Break me

Break me

A Poem by Coyote Poetry
"

A re-write

"
   Break me and make me feel alive
027_27

The warm days of spring came to Germany in 1978.
The city of Boeblingen was alive and well preparing for the Spring celebration.
Live music and a thousand kids drinking and dancing for the cause of the May festival
would make the Gods of life and death content.

I was waiting for the night to come, to be able  drink Jack Daniels and joke with my German comrades. I was 19 years old and free . I didn’t want or need too much. Good friends, some whiskey and some good German beer was all I wanted . A young woman came toward our group. A blue eyes beauty with purpose and reason. She looked me in the eyes and she told me. Let go Johnnie. You won’t escape me tonight and you promise me everything once. I want it now.

I surveyed the long legs, soft blue eyes  and flowing blond hair. My friends told me to go with her. I knew woman seldom lose and there was consequences for every action. She was barefoot and her toes nails painted bright red. Her white summer dress allowed me to see a perfect body in the falling dust sun. Wise men know. Somethings are too beautiful to be held and if you drink of the kiss and fall into the embrace of a dream. Disappointment shall appear.

026_26

We went to a quiet place. She wrapped her legs over my legs and took my hands to her knees. She asked me. Do you remember last week. You won the drinking contest at the tavern and I took you home. You held me so tightly. The beer left you sleepy and talking. You told me I was beautiful and you loved me, than you fell asleep. I caressed her feet and calves and I told her. Drunk man words can be true, but also can be lies. I know love can be a blessing, something worth possessing. Love can flourish and die in the same sentence also. You are too beautiful for me. I have dreamed of you often. Sometime touching sweet dreams can be dangerous.

She gave me a sly smile and she kissed me. She whispered in my ear. Break me and make me feel alive. I want a wild man like you. You are no saint, nor devil. I want you to get lost in me and I want to get lost in your green eyes.  She took my whiskey and took a deep drink. Her eyes were like a clear blue river and I was lost in them.

045_45
I stood up and told her. Tonight we dance and drink at the May festival. If you still want Johnnie at the midnight hour. Maybe we can fall into the mercy of love chance.

Whims and follies are many. Wise men know the ending before the deed is done.

Coyote/John Castellenas

© 2016 Coyote Poetry


Author's Note

Coyote Poetry
Just words and memories.

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

Wow. Love this. The Pics and this re write rounds up a more clearer View of where you were coming from in the days of when your writes originated.. Up till now I didn't connect the happenings and time frame of your youth. It was a bit ahead of mine, so I never caught that before and I see how important it is to really grasping you as a writer


Posted 7 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Coyote Poetry

7 Years Ago

Thank you my friend. Old days and old memories. We cannot forget.



Reviews

Will make readers feel younger and the setup, blooming of youth and the final melt was good.

Liked the way it progressed.

Posted 7 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Coyote Poetry

7 Years Ago

Thank you. Old memories and places become more sweeter with time and distance.
Wow. Love this. The Pics and this re write rounds up a more clearer View of where you were coming from in the days of when your writes originated.. Up till now I didn't connect the happenings and time frame of your youth. It was a bit ahead of mine, so I never caught that before and I see how important it is to really grasping you as a writer


Posted 7 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Coyote Poetry

7 Years Ago

Thank you my friend. Old days and old memories. We cannot forget.
This is beautiful! Thanks for sharing this story.

Posted 7 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Coyote Poetry

7 Years Ago

Thank you for reading and the comment. I do appreciate.
"I know love can be a blessing, something worth possessing. Love can flourish and die in the same sentence also. Sometime touching sweet dreams can be dangerous." - This entire paragraph stuck out the most to me and are amazingly wise words. Love is indeed a gamble, but it's one worth taking.

Mesmerizing visuals that convey a tender memory. Thanks for sharing, this is a wonderful story.

Posted 7 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Coyote Poetry

7 Years Ago

Thank you Jack. I appreciate the comment.
i wonder if she was your first love...
we all remember of or first love and hope to get it maybe at the second chance.

thanks for sharing, nice read!

Posted 7 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Coyote Poetry

7 Years Ago

I believe the first real taste of love for me. You are right. Our first love will never be forgotten.. read more
This is very beautifully written. A memory of love. Enjoyed reading it.

Posted 7 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Coyote Poetry

7 Years Ago

Thank you Manasa. I appreciate the comment.
ManasaC

7 Years Ago

You are welcome
This is such a special and lovely memory!! These pictures are beautiful as well - are they of yourself and this woman whom you write of? I have always been enchanted by your imagery but now having these pictures to go with it is just awesome.

Posted 7 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Coyote Poetry

7 Years Ago

The photos were of me and my German girl Daniela in 1978-1980. A kind memory now. Thank you my frien.. read more

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

367 Views
7 Reviews
Rating
Added on December 1, 2016
Last Updated on December 1, 2016

Author

Coyote Poetry
Coyote Poetry

MI



About
A Poet and writer who love to read and write. My pleasure is reading about the bad and good in a life. Also to honor the Poets/Writers of the past by reading their words. Remember .. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Dream on Dream on

A Poem by Jack...