Everything

Everything

A Poem by Coyote Poetry
"

How much do we truly need?

"
                                 Everything

If I lost everything. Would  I become afraid?

We live in a time. Where needing more and more is the real value of life to most. How many toys do you need?

Where is the coffee time and long conversations? Cell phones and computers make us forget the human touch,
the human voice.

Is real value of a good life, dying with a million dollars sitting in the bank? Wishing you had traveled. Wishing you had sat by the sea and  drank good beer and wine with friends and family.

I don't believe money is the cure for happiness. I know we must work to buy food and shelter. Invest money so we can live okay when we are old and gray.

I don't want everything. I want my hand in my daughter hand when we cross the street. I want to hear Grandchildren calling my name. Grand-dad. I want my kind wife near when I'm weak and need a tender touch.
To me, this is a enough.

A good life is encircled with many mother embraces, Grandma kisses and Grandfather big smiles and good words. This is the real wealth of a life.

A solitary man who cared for wealth and his business. What does he have?  Old story by Og Mandino."A rich man came to him. He told Og. Give me a reason to live. I have wealth now and no hope left. I will pay you a million dollars to show me the good way. Og told him. Follow me. Og took him to a graveyard. The rich man asked. Why did you bring me here? Og told him. These folks are dead and  can't do nothing to improve their life. Sir, you are alive. Give your money away do something worthwhile. Live and find real purpose. Money to people in graveyard don't mean much. The rich man thanks Og and he understood."

A poor man who gave away everything and he is surrounded by family. Children who loved him  and appreciate him. Had many good friends and know art, books and music. He had a complete life.

Maybe everything is not so wonderful. Maybe you should love many and know the meaning of kindness.

  Coyote/John Castellenas



© 2014 Coyote Poetry


Author's Note

Coyote Poetry
Thank you for reading.

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

"This is the real wealth of a life."

Wow. You have summed up the real wealth of life in this wonderful write. The real things that make people happy away from the rat race. No one has taken any money to the grave but the echo of his or her legacy...Excellent...:)..............

Posted 9 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Coyote Poetry

9 Years Ago

You are right Sami. What we do today and tomorrow is the key to living.
Sami Khalil

9 Years Ago

Yep. You are welcome...:)..........................



Reviews

You have Written again wise Words, John. Money do not mean Everything. I don't want big Things, only My family and Friends. To See How My child grows up.



Posted 9 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Coyote Poetry

9 Years Ago

Thank you Sarah. I learn the hard way. Time with family is the true value of a good life. Without la.. read more
[send message][befriend] Subscribe
Pax
My good friend, I always knew you have a good heart, and this piece proves that and many more whenever i came by to read you...

This piece made me reflect about a friends/roommate coversation, he said that I am the type of guy who likes to enjoy my freedom, to enjoy and buy anything i want, but in fact i don't know what i want or i believed that i only want the simple things, i don't much actually, and when i buy i think twice or thrice or more, i guess money for me is important for me to live(eat&food&shelter) and to provide for my family, that is why i am here in Saudi to work in a foriegn land just to earn more and the downside is that it is sad when your far away...

well, i fancy being rich, what it is like, i guess i am only human who had lived in poverty that wanted to try some luxury, but then again it will not be one of my dream, one thing the remains in mind: be loved and provide love for who we love.

Posted 9 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Coyote Poetry

9 Years Ago

When you need more and more. You will never know happiness. Thank you for reading and the comment.
The true meaning of life is often forgotten. I really enjoyed this poem. It shares an honest insight that most people easily disregard. Very nicely penned :)
-QuanaWana

Posted 9 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Coyote Poetry

9 Years Ago

Thank you for reading and the comment. Most of us must learn the hard way. The simple things are the.. read more
Where is the coffee time and long conversations?
Cell phones and computers make us forget the
human touch,
the human voice.
So true my friend. Thank you for sharing another beautiful write.
Zahra

Posted 9 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Coyote Poetry

9 Years Ago

I don't own a cell phone. Damn computer does own me. Thank you for reading and the comment.
"This is the real wealth of a life."

Wow. You have summed up the real wealth of life in this wonderful write. The real things that make people happy away from the rat race. No one has taken any money to the grave but the echo of his or her legacy...Excellent...:)..............

Posted 9 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Coyote Poetry

9 Years Ago

You are right Sami. What we do today and tomorrow is the key to living.
Sami Khalil

9 Years Ago

Yep. You are welcome...:)..........................
When you have the persons who truly love you, you surely have everything.
This is wonderfully written.

Posted 9 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Coyote Poetry

9 Years Ago

Thank you Dhaye. Today world believe in the wrong things. Don't need everything. Need what you need .. read more
I dig it! :) Of course, I always enjoy when the truth is spoken.

Posted 9 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Coyote Poetry

9 Years Ago

Thank you. Good to see you back. I will read your work tonight.
This is a very profound, compelling write...where
One stops in their tracks and realizes what is lacking today
As a society...And what is important...instead of...

Blinking cursors, peeking curiosity, tends to make way for
Miscommunication, loneliness, leading to apathy, of
The human condition. Even cyber bullying.

This write takes me back to the simpler times
Where love, marriage actually meant something more,
Commitment, monetary status wasn't about bragging
About how much one earns..what they do

Grandparents as well as parents were mostly revered
And children were more active, playing in the sun
With their friends in the summer. That was mostly
My childhood.

You've got quite a talent for story telling...
conveying words of wisdom


I love the last line you penned, the best...for it has struck
Within my heart. Indeed love many and learn the meaning
Of kindness. Sadly this is what sorely
lacking in today's society. Brilliant...very thought
provoking write!

Thank you for sharing!

Posted 10 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Coyote Poetry

10 Years Ago

Thank you for reading and the comment. I do appreciate.
ms. barrie

10 Years Ago

You're very welcome, Sir :)
Here is a man (?) who knows the true meaning of life. Travel through this world light of possessions and heavy with love. I may not have a lot to offer but what i've got is priceless!

Posted 10 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Coyote Poetry

10 Years Ago

Thank you Corset for reading and the kind words. I'm a man. I learn by mistakes to know the true val.. read more
Corset

10 Years Ago

it's lovely, truely enjoyable read.

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

525 Views
9 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 2 Libraries
Added on April 20, 2014
Last Updated on April 22, 2014

Author

Coyote Poetry
Coyote Poetry

MI



About
A Poet and writer who love to read and write. My pleasure is reading about the bad and good in a life. Also to honor the Poets/Writers of the past by reading their words. Remember .. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Echoes of You Echoes of You

A Poem by Relic


Prisms Prisms

A Chapter by Renée