Somebody's Chelsea

Somebody's Chelsea

A Poem by Coyote Poetry
"

Just words

"


                                    Somebody's Chelsea

Old man sitting alone drinking a cold tapped beer and a young man sat near him. Angry eyes and face stared at the televisions. Young man ordered double shot of whiskey and he stared at the shot glass.

Old man watched the man and he remembered sitting alone in a Honderas Tavern. Trying to drink himself to death in 1995 and a beautiful woman asked him. Please dance with me Johnnie. Drinking is not the way to peace. Just a fast way to know death.

Old man tapped the young man shoulder and he asked him. Are you alright son? Young man with the angry face turned and he saw old man kind face.  He whispered. "I'm okay. Thank you for asking." Old man smiled and reached out his right hand and introduced himself. My name is Johnnie. The young man reached his hand out and he said is name was Paul.

Old man watched the young man down the whiskey and he asked. Can I buy you another round? Good whiskey in small quantities is good for us. Make us know. What is valuable or not? The man looked at the old man and he asked him. "I hurt someone I love with all my heart today. I'm afraid she won't forgive me. She won't love me again."

The old man remembered when pretty lady on the dance floor invited him to meet her family and her kids. He remember laughing children and kind faces. He remembered falling in love. He remember needing her near and the need to have her hand in his hand. She became his life, yesterday and today.

He told the young man. If you can seek forgiveness and call her now and you tell her. She is your life, she is your world and without her. You are nothing.  Pray she can forgive you. True love is rare and a wise man don't let go. The young man asked for a coffee and he dialed the cell-phone. He told his love. "Honey, I'm so sorry. You are my world, my reason for living and I can't live without you. Please forgive me." Sweet woman with soft tears falling told him.  "Come home honey. I forgave you as soon as you left the house. We must stop fighting and love more. I want us to go back in time. Go dancing and take the trips to quiet hotels by the lakes. I'm waiting for you. Please come home soon. "

Young man with soft tears falling told his love. "Put on your dancing shoes and pretty dress. We will go dancing tonight and find Lake Michigan again. I love you honey and I will be home soon."

Old man smiled and watched the young man drink his coffee. The old man got up and told the young man. I must get the pizza and go home. Dear wife and grandchildren are waiting. Remember the old man advice. Hold love tight in the good days and tighter in the bad days. Few angels touch our lives. The young man reached out his hand and told the old man. "Thank you sir. I appreciate the concern."

Old man remembered. Once he had nothing. Today he had everything. Love lessons taught him. Life is what we hold close and the love given and received. He smiled and thanks the spirit of life and death for showing him life over death.
                   John Castellenas/Coyote



 
.

© 2016 Coyote Poetry


Author's Note

Coyote Poetry
just words

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

[send message][befriend] Subscribe
.
A story more so than a poem, yet one filled with the wisdom that comes from experience and a lifetime of living everyday as if it is one's last.

Well written as always, grounded steadfast in reality, with a very touching story and message at its heart.
The young should always listen to those with more years behind them. Wisdom comes with age. And wisdom is free. For those who care to listen.
A very nice tale, Coyote. Great job.

Posted 7 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Coyote Poetry

7 Years Ago

Thank you Doodley. I appreciate the comment. A wise youth listen to the elders. Always lessons to be.. read more



Reviews

Reading you is like reading a newly formed Book of Rules, John.. There are so often 'ways to be' in your writing, how to learn from past somehow and any way that makes things better in the present.

This is such a wonderful write.. yet another that is! You've told the tale of a sad and muddled time, made it come home to the welcome mat where experience hides in the shadows,, waiting to be shared.
And shared it was by dear Johnnie, wanting a young man's life to be better, warmer and more.

This is a lump in the throat and tears in the eyes post... lesson learned.

(PS,,, that song got to me... sighhh)

Posted 7 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Coyote Poetry

7 Years Ago

A amazing song. I agree. We need to treat the people we care for with love and concern. Thank you my.. read more
This comment has been deleted by the poster.
emmajoy

7 Years Ago

Ye, I agree, one can only try and hope, then repeat the process over and over, ad infinitum. You alw.. read more
Ah, my friend, this caused a lump in my throat, for the young man listening and taking the advice and for the older man's wisdom and sharing. Great work!

Posted 7 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Coyote Poetry

7 Years Ago

Thank you Barbara. Long life teaches us many lessons.
Beautiful story with deep meaning for everyone. I love the way your story harkens back to a younger time (for the older guy) & this memory informs how he responds to the younger guy. It's all very tightly crafted to convey a gentle & enduring message of love. Too many people are too stubborn or prideful to offer a total apology & express love openly. You show instead of tell us about that important step in relationships. Great job!

Posted 7 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Coyote Poetry

7 Years Ago

Thank you my friend for reading and the comment. I do appreciate.
dear John, Love is an oath you
share every day. It helps you find the page ...
a bookmark to keep your place.
A special love story. truly, Pat

Posted 7 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Coyote Poetry

7 Years Ago

Thank you Pat for reading and the comment. I do appreciate.
Life is what we hold close and the love given and received. He smiled and thanks the spirit of life and death for showing him life over death.

Words of wisdom and love:)

Posted 7 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Coyote Poetry

7 Years Ago

Thank you Pryde for reading and the comment. I do appreciate.
Great read! I loved the line " Hold love tight in the good days and tighter in the bad days." Great life lessons here as well...BRAVO

Posted 7 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Coyote Poetry

7 Years Ago

Thank you Ellen. I appreciate the comment.
So pleasant for me to read this. Alas, I do not have as much time these days to read fellow writers, but you are someone I love to read and drink in your words. This is so sweet a story, I mean, "sweet" can be sometimes an annoying word to use, but I think you know what I mean. 'Love Is All You Need" as Lennon once said. Thank you for these words of love and truthfulness, it was a pleasure to read. I hope you are doing well, friend.

Rosalind
-x-

Posted 7 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Coyote Poetry

7 Years Ago

Thank you Rosalind. I appreciate the comment.
Such a touching story, your writing is all so genuine and real. Life and love are such precious gifts.

Posted 7 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Coyote Poetry

7 Years Ago

Life and love are precious gifts. Thank you Ana for reading and the comment.
Wow, this is so splendid, Coyote. Touching love story. The lesson: if you truly love someone, you should not give up on her/him and do everything to protect and keep the relationship strong.
Thank you for sharing this wonderful story. Great!

Posted 7 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Coyote Poetry

7 Years Ago

You are right my friend and you are welcome.

2
next Next Page
last Last Page
Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

1255 Views
19 Reviews
Rating
Added on April 1, 2016
Last Updated on April 1, 2016

Author

Coyote Poetry
Coyote Poetry

MI



About
A Poet and writer who love to read and write. My pleasure is reading about the bad and good in a life. Also to honor the Poets/Writers of the past by reading their words. Remember .. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Aware Aware

A Poem by Sami Khalil