Dear Jenny

Dear Jenny

A Poem by Coyote Poetry
"

Just words

"


                             Dear Jenny

Johnnie drifting in and out of the Irish Pubs in downtown Monterey. Looking for his red hair beauty. When the beer and Long Island ice tea kicked-in. Johnnie is dreaming of dear Jenny. He need the remedy of a ravishing red hair lady to make him forget. He left his Jenny in Michigan.  Old Johnie knew as  soon as he hit highway W-94. He could not return. The highway is cold and hold no mercy. 2500 miles later. He stood on the Seaside beach wishing he stayed.

He called Jenny. He told her. "I love you still and I need you with me. Please come to Monterey. I need to feel you near. I'm lonely as hell and you are my only cure. Jenny cried and told Johnnie. "Baby, you have your wars, the sea and I'm here in Michigan with baby Tiffany.  I ain't enough for a man who want everything. I saw in your eyes in my home. You dreamed of new paradise and wild sea. You wanted to taste the nectar of wild life and freedom. Love had no chance my sweetie. You loved the road more than me."

He told her. "I miss your long legs, your  smile and fancy dresses. I dream of your silky skin and sweet lips. I learn you are my only regret. Do you dream of me? I do dream of your my Jenny. You are my only wish to fall into your soft perfume and for us to dance alone in the dark. Falling down together on the soft bed like we had no place to go but each other arms."

Jennie held silence and she whispered to him. "Baby, I'm here. The ambrosia of love will weaken. You are far from me and I know you are drinking and raising hell. Time for you to decide. To love forever or reach for great dreams, travel and new goals. Life isn't fair my baby. You must do what you must. I can't wait for a wandering man. I loved you Johnnie. I loved the man who was happy with quiet life and me. Please drink less and be careful my Johnnie."

Johnnie listen to the silence. He knew love was a thief. Stole a part of you and left you with hidden thoughts and wants. Jenny was a sweet dream. Another dream tossed in the dumpster. He returned to the Irish Pub. A pretty auburn girl joined him. She asked. "Where you been Johnnie? You told me last week. I was your only need and want. Were they just liars words?" He turned to the long legged beauty in a short skirt showing tan perfect legs.  Tank top showing tone stomach and firm breast. He gave her a big Michigan smile and he told her. "I'm sorry honey. I do remember you. You are the alluring muse who took me home  and told me I would be okay last week when I couldn't find my truck after too many drinks." She smiled and brought her arms around him and she whispered. "Dear dark Poet. You are messed-up and need tender loving care. Sometime we must accept the mercy and forget the past. Johnnie, no angels here in Monterey. Just us trying to be okay."

He embraced her and he whispered. "Dear Angela, do you want a man chasing rainbows and he is a drunk. I'm seeking the Hemingway death and can't see the hope in anything anymore. War, life and bad decision led me here." Angela kissed him many times and told him. "We must die many times to know what is worthwhile. Sometime just enough is all we need. Let's go home and drink some coffee. You will write and I will edit for you. Your drunk man poetry is your best my love."

Johnnie and Angela left the Irish Pub. She held his hand like a child needing a gentle touch. At Angela studio apartment he wrote.

"You can't find love, love find you."

"Consequences of the ambrosia of love. Can lead you to paradise or hell with just a kiss."

"People find similar ground. The in and out of love direct people to fall together. Just enough can bond two people together."

"Angela, Let's attempt faith. Allow alluring kisses and embrace to make us forget yesterday and create a better tomorrow."

Angela fell at his feet. Her hazel eyes watched him write. She whispered. "We will be okay my darling. Few win in the name of love. Let's find some laughter and I need your embrace in the loneliness and coldness of the night. Sometime we must grasp love and ride the roller coaster of want and need and hope for a good ending." Johnnie smiled and brought her near and he told her. "Thank you Angela".

                              Coyote/John Castellenas






© 2015 Coyote Poetry


Author's Note

Coyote Poetry
A new prose poem. I hope you like.

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

Love is a thief...n doubt about it. It robs us of our confidence sometimes. It robs us of our identity....but in the end it is all worth it. We learn a lot through every person who enters our lives....for every person we have feelings for. John, your words are always a pleasure to read. Lydi**

Posted 8 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Coyote Poetry

8 Years Ago

Thank you Lydia. I appreciate your kind words.



Reviews

Love is a thief...n doubt about it. It robs us of our confidence sometimes. It robs us of our identity....but in the end it is all worth it. We learn a lot through every person who enters our lives....for every person we have feelings for. John, your words are always a pleasure to read. Lydi**

Posted 8 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Coyote Poetry

8 Years Ago

Thank you Lydia. I appreciate your kind words.
Hopeless romantics make the best examples of un-conditions to love..
like breathlessness can be contained to only one thought at a time..
This is an excellent story of finding one's self through what is gained in loss..

Posted 8 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Coyote Poetry

8 Years Ago

You are right. We must test life and lose many. Thank you for reading and the comment.
writing mojo

8 Years Ago

your welcome Coyote I enjoyed it very much.
[send message][befriend] Subscribe
613
This was written so well. Everything I read from you gradually gets better & better. Other than a few grammatical & punctuational errors, you did a great job!

- Brittney

Posted 9 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Coyote Poetry

9 Years Ago

Thank you Brittney. I appreciate the comment.
613

9 Years Ago

Sure thing!
"He knew love was a thief. Stole a part of you and left you with hidden thoughts and wants."

Wow, this is so deep! Great, poignant, believable work, once again.

Posted 9 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Coyote Poetry

9 Years Ago

Thank you. I appreciate the comment.
An interesting write for sure. A lot of thought went into this.
Nice.

Posted 9 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Coyote Poetry

9 Years Ago

Thank you Melinda. Old places become better with time and separation.
"Few win in the name of love." You captured that moment beautifully John. Awesome story you had my attention from start to finish :)

Posted 9 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Coyote Poetry

9 Years Ago

Thank you Aaron. I appreciate the comment.

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

364 Views
6 Reviews
Rating
Added on April 18, 2015
Last Updated on April 18, 2015

Author

Coyote Poetry
Coyote Poetry

MI



About
A Poet and writer who love to read and write. My pleasure is reading about the bad and good in a life. Also to honor the Poets/Writers of the past by reading their words. Remember .. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


You You

A Poem by Robert