Somebody's Chelsea

Somebody's Chelsea

A Poem by Coyote Poetry
"

Just words

"


                                    Somebody's Chelsea

Old man sitting alone drinking a cold tapped beer and a young man sat near him. Angry eyes and face stared at the televisions. Young man ordered double shot of whiskey and he stared at the shot glass.

Old man watched the man and he remembered sitting alone in a Honderas Tavern. Trying to drink himself to death in 1995 and a beautiful woman asked him. Please dance with me Johnnie. Drinking is not the way to peace. Just a fast way to know death.

Old man tapped the young man shoulder and he asked him. Are you alright son? Young man with the angry face turned and he saw old man kind face.  He whispered. "I'm okay. Thank you for asking." Old man smiled and reached out his right hand and introduced himself. My name is Johnnie. The young man reached his hand out and he said is name was Paul.

Old man watched the young man down the whiskey and he asked. Can I buy you another round? Good whiskey in small quantities is good for us. Make us know. What is valuable or not? The man looked at the old man and he asked him. "I hurt someone I love with all my heart today. I'm afraid she won't forgive me. She won't love me again."

The old man remembered when pretty lady on the dance floor invited him to meet her family and her kids. He remember laughing children and kind faces. He remembered falling in love. He remember needing her near and the need to have her hand in his hand. She became his life, yesterday and today.

He told the young man. If you can seek forgiveness and call her now and you tell her. She is your life, she is your world and without her. You are nothing.  Pray she can forgive you. True love is rare and a wise man don't let go. The young man asked for a coffee and he dialed the cell-phone. He told his love. "Honey, I'm so sorry. You are my world, my reason for living and I can't live without you. Please forgive me." Sweet woman with soft tears falling told him.  "Come home honey. I forgave you as soon as you left the house. We must stop fighting and love more. I want us to go back in time. Go dancing and take the trips to quiet hotels by the lakes. I'm waiting for you. Please come home soon. "

Young man with soft tears falling told his love. "Put on your dancing shoes and pretty dress. We will go dancing tonight and find Lake Michigan again. I love you honey and I will be home soon."

Old man smiled and watched the young man drink his coffee. The old man got up and told the young man. I must get the pizza and go home. Dear wife and grandchildren are waiting. Remember the old man advice. Hold love tight in the good days and tighter in the bad days. Few angels touch our lives. The young man reached out his hand and told the old man. "Thank you sir. I appreciate the concern."

Old man remembered. Once he had nothing. Today he had everything. Love lessons taught him. Life is what we hold close and the love given and received. He smiled and thanks the spirit of life and death for showing him life over death.
                   John Castellenas/Coyote



 
.

© 2016 Coyote Poetry


Author's Note

Coyote Poetry
just words

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

[send message][befriend] Subscribe
.
A story more so than a poem, yet one filled with the wisdom that comes from experience and a lifetime of living everyday as if it is one's last.

Well written as always, grounded steadfast in reality, with a very touching story and message at its heart.
The young should always listen to those with more years behind them. Wisdom comes with age. And wisdom is free. For those who care to listen.
A very nice tale, Coyote. Great job.

Posted 7 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Coyote Poetry

7 Years Ago

Thank you Doodley. I appreciate the comment. A wise youth listen to the elders. Always lessons to be.. read more



Reviews

Coyote - you seem, in all I've read of yours, to touch the deep realities of life. Love, you show, is so important and in this you have it span generations.

Posted 7 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Coyote Poetry

7 Years Ago

You are right Dave. I was lucky. I was raised-up by a wise Grandfather. He had a open door for the f.. read more
[send message][befriend] Subscribe
.
A story more so than a poem, yet one filled with the wisdom that comes from experience and a lifetime of living everyday as if it is one's last.

Well written as always, grounded steadfast in reality, with a very touching story and message at its heart.
The young should always listen to those with more years behind them. Wisdom comes with age. And wisdom is free. For those who care to listen.
A very nice tale, Coyote. Great job.

Posted 7 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Coyote Poetry

7 Years Ago

Thank you Doodley. I appreciate the comment. A wise youth listen to the elders. Always lessons to be.. read more
lovely...sometimes that is all it takes, a good bit of advice and a phone call...think most of us have been there and you Coyote havee told it brilliantly, as always

Posted 7 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Coyote Poetry

7 Years Ago

I agree my friend. If we listen. We can learn learn wisdom and thank you for reading and the comment.. read more
I somewhere found this story beautiful with a promise of simplicity.

It soothes in an instant, and gives us the strength to hold on to our loved ones when despair is busy cutting the ropes.

The message is altogether very clear- "Broken hearts take time to heal. Till then, we have to keep taking the potion of Love to get going."

Thanks for the write, Sir.

Posted 7 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Coyote Poetry

7 Years Ago

Thank you Akshay for reading and the comment. I do appreciate.
good poem. I really like the lesson about love. The ending is great. I enjoyed reading this. keep up the good writing.

Posted 8 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Coyote Poetry

7 Years Ago

Thank you for reading and the positive comment. I do appreciate.
These are not "just words," John. This is a very beautiful story, told with exquisite simplicity. Such wisdom. There are places where quotes would help the reader know someone is speaking but those are just technical little things. You have reinforced a truth I see daily in my own life, the rewards of loving deeply and being true. I'm grateful for the reminder.

Posted 8 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Coyote Poetry

8 Years Ago

You are right Taylor. Love should be appreciated and cared for. Thank you for reading and the commen.. read more
John, thanks man... I needed hearing Reba with this one and thereafter following my thoughts down your page. Really, I did.

You take care man.

Chris

Posted 8 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Coyote Poetry

8 Years Ago

Thank you Chris for reading and the comment. I do appreciate.
nice story:):):DXDX) thanks for sharing

Posted 8 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Coyote Poetry

8 Years Ago

Thank you Hannah. I appreciate the comment.
An amazing story to touch every heart that reads it. The young man was lucky to find the wisdom of the older one. It saved his life. There are so many who never get this chance. Appreciated so much.

Posted 8 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Coyote Poetry

8 Years Ago

Thank you Divya for reading and the comment. I do appreciate.
DIVYA

8 Years Ago

You are most welcome sir. Please keep sharing your wisdom and light.
very beautiful story... nicely written :) ... if we give enough importance to the person then we should not let our ego come in our way ... if an apology can solve the matter.. then why to waste a precious life regretting not saying it at the rite time isn't it.. thanks for sharing it :)

Posted 8 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Coyote Poetry

8 Years Ago

Thank you Rita for reading and the comment. I agree. Sometimes we must apology and hope forgiveness .. read more

First Page first
Previous Page prev
1
Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

1255 Views
19 Reviews
Rating
Added on April 1, 2016
Last Updated on April 1, 2016

Author

Coyote Poetry
Coyote Poetry

MI



About
A Poet and writer who love to read and write. My pleasure is reading about the bad and good in a life. Also to honor the Poets/Writers of the past by reading their words. Remember .. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..





Advertise Here
Want to advertise here? Get started for as little as $5