Three short poems.

Three short poems.

A Poem by Coyote Poetry
"

Attempt at less epic poetry.

"
                                Remember you, remember me.
The lights are low and the night is young.
Your perfect blue eyes welcomed my attention.
I kissed your tender ivory skin and I tasted the salt upon soft neck and shoulder.
You smiled a smile of modesty as you wrapped your arms around me in the ambrosia of love.

-----

                                  Longing

I recited poetry of love for you to strangers.
I told them how you wore  colored skirts upon warm sand and allowed the veil of the sea
to submerge me, to fall into your turbulence of your beautiful face.
I recited words of visions of a delicate woman who loved the sea.
I told the strangers of a beautiful muse who danced with the waves and she sang to the sun.

---------

                             Rapture

Pretty Katy whispered to me. We must die a thousand deaths before knowing the value of a new day.
She undressed for me, singing song of peace and love removing her clothing slowly.
Her concealed skin recedes to perfect valleys and rolling hills,
making me discard the past and I wanted us to become hopeless lovers wanting the perfect endings.

                    John Castellenas/Coyote

 

© 2016 Coyote Poetry


Author's Note

Coyote Poetry
Just words

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

I say this all the time because it's true: I love grand thoughts wrapped in tiny poetry. I think short poems, when done well, are my favorite flavor of poetry because it forces/allows the author to boil down their thoughts and words to discover what exactly they need to share. The longing and the reverence ring true in all three of these. Well done!

Posted 7 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Coyote Poetry

7 Years Ago

Thank you Gaia. I usually write epic poetry. I try to write short poetry.
Gaia Octavia

7 Years Ago

Did you enjoy it? I think it's more impressive that you went out of your comfort zoneand were able t.. read more
Coyote Poetry

7 Years Ago

It is hard. I'm a prose-type poem person, but I know. Need short poetry to attract some reader.



Reviews

Three really beautiful and intimate writes, coyote:) Wonderful:)

Posted 7 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Coyote Poetry

7 Years Ago

Thank you Pryde. I appreciate the kind words.
Very beautiful vignettes. I would only make one minor change -- in the second poem, change worn to wore.

Posted 7 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.

Coyote Poetry

7 Years Ago

Thank you my friend for reading and the help. I do appreciate.
Excellent writing John and I liked the format. As I was reading a tune from Boz scaggs Harbour lights resonated in my mind.

Posted 7 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Coyote Poetry

7 Years Ago

Thank you Andrew. I appreciate the comment.
maybe, but "just words" that even give an old guy like me hope...there can be love again--that that part of a heart can beat again, even when we feel the sands have shifted too far away from that happening.

Posted 7 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Coyote Poetry

7 Years Ago

Us old guys can know love. We should know how after so many year of learning. Thank you Jacob for re.. read more
Loved all the three poems for the romance, the passion and love.

Posted 7 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Coyote Poetry

7 Years Ago

Thank you Divya. I appreciate the comment.
DIVYA

7 Years Ago

You are most welcome...
These are not "just words". They are "powerful words full of emotions". Imagery that runs throughout these three short pieces of yours is adequate to enchant the reader- believe me, I am one of those many readers who have got enchanted with these pieces of yours. Great lines. Keep writing.

Posted 7 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Coyote Poetry

7 Years Ago

Thank you Vatsal. I appreciate the comment.
[send message][befriend] Subscribe
d
just words... burning everything up in their path(s). burning passion, that is.
succinct, and poems are always so great in 3s. each nourishes the other 2. great!

Posted 7 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Coyote Poetry

7 Years Ago

Thank you for reading and the comment. I do appreciate.
Beautiful words Coyote.
Tender, loving and romantic.


Posted 7 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Coyote Poetry

7 Years Ago

Thank you Ana. I appreciate the comment.

3
next Next Page
last Last Page
Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

1108 Views
28 Reviews
Rating
Added on May 7, 2016
Last Updated on May 15, 2016

Author

Coyote Poetry
Coyote Poetry

MI



About
A Poet and writer who love to read and write. My pleasure is reading about the bad and good in a life. Also to honor the Poets/Writers of the past by reading their words. Remember .. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Shadow Shadow

A Poem by A. Amos