also to honor the Poets/Writers of the past by reading their words. Remember .. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Your Dear Your Dear

A Poem by Antoñyo


Change Change

A Poem by Antoñyo