Promises and wishes

Promises and wishes

A Poem by Coyote Poetry
"

Just words

"
                               Promises and wishes

"I loved you since the first day I met you. You became my dream the day you walked into my business and life. Auburn hair and long legs. Sweet smile and voice like sweet candy. "I whispered these words in the Asia desert and on top of the Honduras mountains in the clouds. I descended from war and you were my last prayer and newest prayer.

     Promises made, promise not forgotten. I joined a war to escape your memory.  I spend six months on the border of Iraq and I thought and dreamed of you. You dancing nude to the songs and I was a observer of perfect body and amazing laughter in the safety of my private room. I didn't know you would haunt me forever.

The war ending and I arrived home in the Winter of 1992. I found you again. Old friend had your phone number and I called to see if you remembered me?  I called you at your home and you requested me to come to you. I arrived in Clinton, Michigan to a small apartment. You opened your door and I saw you wearing a t-sheet, tanned, tender and long legs, long auburn hair and kind smile of welcome. You came to me and embraced me. You whispered. Johnnie, I'm glad you are alive and well. I have prayed for you and thought of you often. I heard you went to war. We sat and talked till the morning hours. We fell together on your soft bed and held embrace like old lovers.

I awoke in the late morning and you walked into your bedroom. You walked to me like a perfect woman and goddess. Moving your hips like the perfect waves of the afternoon sea. Wearing black hosiery and short black dress. Your blouse making your robust breast stand out and tempting. You took me back to the nights where I traced your bare skin, kissed and adored your hidden places. You stirred-up unrestrained places where lovers find peace in intimate dance and sweet kiss. Where passion was wild and free.

You asked me. Do I look nice? I told you. You are a natural and timeless beauty. Your charm can render me weak and you could re-capture my heart with a simple request. You are beautiful and perfect. You fell into my embrace and you whispered. I'm happy you are with me Johnnie. Me and sweet Jenny drank coffee together and she told me of her dreams. She was going to school to be a nurse and had a child. she told me. I'm single and I have accepted being alone to gather my thoughts and life.

Your eyes,  hazel green and beautiful looked into my eyes. Asked me to stay with you while I was on leave.  I said yes, with a liar heart. I know the bone-yard of love is filled with foolish men accepting deluded love and I understood. Some woman are filled with raze and love the feast of love.  Some women are cold and destine. They have accepted the broken glass heart and they are lost forever. Just accepting enough to fulfill the need of the body to have something to embrace for a time. They have accepted solitude. I saw this is Jenny eyes and touch.

I stay one month with her. We had great talks, laughs often and our love was wild and free. I loved when she crossed her long legs over my legs on her love seat and we watched the television in silence. I saw happiness in her eyes and the need for me to leave at the same time. The sad place where twisted lover can find and go. I left her  in late December and Jenny had soft tears falling. She knew this was our last dance of life shared. We were two strangers in the night seeking little and wanting everything. We didn't say good bye. These words left people empty and forgotten. We endured the feast of of a weary love, fulfilling seconds, minutes and hours, knowing these would become sacred  places where lovers can dream and dance. I hid my emotion and I thanks her. I told her she was my first and last love. We held kiss and embrace like we were never planned to return to the same place. We both knew. This was our last chance and neither of us were brave enough to beg and demand love.

I drove down highway 94 with tears falling. I knew I allowed a sweet dream to die without a proper fight.

                              John Castellenas/Coyote
















© 2015 Coyote Poetry


Author's Note

Coyote Poetry
New prose poem. I hope you like.

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

oh this one is so sweet! I wish u were strong enough not to let that dream die! well well, life had to go on so one could walk another mile! Keep dreaming and driving down highway 94, not weeping but smilling coz somewhere round the bend there will be another dream awaiting ur eyes!

lol cant do better than this for now! love this poem.

Regards June!


Posted 8 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Coyote Poetry

8 Years Ago

Thank you June. I try three times with this lady. Our timing never made us fall upon the same path.



Reviews

I do like it. A temporary intimacy without commitment is so close to unrequited love that it hurts to read, let alone experience. I under what the circumstances could be, but the couple deserve so much more. I want to hug them both and promise them it will be better. Well done and engaging write.

Posted 8 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Coyote Poetry

8 Years Ago

Thank you Roxie. Love is hard. Need two folks wanting the same things.
Beautiful story. Very well written. You drew me right in and alongside some strong characters with even stronger emotions. Thanks for sharing.

Posted 8 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Coyote Poetry

8 Years Ago

Thank you for reading and the comment. I do appreciate.
Immediately the song by Dan Fogelberg came rushing to my mind while reading this "Same old lang Syne" do you know it?

Letting go is a hard but brave thing to do.

Loved it!

Posted 8 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Coyote Poetry

8 Years Ago

I do and you are right. Hard to release or lose someone. Thank you for reading and the comment.
Sweetly written. Youre an artistic poet evidently your poetry reveals your talent.

Posted 8 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Coyote Poetry

8 Years Ago

Thank you for reading and your kind words. I do appreciate.
oh this one is so sweet! I wish u were strong enough not to let that dream die! well well, life had to go on so one could walk another mile! Keep dreaming and driving down highway 94, not weeping but smilling coz somewhere round the bend there will be another dream awaiting ur eyes!

lol cant do better than this for now! love this poem.

Regards June!


Posted 8 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Coyote Poetry

8 Years Ago

Thank you June. I try three times with this lady. Our timing never made us fall upon the same path.
Your romantic tales are superb. They carry me to the time and place and allow me to be the voyeur. Perhaps only a month of your lives, but you remember....which means she made quite an impact. She helped shape who you are. An enchantingly romantic write. Lydi**

Posted 8 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Coyote Poetry

8 Years Ago

Thank you Lydia. She did.
so much pleasure and joy bound together with pain and loss...well transmitted in you snapshot of life...a good read...

Posted 8 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Coyote Poetry

8 Years Ago

Thank you my friend for reading and the comment. I do appreciate.
This is very emotional. Such a bittersweet story. We meet many people in our lives, some for a little while, some for years. Some we never forget for they touch our hearts, others we easily forget. I was very captivated by your romantic story. I truly like this a lot. You are a very talented writer.

Posted 8 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Coyote Poetry

8 Years Ago

Thank you Coyote Song. I appreciate the comment.
Coyote Song

8 Years Ago

You're very welcome.
Such sadness here yet such truth. A very moving story.
Well written, it really pulls the reader in. One hopes
for a happy ending but that's not how life always works.
Great job!

Posted 8 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Coyote Poetry

8 Years Ago

You are right. Love and life is rarely fair. Thank you for reading and the comment.
Black Cat Fever

8 Years Ago

You're welcome.
wt I feel aftr reading ur wrk, is dt u right frm all ur heart.....
I really appreciate ur wrk...u r definitely 1 talntd man!

Posted 8 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Coyote Poetry

8 Years Ago

Thank you Arjun. I appreciate the comment.

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

427 Views
11 Reviews
Rating
Added on July 22, 2015
Last Updated on July 22, 2015

Author

Coyote Poetry
Coyote Poetry

MI



About
A Poet and writer who love to read and write. My pleasure is reading about the bad and good in a life. Also to honor the Poets/Writers of the past by reading their words. Remember .. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Three Three

A Chapter by Tina Kline


Eleven Eleven

A Chapter by Tina Kline


Fifteen Fifteen

A Chapter by Tina Kline


Eighteen Eighteen

A Chapter by Tina Kline


Twenty-Two Twenty-Two

A Chapter by Tina Kline