A thousand years

A thousand years

A Poem by Coyote Poetry
"

Just words

"
                       

               A thousand years

You came to me in my sweet dreams again.
You were dancing in your white Summer dress by the lake.
I watched your beautiful face smiling and singing to the afternoon sun.
I stood-up and I joined you in the dance of laughter and joy.

I whispered to your wanting ears. I would risk everything for you.
I live and die in your embrace.
You are my Summer sweet wine and perfect place.

You told me. My Gypsy man, can't hold the wind and cannot make love stay.
Love must find you and love will hold you warmly in her embrace.
Dear Johnnie. You are love and I need your hand in my hands.
I will love you for a thousand years my Johnnie.

Days became nights and we held on so tightly. I believed you knew. Love is never fair.
We were young and filled with dreams to accomplish. Love is not enough to stop the
twisted path of life.

Wars came and life created mountains of barriers. One day with promises that we couldn't keep.
I left you for faraway wars and distance places.

Today I awoke and I called your name and I wondered do you remember me?
You told me often. I will love you Johnnie for a thousand years.
Today I whispered to the Summer sun.
I have not forgotten the dancing beauty who kiss stole my will and taught me.
Love is life. Life is love.

I love and need you my sweet lady. Your sweet memory of interlacing fingers and us
becoming one in the dance of love. I know will be my last wish.

                     John Castellenas/Coyote










© 2016 Coyote Poetry


Author's Note

Coyote Poetry
just words

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

Beautiful and heartfelt imagery has adorned your poetry which is already a beautiful tale of love and separation. I found a few errors in your piece, it would make your poem even better if you rectify them-
"Wars came and life create mountains....." -created, and not create
"I lefts you" - left, and not lefts
"I wondered do you remember me" - either I wondered, "Do you remember me?" (make use of direct speech) or I wondered if you remember me.
Talking of your poem, otherwise, it is a very clever and heart-touching description of the sweet-bitter tale of love. Quite nice. Keep writing.

Posted 7 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.

Coyote Poetry

7 Years Ago

Thank you for help and reading. I do appreciate both.



Reviews

this is a very beautiful poem and a heart felt poem. i played the song while reading the poem and it almost made me cry. this is a very heart felt poem and you can actually fell the love that is with in this poem and


I love and need you my sweet lady. Your sweet memory of interlacing fingers and us
becoming one in the dance of love. I know will be my last wish

that is my favorite and for me is the best part of the poem. thank you for sharing this very wonderful and a very heart felt poem

Posted 7 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Coyote Poetry

7 Years Ago

Thank you for reading and the comment. I do appreciate.
Such a tender and bittersweet write. The music and photograph are lovely accompaniments, though your words could easily stand alone. I love this.

Posted 7 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Coyote Poetry

7 Years Ago

Thank you Sharon. I appreciate the comment.
Wow. That is beautiful. The line you wrote "Love is never fair" separated the poem from this sweet all to perfect love to this bittersweet memory of what love was. It was very nicely wrote. Nice use of imagery. I enjoyed the read very much.

Posted 7 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Coyote Poetry

7 Years Ago

Thank you Sammie for reading and the comment. I do appreciate.
So tender, and beautiful, the sincerity with which you speak of your love.

Posted 7 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Coyote Poetry

7 Years Ago

We need love. Love become different. I'm a Grandfather now. Children and Grand children re-define lo.. read more
Sorry, my fellow warrior poet I thought I had reviewed this already. If I did, then forgive me, I will do another. I do remember reading it and reading it again was a great pleasure. It is for sure more than "just words." You truly showed "the dance of love" in so many ways in this poem.

Well done.

Posted 7 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Coyote Poetry

7 Years Ago

Thank you for reading and the comment my friend. I appreciate the comment.
I love the way you put the song to the poem... btw, long time no see coyote :D

Posted 7 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Coyote Poetry

7 Years Ago

Hello Sariah. Thank you for reading and the comment.
SariahM

7 Years Ago

No problem...
A blissful feeling deserves a lasting love... in a corruptible body with an incorruptible love and desires forever.

Posted 7 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Coyote Poetry

7 Years Ago

Thank you John for reading and the comment. I do appreciate.
I could understand how it feels when the only thing which separates two, is distance.. And also time matters, changes almost every relationship. It has been happening with me though.. My best life, my reason for happiness is far away... But don't regard it as your past, remember, you can get back that past in your future once again if you put effort to be in touch. If not in touch, your truest love will bring your desire back to you... Just have faith in you and do good to others, i feel the same for me too... I just shared my beliefs with you, hope you feel encouraged and supported... Excellent poem..

Posted 7 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Coyote Poetry

7 Years Ago

Thank you Anindita. I appreciate the comment.
Cute picture!
Life has absurd ways to first lead us in a long journey and then make us wish if we could trade back the memorable time spent. But it's all about rejoicing the past, embracing the present and embarking the journey further, isn't it?
Beautiful poem!

PS: Sir, in the second last stanza, in the line "I have not forgotten the dancing beauty who kiss stole my will and taught me." I think maybe you meant 'whose' instead of 'who'..?

Posted 7 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Coyote Poetry

7 Years Ago

Thank you Jyoti for reading and the help. I do appreciate.
Jyoti_Ablaze

7 Years Ago

No problem. You are welcome.
Just words? Yet you add a precious photo.. she remembers you..as you remember her.. your heart calls out in this piece..so tender, Coyote.. nicely done ( :

Posted 7 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Coyote Poetry

7 Years Ago

Thank you my friend. Photos allowed to remember. We were young and wild once.
Renée

7 Years Ago

many lives lived, in one life time ( ;

First Page first
Previous Page prev
1
Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

1784 Views
36 Reviews
Rating
Added on May 15, 2016
Last Updated on May 17, 2016

Author

Coyote Poetry
Coyote Poetry

MI



About
A Poet and writer who love to read and write. My pleasure is reading about the bad and good in a life. Also to honor the Poets/Writers of the past by reading their words. Remember .. more..

Writing