Ann Arbor

Ann Arbor

A Poem by Coyote Poetry
"

Just words

"


The drunken poet drank his  Jack Daniel and cold tap beer in the Michigan tavern. A young man sat with and ordered a double of  whiskey and lowered his head down and his soft tears fell.  Old Poet cries with the young man. The poet  saw a memory. He wrote down words on a napkin.


Ann arbor.


I love you for so long. I have loved you since you accepted my invitation for a walk and a  talk.   You became my muse, my angel is a destine life. I remember us holding, loving and whispering words of a forever love deep into the darkness of the night.I left you for wars, fights and struggle that I couldn’t win.  I left you so often and never knew. My Ann Arbor. You were my savior and softness in a wild life. I remembered your last words. Johnnie, life is now, today and not fighting demons who cannot be defeated. I love you, I love you for so long. This girl in Ann Arbor  need you here and now. Please come home before you are dead in heart and soul. Never to be found.

I went back to Ann Arbor and she came and she held me closely. She whispered. “You have been gone for five years.You saved people in the tropic and saw beautiful places. Volunteered for every war and struggle. You painted a life of adventure. But Ann Arbor couldn’t wait for a  wandering Poet, soldier and never content man. I still love what we were. You wanted everything and  I  wasn’t enough.”



Old poet looked at the whiskey glass and the cold beer. Looked at the young man and he handed the napkin to the young man and he whispered. Read these words my new friend. The young man told him. “Me and wife. Ain’t getting  along. We used to love each other. I don’t know what to do.” He read the poem.


The poet told the man. Men are fools. Could drink the sweetest wine and not be thankful.  Could have a angel in his  arms and never tell his love. She is his world. His only reason to be alive. We are foolish. I lost Ann Arbor and now I’m waiting for death. Young man, if you can go home and beg for forgiveness. Do it.  No peace or happy ending for men who want everything and don’t appreciate the sweetness of the woman near.”


The young man saw the sadness and loneliness in the poet eyes. He pushed over the double shot of whiskey. He told the Poet. “You ain’t dead yet. Can you find the places and things lost?”


Old Poet with a tear falling. “Love come, when love wants. A fool waste the sweetness of beautiful ladies and tender embraces. You can’t go back after you lost your way. Men change.  Rarely for the better. Son, go home. Buy some flowers and anything she loved. You will love this opportunity or hold regret forever for being a foolish man.”


The young man shook his hands and he thanks the old Poet. Old Poet watched him walk away. He looked to the whiskey and he whispered. I need you my Ann Arbor. I love you still.
John Castellenas/Coyote


             







© 2015 Coyote Poetry


Author's Note

Coyote Poetry
New poetry. I hope you like.

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

Seems the whiskey and the sorrow has no bottom. I've head many stories and felt the introspection of long lonely nights three quarters down a bottle of crown. There is no resolution here...
Sleep, then live in the sunlight and drink from living springs... Love will find you in the cool refreshment of those singing waters.

Posted 8 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Coyote Poetry

8 Years Ago

I like your words.
"Love will find you in the cool refreshment of those singing waters."
read more



Reviews

Seems the whiskey and the sorrow has no bottom. I've head many stories and felt the introspection of long lonely nights three quarters down a bottle of crown. There is no resolution here...
Sleep, then live in the sunlight and drink from living springs... Love will find you in the cool refreshment of those singing waters.

Posted 8 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Coyote Poetry

8 Years Ago

I like your words.
"Love will find you in the cool refreshment of those singing waters."
read more
It's so hard to say and do the things we should...and our loves are what the are. Beautiful poetry.

Posted 8 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Coyote Poetry

8 Years Ago

Thank you. I agree. Love is luck and chance.
Some memories just will not die or fade away. Valentine

Posted 8 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Coyote Poetry

8 Years Ago

I agree. Thank you my friend for reading and the comment.
Its new, true, and emotion filled. Beautiful write

Posted 8 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Coyote Poetry

8 Years Ago

Thank you. Old places and old places are never forgotten.
annalysiar

8 Years Ago

Too true too true
Very beautiful writing and I loved how you compared the place to a woman, cities, town are often compared to women, I wonder why that is.

Posted 8 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Coyote Poetry

8 Years Ago

You miss the city and the woman. Woman make the places more special in memory. Thank you Corset for .. read more
I love Ann Arbor! I used to live there a very long time ago, which i was 18. Such a beautiful and intriguing city, and you captured its essence perfectly!

Posted 8 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Coyote Poetry

8 Years Ago

Thank you Colene. I appreciate the comment. Ann Arbor is still a beautiful place.

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

222 Views
6 Reviews
Rating
Added on November 25, 2015
Last Updated on November 27, 2015

Author

Coyote Poetry
Coyote Poetry

MI



About
A Poet and writer who love to read and write. My pleasure is reading about the bad and good in a life. Also to honor the Poets/Writers of the past by reading their words. Remember .. more..

Writing