Death, suicide and hope and a prayer

Death, suicide and hope and a prayer

A Poem by Coyote Poetry
"

A poem and prayer for Brittany Maynard.

"
                                   Death, suicide and hope and a prayer

Death With Dignity Advocate





 Understand death? I don't know what is right or wrong?
A beautiful young woman name Brittany Maynard in Oregon will take some drugs.
Fall into a peaceful sleep and know a permanent death.

Leaving family and friends to mourn. Is this legal suicide?  Her story brought tears to my eyes.
Is a second of life worth the pain of cancer?

I don't know. There are many kinds of suicides. My two younger brothers went to a private place and
they hung themselves. They thought death was more tempting and sweeter than life. Robin Williams taught us
suicide is near us and we must struggle to keep hope.

Now in many countries. People can decide suicide/euthanasia over fighting illness. It is cheaper than trying to fight sickness. People accept the drugs to save cost. Is this right?  Cheaper for the Medical insurance and the government. Volunteer euthanasia? If the Government support. Something isn't right.

I have outlived my dreams. I don't fear death. I can't volunteer for euthanasia because many count on a old man kindness. I must live to ensure other have a fair chance. Suicide can be slow death also. I have watched many drink themselves to death. A very bad death. My dear Grandmother had some pain. The hospital over drugged her and she fell into a permanent sleep. They overdosed her and killed her. Was this a form of force suicide? Wasn't her decision.

Dear brothers and sisters. I will send my last daughter to college. I'm scare to death my baby girl will be far from the nest. My children, my reasons and blessings, who give me reasons and purpose to be alive. If I lost one child to sickness or accident. A part of me would be lost.

I disagree with volunteer suicide/euthanasia. I believe we need to seek cure and fight till the last breathe. This is a hard topic. When the government passes laws for us to decide suicide over life? I don't know?
I send my prayer and hope to the dear woman Brittany Maynard. I PRAY for a miracle. Maybe if we all PRAY. Maybe we can create miracles. Brittany is a strong woman. She lived in Oregon and I pray she make the correct decisions. I would fight for my last breathe to be able to hold grandchildren and see my family. I know death will come for the all of us. We must fight till we cannot.

                          Coyote/John Castellenas


© 2014 Coyote Poetry


Author's Note

Coyote Poetry
Thank you for reading.

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

I read it and I felt my heart's too heavy to carry. REALLY heavy. My father ended his own life when I was 13. I know he loved us, his children very much. I think he had made a slow death for a long time, struggling with his worst enemy, himself. Still it's difficult to understand, but I have forgiven him. But I've hoping that he would have told us what he was thinking about.

Never give up. Fight, fight!

Thanks for sharing this piece of mind. For now. :)

Posted 9 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Coyote Poetry

9 Years Ago

Brittany took her life. Poor family. I don't know what is right or wrong? Making death too easy will.. read more



Reviews

I read it and I felt my heart's too heavy to carry. REALLY heavy. My father ended his own life when I was 13. I know he loved us, his children very much. I think he had made a slow death for a long time, struggling with his worst enemy, himself. Still it's difficult to understand, but I have forgiven him. But I've hoping that he would have told us what he was thinking about.

Never give up. Fight, fight!

Thanks for sharing this piece of mind. For now. :)

Posted 9 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Coyote Poetry

9 Years Ago

Brittany took her life. Poor family. I don't know what is right or wrong? Making death too easy will.. read more
Oh, this is such a controversal subject. I don't think it's right, to be over drugged like your grandmother was, when it wasn't her choice. That being said, I have seen loved ones suffer (and my opinion has only to do with those who are terminally ill) and human beings know when they are getting worse and I don't believe it's my right to judge them and tell them they must suffer more. Everyone has a breaking point. Not all deaths are agony, but if it is agony for a person, it's their life, their body and if they have all their wits about them, it's their decision. It's heartbreaking no matter what for those left behind, forcing dying people to endure more suffering isn't going to take that heartbreak away, but not letting them choose forces them to suffer more agony. Spending more on cures, etc. is a noble cause, but right now, it is what it is and the people suffering won't appreciate having to endure MORE, because I said so. They have been thinking for themselves all their lives, who am I to take that away from them?

Regarding Brittany, having a choice brings her such peace of mind. The problem she may have is that the nature of her cancer may take away her ability of when to make the decision, which could cause her to make it too soon for fear she will be too late. My heart goes out to her...

Posted 9 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Coyote Poetry

9 Years Ago

Me too. Break my old heart when kids must make these hard decisions.
It's heartbreaking to see people giving up on their lives. Really touching piece John. I know sufferings can make it seem impossible to continue... but, well all I can say stop wasting money on weapons and wars and fight those diseases.

Posted 9 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Coyote Poetry

9 Years Ago

I agree. Here in the USA we spend close to 1.2 trillion on war. 80 billion on education. Bad leaders.. read more

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

273 Views
3 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 1 Library
Added on October 30, 2014
Last Updated on October 30, 2014

Author

Coyote Poetry
Coyote Poetry

MI



About
A Poet and writer who love to read and write. My pleasure is reading about the bad and good in a life. Also to honor the Poets/Writers of the past by reading their words. Remember .. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..