Highway 80 west stories.   Chapter eight. Finding some kind of peace.

Highway 80 west stories. Chapter eight. Finding some kind of peace.

A Chapter by Coyote Poetry
"

Life can be hard. Can be fair also.

"
               Chapter nine.  Highway 80 west stories.  Finding some kind of peace.
I ran more hot water in the large hotel bathtub. I go to back to washing her long auburn hair. She relaxed in the water watching the dancing bubbles.  She turned to me and asked. "Is love real. Do we have reason and purpose for being alive. My father worked for 40 years and he died overnight. He never prepared me for his death. What do I support to feel?"   I took a deep breathe and told her. "When I was in Kuwait. After my sister told me my grandfather had died. I needed time to grasp. I'm still. Death isn't for us to understand. I lost two brothers to suicide. It pissed me off so bad. I disappeared for three years. It wasn't a good thing. I wrote poetry and story. I went back to school. I closed all doors. Not good to play dead when you are alive."

Lana eyes were filled with soft tears and questioned me. "Johnnie, you won't let me play dead. Are you? Will you leave me in Reno and forget me as soon as you get back on Highway 80? I don't want to be a burden. Maybe you have a girlfriend, responsibility and a good life? Maybe I'm dead weight to you?"   I poured warm water on her hair. Moving my hands through her hair to ensure no soap is left. I caressed her shoulders and told her. "You are not dead weight to me, honey. With you I have reasons and purpose to be alive. I will hang around you as long as you need me. Today you are mourning. You need to mourn and you need to.  I have no-one anywhere. I joined for the war. I wanted a suicide of a sort. I volunteered for every dangerous mission. Death didn't want me yet. Maybe you are right. It was my destiny to find you on Highway 80. The last few days have been my best in many moons. I hope I won't let you down. We have a lot of decisions to make. We have time. Tomorrow I will take you to the Salt Lake city "Family History library and the Mormon Tabernacle. We will take some pictures, buy a few books and have some fun."

I got one of my Desert Storm shirts and gave her the shirt to her as she dried herself off. She put the shirt on and asked me. "Do you think I'm beautiful? I see in your eyes. You like to watch me bathe and get dressed. I want you to want me. I need to be wanted."  I took her hand and took her to the bed. She laid on the bed with a sweet smile. I covered her with the blanket. I took my clothing off. I joined her on the bed and caressed her face.  I told her.  "If we have sex. Everything will change. Sex don't heal the heart and don't make things better. In a few weeks if you still need Johnnie around. I will hold you and never release you from my life."

Lana smiled a sad smile and told me. "Johnnie you are a brave man. Maybe a saint? I agree to your terms. If you promise to take me to Monterey. If even for a few days."  I whispered to her. "We will drink Irish Coffee and roam the beaches. I will write a million words for you. I will take you to Monterey. Maybe we can find some sort of peace?"

Lana fell to sleep quickly. She held me tightly like a stuff teddy bear protecting her from demons.  I caressed her forehead when she shook with bad dreams and memories. I wondered what would I do with her. She was educated and have great possibilities. I was no-one. I was searching for death and I found someone who needed me more than dying. I guess I will roll with the flow. Poor Lana is young and strong. I learn a long time ago. Woman decide what they need and want. Men just believe they are in control. I will hope for a good landing. I close my eyes and I tried to find sleep.

                                       Coyote


© 2014 Coyote Poetry


Author's Note

Coyote Poetry
A short chapter. I hope you enjoy.

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Featured Review

Once again you've done it my Poet Friend.

I love it so Lovely Elegant and Romantic.

Lovely lines.

Lana fell to sleep quickly. She held me tightly like a stuff teddy bear protecting her from demons. I caressed her forehead when she shook with bad dreams and memories.

I was searching for death and I found someone who needed me more than dying. I guess I will roll with the flow. Poor Lana is young and strong. I learn a long time ago. Woman decide what they need and want. Men just believe they are in control.

Beautiful Fair tails. Blessings Kindred poet



Posted 10 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Coyote Poetry

10 Years Ago

Thank you. The story is almost done. I will finally finish one book. Four more to finish.
Benita-Staebell M - KindredPoet

10 Years Ago

You're very welcome. Blessings kindred poet



Reviews

awwww woww..

man Coyote this was just so you.. your time in the service, the woman of your past, life, death, happiness, and sorrow, memories of the base by the beach.. the sand.. writing.. being lost, being found.. wanting to be wanted.. wanting to want someone again too..

and all in my neck of the woods too, so it has that special meaning for me..

you are a very blessed man my friend in that you, know who you are..

i hope someday, i know who i am, too..

incredible, beautiful

Antonio :)

Posted 10 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Coyote Poetry

10 Years Ago

I hope one day we will sit where Hemingway sat. Drink some strong coffee and enjoy the view of the s.. read more
Antonio Valentino

10 Years Ago

that would be great.. maybe soon when the waters wave under sunny skies.. I'll buy the first cup
read more
Once again you've done it my Poet Friend.

I love it so Lovely Elegant and Romantic.

Lovely lines.

Lana fell to sleep quickly. She held me tightly like a stuff teddy bear protecting her from demons. I caressed her forehead when she shook with bad dreams and memories.

I was searching for death and I found someone who needed me more than dying. I guess I will roll with the flow. Poor Lana is young and strong. I learn a long time ago. Woman decide what they need and want. Men just believe they are in control.

Beautiful Fair tails. Blessings Kindred poet



Posted 10 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Coyote Poetry

10 Years Ago

Thank you. The story is almost done. I will finally finish one book. Four more to finish.
Benita-Staebell M - KindredPoet

10 Years Ago

You're very welcome. Blessings kindred poet
I'm enjoying the delicacy of emotions..and the acknowledgement of this from both characters. I used to think of love as this hollywood version...I've come to realize the quieter expressions are important. Simple things. Looking forward to more.

Posted 10 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Coyote Poetry

10 Years Ago

I was a Soldier for 15 years. Different kind of places and women. I had six sisters and held respect.. read more
There is always a thick vein of tenderness towards females running through your writes, one that I am always smiling at when I finish the write, if all men could go back to the point in memory where boys
were still innocent of pain and protective of the feminine essence maybe there could be hope for a sustaining emotion in the marriages of today.

Posted 10 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Coyote Poetry

10 Years Ago

Woman can make us content or suffer. I have been marry almost 20 years now. Love change and people c.. read more
Corset

10 Years Ago

so true, and it's a lovely plot you have going on.

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

506 Views
4 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 1 Library
Added on March 29, 2014
Last Updated on April 5, 2014


Author

Coyote Poetry
Coyote Poetry

MI



About
A Poet and writer who love to read and write. My pleasure is reading about the bad and good in a life. Also to honor the Poets/Writers of the past by reading their words. Remember .. more..

Writing