If It Be Your Will

If It Be Your Will

A Poem by Coyote Poetry
"

Just words

"

               If It Be Your Will


My dear Winter love. I held you so tightly in the  long cold Winter days and nights.

You confessed love and need to me in the safety of locked doors.

You were my Juliet, my savior and I was your Romeo. I was going to save and protect you.


You were my beautiful muse. Your bare skin against my skin, your lips upon my lips. Kisses so warm and sweet.

Made the long nights become warm and safe. I knew we held the utopia of two dreamers who held love over life.


You told me often. "If it be your will.  I will run nude and reckless for you into your wanting arms. I'm your love and you are my love. I want us to become water and fire. Combining together. Create wild storm than a place of calmness."


I remember painting your tender skin with touch and kiss. Roaming perfect secret valleys and hidden corners where lovers fear not the night. Just the day. I told you.


I want you near, my lover. I need your lips upon my lips and  I need your hands upon my heart  caressing me with sweet words and atonement of perfect embrace and no broken promises. After the day is done. You are my only wish and my only need.


You bring me closer and whispered. "If it be your will. I'm here for you  and I won't leave you sweet Johnnie. Love is enough for us and we must embrace the nights with open heart and fearless song.


                           John Castellenas/Coyote

© 2016 Coyote Poetry


Author's Note

Coyote Poetry
Just words

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

[send message][befriend] Subscribe
.
Life and love. Wisdom in words.

Another beautiful tale of love....all its emotions, longings, caresses, kisses and sighs.
Once again, i am familiar with the expressions of love you have deftly described in this piece. The wanting. The needing. The desire. The promises of neverending love. I know them all, too. They are a very powerful concoction. The true essence of life.
You have weaved another magical love story, once again, Coyote. Endearing writing as always.

Posted 7 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Coyote Poetry

7 Years Ago

Thank you Doodley. I appreciate the comment.



Reviews

The term winter love is a great one. Many think of love to be warm, but you turned it into an oxymoron by combining the words which is very creative.

Posted 8 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Coyote Poetry

8 Years Ago

In the cold days of Winter. We need someone to keep us warm. They say. People combined most in Septe.. read more
Simply beautiful, Johnnie, but not "just words" because they come from your expressive heart. You always paint a picture with your words that I can see in your words and my mind's eye.

Posted 8 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Coyote Poetry

8 Years Ago

Thank you Barbara for reading and the comment. I appreciate the kind words.
There is such a longing beauty and pain in this wonderful wish for loving. Parting such love, how just the thought of it makes me ache.

Posted 8 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Coyote Poetry

8 Years Ago

Thank you my friend for reading and the comment. I do appreciate.
Love is the true redeemer and healer...a balm to soothe many an eternal night, indeed :) Beautiful piece Coyote :)

Posted 8 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Coyote Poetry

8 Years Ago

Thank you dear friend for reading and the comment. I do appreciate.
An extraordinary poem. Breathtaking, so tender and romantic with sweet promises. There is hope in true love. And it doesn't end on a sad note, which makes me like this even more.

Posted 8 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Coyote Poetry

8 Years Ago

Thank you Tina. I appreciate the comment.
Tina Kline

8 Years Ago

You are very very welcome.
i hope i don't cause offense to you with this, but your words are so much more to me than "just words" that you indicate in your author's note. with that stated, though, i also have a belief that so much of what i feel goes far beyond what words can illustrate, and maybe that is what you are indicating in your note about this work. in much classical poetry, seasons are often referenced as indicators of a journey through life-with spring being infancy and youth, and winter being that last season before departure from this physical earth. this reads like classical literature to me, with a modern day translation of the benefits of the spiritual within all that is natural. this piece doeas a wonderful job of emphasizing raw tenderness over waning grandeur. it speaks to me of a love with only a perspective onto past. this leads me to wonder if it is written toward a love that has passed on already from this physical plane that is humanity on earth.
"You were my beautiful muse. Your bare skin against my skin, your lips upon my lips. Kisses so warm and sweet.

Made the long nights become warm and safe. I knew we held the utopia of two dreamers who held love over life."
this is superb writing, with a strong emphasis on that eternal fragility and wonder that stands through every moment of actual love. to thank you for your contribution to this site might be an understatement, for i have watched you evolve into a pillar upon this electronic plane. simply put, you, and your work as a reviewer/poet, is awe inspiring...




Posted 8 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Coyote Poetry

8 Years Ago

Thank you my friend for reading and the kind words. I have enjoyed your writing and I believe some o.. read more
I'm always going to be honest. I'm not a fan of the word winter or any other word being used so closely together, especially when it's the first line. Repetition is fine but this feels repetitive without a purpose. Just my personal opinion coming out from my experience writing and how I've been taught. I think just long cold days would have been fine. We're already under the assumption of cold because of the word winter. The way Romeo and Juliet was used here didn't feel like an incredibly original take on it. A bit cliched. But, hey! I get it. It's romantic, it's heartfelt, I suppose the passion comes before the mastery of the words. Genuine things count, and I think you have a genuine voice. You've got your sensual voice down, and I love that tone. Your second half flowed with the sensual touch and sway of sweet love. The conversational, engaging, softly crooned voice here is excellent. Nigel caught the typos so I won't point this out. Although "Create wild storm than a place of calmness." That reads a bit awkwardly and throws me off. Perhaps "Create [a] wild storm [rather] than a place of calmness." Just something to think about. You also chose a beautiful song. Leonard Cohen is so friggin good. Thanks for the read, Coyote!

Posted 8 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Coyote Poetry

8 Years Ago

Thank you for reading and the honest review. I like the use of the seasons. Each season bring the n.. read more
Your poems truly do touch the heart. Very romantic.
Beautiful read Coyote.

Posted 8 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Coyote Poetry

8 Years Ago

Thank you Ana. I appreciate the comment.
very romantic words, very sweet and enduring things...

Posted 8 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Coyote Poetry

8 Years Ago

Thank you Corset. I appreciate the kind words.
Hi Coyote. As others have said, there is some beautiful imagery in here and it flows very well. I enjoyed it. However, I'm puzzled by a couple of things that may indicate that this love had barriers, not unlike the Montague / Capulet situation. You mention 'confess' and the 'safety of locked doors', and then 'Just the day - I told you'. So are we looking at a secret affair here?

My version of the Cohen song features mainly the Webb Sisters from his 'Live in London' album - delightful.

Nice job!
Nigel

PS tiny typos ... I want you near [,] my lover ... I need you[r] hands ...

Posted 8 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Coyote Poetry

8 Years Ago

Thank you Nigel for reading and the help. I do appreciate.

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

1458 Views
29 Reviews
Rating
Added on March 25, 2016
Last Updated on March 26, 2016

Author

Coyote Poetry
Coyote Poetry

MI



About
A Poet and writer who love to read and write. My pleasure is reading about the bad and good in a life. Also to honor the Poets/Writers of the past by reading their words. Remember .. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Confide Confide

A Poem by A. Amos


Shadow Shadow

A Poem by A. Amos