I don't need you

I don't need you

A Poem by Coyote Poetry
"

words do have great power and strength.

"


                                I don't need you

At the Purgatory Inn. Old men wisdom mean little.
Dead men wisdom is bury and gone forever.

I'm sitting with old writers and fellow non-believers in the lullabies of the perfect god.

Each one with their self logic. I watched Twain and Jefferson playing a game of chess. Twain asked Jefferson. You ever loved someone so deep. You would die without them?  Jefferson ponder the thought and he answered. Love my friend. Dangerous ground today and yesterday. Love is like walking on tight-rope. Woman will beg to be loved and tell you. I don't need you. Twain laughs and told him. You are right old friend. Old dogs and flowing river is what we must hold true. Dog need food and a run. Flowing river will run till damn man create wall of cement to stop the life giving water.

Twain asked Jefferson. Where is God? I saw war, depression and hard times. I didn't see no miracles. Life is hard work and driving forward.

"Question with boldness even the existence of a god; because if there be one he must approve of the homage of reason more than that of blindfolded fear."

-Thomas Jefferson, letter to Peter Carr, August 10, 1787


Jefferson looked around at his companions at the Purgatory Inn. He told Twain. Some people need to believe in something. Even  a myth of something never felt. Real life is what you can touch and do. You must work hard and be a man with justice and kindness. I believe in the sky, the sea and the ground. We need to be human and not kill for the sake of religion or color. Here at the Purgatory Inn. We have found our place.


I'm sitting with Marie Curie and Robert Frost. Marie is besting Robert Frost in the game of chess. She told him. Men have no imagination. You play the same moves and expect woman not to be bored and disappointed. You must take chances, mix up the game a bit. Robert looked at me and told me. Women my friend. We owe them everything and nothing. Woman want freedom and dance. They want laughter and promises kept. Hard to do my friend.

Robert Frost

My sorrow.she's here with me, thinks these dark days of autumn rain are beautiful as days can be; she loves the bare, the withered tree; she walks the sodden pasture lane.”    Robert Frost

Marie gave me a gentle tap and she told me. Johnnie, it is okay to question life. Test everything. Don't fear tomorrow. Love is costly. Being surrounded by dead writers and politicians made me understand. Sometime old and young woman get tire of old men.  Tell them to leave and I don't need you. Better to be free and content than dead in cold water and lost hope.



"Nothing in life is to be feared, it is only to be understood. Now is the time to understand more, so that we may fear
less"  Marie Currie

I wanted a true love once.  I learn from great people. Love is hard work and concern.  Purgatory Inn is for the people who believed in real life and what you can touch. God is with us. The sun and the moon. In the scent of the blooming flowers and the smile of the child. I believe a good life is being kind  and willing to bend and flex to make the people near content. I hope you enjoyed my tale. Just non-fiction with favorite writers and men/women.

    Coyote/John Castellenas

© 2014 Coyote Poetry


Author's Note

Coyote Poetry
A new poem. I hope you like.

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

Your style is very diverse and unique. I love the way you think outside the box when it comes to your pieces. Thank you for sharing this work with us. It was a very intriguing write!

Posted 9 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Coyote Poetry

9 Years Ago

Thank you. I'm trying to try new things. I enjoy the story poetry.
An interesting piece to read here, good job :)

Posted 9 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Coyote Poetry

9 Years Ago

Thank you. I appreciate the comment.
Not Crazy about Thomas Jefferson. But this was quite interesting.

your work always makes me think.



Thank you for your kind review you left
on my page and for sharing.


Blessings. Benita

Posted 9 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

This comment has been deleted by the poster.
This comment has been deleted by the poster.
Benita-Staebell M - KindredPoet

9 Years Ago

You're welcome. I love how your story turned out and love reading your writes. you do know Thomas Je.. read more
This is exactly what I needed to read at this moment. Brilliant masterpiece and very thought provoking. Thank you for sharing this. Xo :)

Posted 9 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Coyote Poetry

9 Years Ago

Thank you. I'm glad you like the poem. I have been working on a series of poetry for the Purgatory I.. read more
Purplerose

9 Years Ago

Very cool! I'm looking forward to reading more of your talent. Xo :)
Coyote Poetry

9 Years Ago

Thank you.

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

412 Views
4 Reviews
Rating
Added on September 11, 2014
Last Updated on September 11, 2014

Author

Coyote Poetry
Coyote Poetry

MI



About
A Poet and writer who love to read and write. My pleasure is reading about the bad and good in a life. Also to honor the Poets/Writers of the past by reading their words. Remember .. more..

Writing