Black boy down

Black boy down

A Poem by Coyote Poetry
"

Time we surpass the color of skin. It is 2014, brothers and sisters.

"
                             Black boy down

Another kid killed in the USA. Media described young black man killed by police. I don't know. I was sadden a young man was killed. I didn't care if he was black or white.

A lot of people pissed off. Burning cities down. Who won? Poor family lost their child. Should of been a time of mourning and than a time of repairing. Repairing mean next election toss out the trash and train the police officers to hand situation with better care.

I was born and raised in Detroit. Good and bad people like all places. I never looked for trouble and trouble never found me. I was a white face in a mainly black school. I was rarely bothers and I didn't know. Some people looked down at the poor.

I was in the Army for almost 15 years. My mentors were Black Non Commission Officers. They looked at me as a man and I looked at them with great respect. Military taught us Soldiers. We are all blood, skin and bone. We have families, like to laugh and want respect.

Black boy down. Laying dead. Who to blame? All through the USA. Leaders are forgetting the kids. Kids need to be busy and active. Need education and opportunity.

Today I pray for the parent of  Michael Brown and  tamir-rice. Just kids. Here in the USA. We should be pissed off. Teach Police Officers how to handle kids. Killing should be the last resolve.

Today I'm holding sadness. Kids were killed. Lights of life gone forever. The child killed today could of been the savior of us from violence and hate tomorrow.

Don't burn the cities down. Vote the poor leaders out and demand police reform. Today I'm praying today for the families who lost their children. We need to stand with them and cry.

Here in the USA. Time to change to the ways of Europe. Some places in Europe, Police officers don't carry guns.
Kids have opportunity.

                             Coyote/John Castellenas




© 2014 Coyote Poetry


Author's Note

Coyote Poetry
Sad days for the USA.

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

Amazing how there was controversy cause he was black, if he were white there would not have been an issue… I watch a video once of a cop shooting a suspect, the first time it looked like he was shooting a man giving up, but in slow motion you could see the man was reaching for a weapon… not all is as it seems sometimes.

Posted 9 Years Ago


3 of 3 people found this review constructive.

Coyote Poetry

9 Years Ago

I was a Soldier. You take cover before killing. Observe and decide. Being a police officer. Wound be.. read more
The Analog Kid

9 Years Ago

Totally agree with Dale here.



Reviews

I agree with you, John. Kids play with toy guns all the time. Kids that age play with bbguns and airsoft guns. Those "toys" don't have any bright orange tip identifying them as toys. Parents should never have to bury their child, because the cops didn't take 1 minute to assess the situation better. My heart bleeds for these parents and families that are losing their children. Police departments around the united states need to go into deep, intensive and extensive training, retraining and advanced training. The training should not stop after the police academy. I support our police officers. They have a very difficult job to do, and it is not made any easier by the current events plaguing our country right now, but this moment in our history can be looked at as an educational opportunity. It's important for everyone to listen, learn, and re-assess what we are doing and if we can do it better. God bless them all.

Posted 9 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Coyote Poetry

9 Years Ago

Education is needed. A scary world for the kids. Police officer must use good judgement and parent m.. read more
Bright Ocean Star

9 Years Ago

Absolutely. There is an epidemic of disrespect in this country for authority figures. I strongly b.. read more
Coyote Poetry

9 Years Ago

I agree. We must get along. Burning down cities. No-one wins.
For all the rage over the two grown men, who physically confronted the police, where is the outrage over that twelve year old boy with a toy gun, shot by police who apparently didn't even step out of their vehicle to shoot a small child?

Posted 9 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.

MomzillaNC

9 Years Ago

See, that's the part that needs to change. My sister is a farmer. Her husband and son don't go into .. read more
Bright Ocean Star

9 Years Ago

You are right. Our kids are playing games role-playing cops and robbers, learning what they will do.. read more
MomzillaNC

9 Years Ago

Absolutely. I wish more parents would get it -- play is learning to be adults. Always has been.
Great way to highlight the truly important parts of these tragedies... Life. Life was taken and no matter the coloror creed, preserving life should always be the priority of our police forces. Tremendous write... Nothing but respect for your pen.

Posted 9 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Coyote Poetry

9 Years Ago

Thank you my friend. I was a Soldier for 15 years. We gave a warning shot first to unknown. Police o.. read more
No one can do this alone...we all need to do it together. It is becoming as common place as the weather and I just don't understand how we have moved back decades in a blink of an eye. We are devolving and it frightens me for anyone who has a son of color. You are right, we are all blood and bone. I saw the story from Cleveland today and wept for a 12 year old boy I never knew.

Posted 9 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

icelandicblue

9 Years Ago

And it all took place in literally 2 seconds.
Bright Ocean Star

9 Years Ago

I saw that video. the kids was just holding the toy gun. He didn't point it at the officers. They .. read more
Coyote Poetry

9 Years Ago

I agree. Hard to believe.
i remember 1964 so well...the beginnings of the civil rights movements....the resistence...then 1968 being on campus and the tension....we started to work through that back then.

now it seems we are back to years before the movement....we still haven't gained enough headway to understand that people are just people...we still see color much too vividly---too distinctly...

Posted 9 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Coyote Poetry

9 Years Ago

You are right. We are going backward. Not only here in the USA. Greece and Spain had fallen into dee.. read more
Bright Ocean Star

9 Years Ago

Sometimes things have to get worse before they can get better. I pray that all this unrest will spa.. read more
This whole story is upsetting. Riots aren't going to change the lack of justice or the losses of life. This country greatly saddensme at how the police are getting away with murdering people no matter the color.ours time to get our country back.

Posted 9 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Coyote Poetry

9 Years Ago

I agree. Need to re-think how the USA is going? It is. We the people. Not the few. Thank you for rea.. read more
Black boy down. Laying dead. Who to blame? All through the USA. Leaders are forgetting the kids. Kids need to be busy and active. Need education and opportunity.

Great write, Coyote. We do indeed need to start caring for all children.

Posted 9 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Coyote Poetry

9 Years Ago

We need to. No jobs, low paying jobs and college loans. Hard life for the future generation. Thank y.. read more
Droc

9 Years Ago

Interesting that this incident ndothers likeit a all gun related. We are talking abouta gun culture .. read more
It's surprusing the way racism still prevails. Thank you for the thought provoking write.

Posted 9 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Coyote Poetry

9 Years Ago

Thank you Zahra. Racism is a never ending battle.
This truly is a sad situation. Whether or not the police officer involved had no other choice but to shoot - we will really never ever know -
I do know, however, riots are not going to find the answer and they sure won't solve the problem.

Julie

Posted 9 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Coyote Poetry

9 Years Ago

Riots are never the answer. Detroit is the prime example. Burning down your own city is really dumb... read more
Why there was no other way than to shoot the boy? Whether the police could have done something differently? Really sad tragedy.

Posted 9 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Coyote Poetry

9 Years Ago

I was a Soldier for 15 years. I was taught how to deal with bad situation. Killing was last result. .. read more

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

1137 Views
28 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 3 Libraries
Added on December 2, 2014
Last Updated on December 2, 2014

Author

Coyote Poetry
Coyote Poetry

MI



About
A Poet and writer who love to read and write. My pleasure is reading about the bad and good in a life. Also to honor the Poets/Writers of the past by reading their words. Remember .. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


If You... If You...

A Poem by s y e


Aware Aware

A Poem by Sami Khalil