The New York city lights- A New York day---Chapter six

The New York city lights- A New York day---Chapter six

A Chapter by Coyote Poetry
"

Just words

"
                                  The New York city lights--A New York day--chapter six




Dorthy dressed lightly. A long dress and sweater only. New York city was blessed with an Indian Summer.  I watched her rushing through the apartment.    Gathering water and snacks. I went to her and I told her. Slow down honey, we don't need to rush. The day is young and I'm here till Monday night. I need your company. You are my New York dream. My only wish is to be with you.  She smiled and embraced me tightly. She whispered. "We must leave early. Miss the other New Yorker rushing to their work. I want us to have lunch by the river."

We took the bus to Central Park. New York city is a amazing city. The Central Park can blind you from the millions of people working in the city. Dorthy held my hand and she dragged  me to the river. She tossed down a blanket and we sat down. She asked me. "What if my brothers won't see me? I went last month. He wouldn't see me." I saw tear rolling down her face  and I told her. I will talk with him if necessary. I have known soldiers who had struggled. I believe sometime a soldier need another soldier ear. Hard to understand things if you don't understand them. Every man is different. Some of us are made of steel  and some men are easy to break. Their mind and heart like glass, need time to heal. You must keep on trying. Love,concern and kindness is the medicine for a broken man."

Dorthy came to me and I embraced her tightly. We sat on the blanket and we watched the river move for  hours in needed silence.  Many people were at the park. The Indian Summer day brought out the people who were not working.  Dorthy asked me. "Are you hungry?"  I told her. I want the Lombardi's Pizzeria and the promised Irish whiskey and beer at Chumbley's speakeasy. She smiled and she told me. "This shall be our day and tonight I will take you to the Nuyorican Poet cafe and we shall go dancing at the Copacabana. Open mic tonight at the Nuyorican Poet cafe and I want you to read some poetry."

We were served by the same old Italian woman Lily. She caressed my head and she told me. "You want the famous pizza soldier?" I told her. I want the best pizza served in New York and I'm here. She smiled and left. She brought some red wine and bread. Dorthy watched with a big smile holding my hand tightly. She asked. "I hope I'm not a burden for you? You could be traveling the East Coast and you are with me." I reached over and I kissed her and I told her. You are a man's dream. A Irish beauty who had blessed me with her time and kindness. I'm a lucky Michigan boy to have found a Angel. She whispered . "Thank you."

After we ate went to Chumbley's speakeasy. A old Irish man saluted me and thanks me for my service. He told me his name was Dan and offered his hand. I told him my name was Johnnie and the lady with me is a New York beauty name Dorthy. He told Dorthy. Good to meet you miss and soldier. When did you get back? I told him three week ago. He smiled and he told me. First drink is on me. I'm a old Marine and a Korean war vet. What is your killer today? I told him. A double shot of Irish whiskey and a cold Irish beer. He brought us the drinks and he saluted me. I saluted back and he raised a drink of the Irish whiskey to the sky and he said. F**k the damn wars and let's drink the whiskey and dance. Me and Dorthy downed the whiskey and I ordered more. No-one was in the bar at 2 am. Dan put on some country music and he asked to dance with Dorthy. We were ten shots in the wind and she agreed. I watched her laugh and dance. I knew she hadn't laugh in a long time. Dan stopped dancing and he told me. Soldier front and center. Your time to dance with the pretty lady. I rose-up and I went to Dorthy. The song Randy Travis song was playing -Forever and ever, amen. Dorthy laid her head into my chest and I told her. Thank you for the good day my sweet heart. She pulled my face to her face and she kissed me hard and sweet.


                                     John Castellenas/Coyote



© 2015 Coyote Poetry


Author's Note

Coyote Poetry
A new chapter.

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Featured Review

John, I am amazed at the richness, the humanity of your story.. I have not yet read the above chapter, but had to stop and comment... it is truly a good story

If this is more autobiographical, I want to say how sorry I am for the loss of your 2 brothers.. and that I think your treatment of and views about Dorothy are ones more men should learn from, take as example.

I will continue to read, but for now just had to stop by and say thanks..

redzone

Posted 7 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Coyote Poetry

7 Years Ago

Thank you my friend for the comment. Old wise saying. We must learn hell to appreciate heaven. I hav.. read more



Reviews

I love everything about this chapter, especially the song: Forever & ever, Amen. I love all the details you include, it helps me feel like I can practically visualize everything you're seeing and feeling.

Posted 7 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Coyote Poetry

7 Years Ago

Thank you my friend. I liked the song too. One of the good ones.
John, I am amazed at the richness, the humanity of your story.. I have not yet read the above chapter, but had to stop and comment... it is truly a good story

If this is more autobiographical, I want to say how sorry I am for the loss of your 2 brothers.. and that I think your treatment of and views about Dorothy are ones more men should learn from, take as example.

I will continue to read, but for now just had to stop by and say thanks..

redzone

Posted 7 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Coyote Poetry

7 Years Ago

Thank you my friend for the comment. Old wise saying. We must learn hell to appreciate heaven. I hav.. read more
An enjoyable slice of nostalgia from the vaults of a memory, put to paper se well.
I have read the start of this tale, it seemed silly to start at part four, so I will be back to leave reviews on the earlier parts.
In the madness of war, it is nice to see the human touch that never leaves us. The old vet in the bar, the living in the moment and forgetting for too brief a time of the situation that surrounds those within. Whenever my Mum or elder relatives speak of the war, it is the simplest of things they remember most. The smiles among the mayhem, the camaraderie of all being in it together and most of all, the human spirit that fought as much for survival in those left at home, as it did or those on the field of war.
Thank you for this, I enjoyed it immensely.

Posted 8 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Coyote Poetry

8 Years Ago

Thank you for reading and the comment. I had to go back in time to write this one. I learn a lesson .. read more

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

496 Views
3 Reviews
Rating
Added on December 29, 2015
Last Updated on December 29, 2015


Author

Coyote Poetry
Coyote Poetry

MI



About
A Poet and writer who love to read and write. My pleasure is reading about the bad and good in a life. Also to honor the Poets/Writers of the past by reading their words. Remember .. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


INK OUT LOUD INK OUT LOUD

A Poem by hanir


Sunday Mornings Sunday Mornings

A Poem by Gee