The Raven and the Coyote

The Raven and the Coyote

A Story by Coyote Poetry
"

A story. Some of my Ojibwa heritage coming out.

"
                             The Raven and the Coyote

The Raven watched the moon. Her interest awoken by the sitting Coyote on the mountain ridge. The Coyote was the trickster. He should be dancing and creating havoc. He sat watching the raising moon since early dust. The piercing eyes of the Raven watched the subdued Coyote with great interest.  The Raven went to the Coyote. Sitting near him and she asked him. If you loved her.  Why did you set her free? You restraints in the want of love when you should of been begging for her to stay. She seized your heart and you wished her well in her new journey away from you.

The Coyote looked at the Raven and he told her. You and I had shared many meals. Discussed  the sky and the moon often. We know life is unfair and a unknown journey.  I know you can't stop the moon from rising to light up the midnight sky. You can't stop the sun from rising in the early morning. Love is contagious. We can be bounded and condemned. We welcome the dance and the embrace. Are we truly prepared? The restraint in love can leave the water calm. Desperate attempts at love glory can cause great hell storms and hurricane of mass destruction.

The Raven looked confused and she asked. I saw you kneel at her feet. You worship her face, eyes and words. I watched her seduced you and condemned you to be alone. Her magnificent beauty and her confessing of love made you dance with her. Wild and freely for the entertainment of the night and the stars. I remember hearing you call her name to the holy moon. She bewitched  you with pledges of love that could not be.

Coyote came close to the Raven and he whispered. If you don't have enough or the forest so deep cannot bare the splendor of true love. Don't fall to the complex emotion of love. Some woman cannot be held down without gifts of wild and deep passion. Old Coyote is at his ending. Sweet woman wanted too much. Better to release and try to forget. I have learn peace for I set her free. Free to find someone not banished in the heart and empty in the fortune of love. The trickster know too. Love can arise again. Sometime  the fire is burning so hot and can be encased into uncontrolled want and need. She is gone my dear friend Raven. Love nest need two people willing to die and live for love.

Coyote stood up. The Raven asked we hunt and dance tonight. The Coyote smiled and told the Raven. Ain't dead till the blood is dried-up and body weak. Let's dance for the moon and the stars.

The moon and the star were laughing. They saw the Raven and Coyote dancing with the wind.

                            Coyote/John Castellenas


© 2014 Coyote Poetry


Author's Note

Coyote Poetry
A new story. I hope you enjoy.

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Featured Review

Beautiful. I have heard the story of the moon and trickster coyote, so this was a fascinating read :)

End of 1st paragraph: "You restraints in the want of love" sounds strange, keep message but try to re-word.
Beginning of 4th paragraph: "If you don't have enough or the forest so deep cannot bare the splendour of true love." same thing, I think it needs to be re-worded, or at least the beginning of it.


Posted 9 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Coyote Poetry

9 Years Ago

Thank you for reading and the help. I do appreciate.
Astrid

9 Years Ago

Any time ~



Reviews

Beautiful. I have heard the story of the moon and trickster coyote, so this was a fascinating read :)

End of 1st paragraph: "You restraints in the want of love" sounds strange, keep message but try to re-word.
Beginning of 4th paragraph: "If you don't have enough or the forest so deep cannot bare the splendour of true love." same thing, I think it needs to be re-worded, or at least the beginning of it.


Posted 9 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Coyote Poetry

9 Years Ago

Thank you for reading and the help. I do appreciate.
Astrid

9 Years Ago

Any time ~
a very profounding story, the 2nd para and ending part are amazing. I enjoyed Coyote part in the story. thanks for sharing this wonderful piece.Keep writing

Posted 9 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Coyote Poetry

9 Years Ago

Thank you Eve. I like to write about my Ojibwa heritage. Native American story is entertaining with .. read more
This a tale of true magic. I love the concept of friendship between creatures that should be enemies. I just love fairytales and fantasy writes. The writing was a bit confusing in parts. It was hard to tell when dialogue was taking place and words were misused as far as tenses and plural nouns. The punctuation was a bit off, as well. I'm not one to complain about punctuation, though. I am horrible at that area of writing. Though, I do point it out when I notice, because I hope to help others. Great write. Thank you for sharing.

Posted 9 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Coyote Poetry

9 Years Ago

I need to edit. The raven and coyote do get along. Raven will follow the coyote and eat the leftover.. read more
This story was extremely enchanting in its theme and message. Ones who should be enemies, friends. Why can't the world be like this. I really enjoyed this story today Coyote.

Posted 9 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Coyote Poetry

9 Years Ago

Thank you. In Native American myth. Raven got the the leftover. So they follow the activity of the .. read more
The Coyote was a great soul to watch and listen to.
We've always seen the Raven as an ominous soul, but
it was interesting to see the Raven concerned about
the pain the lost of love created instead of bringing
that pain itself. There is alot to be said about love after
reading this. A lot of wisdom going on here.

Posted 9 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Coyote Poetry

9 Years Ago

Thank you. I appreciate the comment.
Intresting piece you have here. It peaked my intrest.

Posted 9 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Coyote Poetry

9 Years Ago

Thank you. I was lucky. Dear Ojibwa Grandmother told me stories and myth. I read more from old books.. read more
Some woman cannot be held down without gifts of wild and deep passion. Old Coyote is at his ending. Sweet woman wanted too much.

A wise, wise tale of amour:)

Posted 9 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Coyote Poetry

9 Years Ago

Sometime people need too much. Better to be free than to be held down by the weight of love. Thank y.. read more
That is a beautiful story, thank you for sharing
~E

Posted 9 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Coyote Poetry

9 Years Ago

Thank you for reading and the comment. I do appreciate.
Erana

9 Years Ago

You are welcome
[send message][befriend] Subscribe
B.J
This is similar to legends here in Australia. I enjoyed the read very much. Great work and great writing

Posted 9 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Coyote Poetry

9 Years Ago

Thank you Barb. Old myth and tales are the best.
B.J

9 Years Ago

They certainly are I experience talks an Australian legends when I traveled this land a few years ag.. read more

First Page first
Previous Page prev
1
Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

660 Views
18 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 2 Libraries
Added on September 14, 2014
Last Updated on September 14, 2014

Author

Coyote Poetry
Coyote Poetry

MI



About
A Poet and writer who love to read and write. My pleasure is reading about the bad and good in a life. Also to honor the Poets/Writers of the past by reading their words. Remember .. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Aware Aware

A Poem by Sami Khalil