The road called me.

The road called me.

A Poem by Coyote Poetry
"

I'm tire of same places and faces. I need the road.

"
                                 The road called me

I'm tire, so damn tired.

Somehow I got lost. I looked into the mirror and I see a bloody stranger.
A ghost of a man I once was. I'm tire of people who have no concern for me.
Just blood suckers stealing my blood and life.

I saw men lay down and died often in my life. Sometime the gun is faster than the slow death.
I was a soldier once and I knew freedom one.

In sweet dreams. I danced, sang, drank and owned nothing but my old truck.  I was free of people with
fake smiles and worked you till you become dead.

I bleed for people daily who watch me die daily. They do not care for the real reasons of life.
Work, work and work some more. They steal your soul and do not give a damn about you.

I'm tire, so damn tire.

I hear the road calling. I want the free people and long highway.
I need a dozen years by the sea and the forest. Drink in my Ojibwa blood.
Today I'm no-one. Dead-man walking.

I need Big Surf and a tent. To drink with musicians, writers, surfers and the poets.
Leave the fake goals and cell phones behind.

I need conversation and a worthwhile cause. If  I die today.
What will they say Johnnie was? Just a donkey who left his world worst off than he got.
This is very sad.

The road is calling me and kind people offered me places to rest.
The donkey is too weak to  move.
I'm tire, so damn tire.

                           Coyote/John Castellenas

© 2014 Coyote Poetry


Author's Note

Coyote Poetry
Not happy poetry. A new poem.

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

Wow, I am speechless. :) This poem really makes the reader feel a great deal of emotion. I felt as if I was a loner reading it, though I know everyone has a different perspective. I loved reading this, thank you for writing it

Posted 9 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Coyote Poetry

9 Years Ago

Thank you for reading. I'm getting old. Sometime My wishes come alive in my poetry.
Wanderlust is ever dragging us along, inspiring us to carry on with our journey even as we grow evermore weary. I liked this one a lot. A few grammatical errors that might be worth going back through and editing, but well done nonetheless.

Posted 9 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Coyote Poetry

9 Years Ago

Thank you Ashira. I appreciate the comment and help. I will re-edit.
I'm gonna remember this one

Posted 9 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Coyote Poetry

9 Years Ago

Thank you for reading and the comment. The wolf doesn't like cages either.

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

239 Views
3 Reviews
Added on July 25, 2014
Last Updated on July 25, 2014

Author

Coyote Poetry
Coyote Poetry

MI



About
A Poet and writer who love to read and write. My pleasure is reading about the bad and good in a life. Also to honor the Poets/Writers of the past by reading their words. Remember .. more..

Writing