We will accept less and forget who we were.

We will accept less and forget who we were.

A Poem by Coyote Poetry
"

Just word

"



                       We will accept less and forget who we were

Mother Winter is here. I have driven 2500 miles to come home to Detroit. I came home for many reasons. I needed the kindness of my family near and I needed to find you dear Jenny.

I have turn less violence and less hateful. War taught me my anger wasn't  my strength. Anger was my downfall. Years ago I ran from Michigan. I volunteers for war and dangerous missions and places. I was lucky. President Clinton send me on United Nation missions. I learn love and kindness is the weapon to stop hate and war. I assisted with medical, food and water missions in Africa and Asia. Simple actions like create shelters, feeding the hungry and helping the medics do what they could. The eyes of people living with so little and barely surviving. Taught me. My life wasn't so hard.

I wanted to come home to Clinton, Michigan. I wanted to tell Jenny. I was okay and I never stopped loving her. I arrived outside her house. Sweet Jenny house had simple Christmas lights and I saw a large Christmas tree in her window. I sat outside and she came out with her daughter. Jenny and Tiffany danced and played in the snow. I saw a young man come out. They embraced and kissed. I turned on my truck. I backed out with the lights out and I escaped into the night. Jenny saw me and her eyes connected with my eyes and she looked down. She raised her head up and she smiled.

I left and I returned to Ann Arbor. I went to the Irish Pub and I ordered some Jack Daniels and a cold tap beer.  I sat with needed silence and I wrote down some words in my journal.
----
             We will accept less and forget who we were
Once love was holy my dear Jenny. You came to me in the midnight hours in late Winter of 1988 and we opened the door to love. . Create want and desire and I knew. Love was delicious pain. I knew love denial was love alive. We pronounced love in silence prayers.

You were a perfect and wild beauty. I was a man lost in work and forgotten dreams. The mercy of love blessed us and we longed and learned what lovers keep safe and secure in their secret place. Our time was short and our time was a lifetime. Tonight I raise my glass to a perfect memory. Once eloquence lady blessed me with kiss and embrace.

Life, war and regret had taught me. We will accept less and forget who we were. Tonight I learn to accept less.
__

I sat for three hours at the Irish Pub. Drinking and writing.  I felt eyes upon me. I turned and I saw Jenny near. She ran to me and she embraced me and kissed my lips. She asked me. "Why did you run away again? Why do you never face me? " I held her embrace tightly and I told her.

Irony of life is fair dear Jenny. You have found safe place and love. I create enough chaos for you already. I came back for personal need and wish. Wishing wells dreams are my wealth. You have what you need and I'm a rolling stone with no final resting place. I wanted and needed a final goodbye dear Jenny. We departed without words of hope or separation. I needed ending and final words.

Jenny face become wet with soft tears and she whispered. "You will a wildflower dying in a locked room and I was a dreamer of great dreams. You broke free and saw the world. I settle for less. I do think of you. I know you are traveling the world and writing great words and song. Some of us are destine to accept less and people like you Johnnie. Need long highways, new cities and strong whiskey. I love you Johnnie and I knew. You loved the road more than me.'

I kissed her a hundred times and I told her. I did a liar prayer often for you and I'm glad you have found safety and love. Tonight I wanted to tell you. I'm okay and I never have forgot your beautiful face. I came home to Detroit to tell you goodbye and thank you. I volunteered for South American and I needed to see your face one more time.

Jenny looked very sad and she told him. "I'm sorry Johnnie. Sweet dream are made to be broken. Love is fragile and painful. I had found a kind man and I have never forgotten us. You made me feel invincible and taught me the elixir of love was so damn sweet."

We departed the Irish Pub. Her last words never forgotten." Please Johnnie. Let's stay friends. Sometimes we must accept less or more. Please seek life over death."

I got back on highway 94 west and I felt tears falling. I whispered to the moon and the stars. Goodbye dear Jenny. Last kiss, last wish must die with mercy. I told the night moon.  We can never win and sometime we believe we can win.

                            John Castellenas/Coyote



© 2016 Coyote Poetry


Author's Note

Coyote Poetry
Just words.

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

This is very powerful & it describes many situations in my own life. It's hard to see someone you love when they have chosen a different life without you, but it was also my own choice to stay free. You include many details about your travels & your thoughts & feelings. Being this honest is what makes your writing so powerful. Your writing also shows your caring spirit.

Posted 7 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Coyote Poetry

7 Years Ago

Thank you my dear friend. I appreciate the comment. We decide our journey and ending. God had other .. read more



Reviews

dear John... sometimes we live a long life before we know how sacred love can be. We pen our heart's desire and a poet and story teller is born. We can be like the rain drops on flowers and preserve the beauty of love. truly, Pat

Posted 7 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Coyote Poetry

7 Years Ago

You are right Patricia. Love is missed when gone. Thank you for reading and the kind words.
Patricia Wedel

7 Years Ago

You are welcome John. May your
Christmas Season bring blessings of love and goodwill. truly.. read more
This is absolutely beautiful!

Posted 7 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Coyote Poetry

7 Years Ago

Thank you. I appreciate the comment.
This is very powerful & it describes many situations in my own life. It's hard to see someone you love when they have chosen a different life without you, but it was also my own choice to stay free. You include many details about your travels & your thoughts & feelings. Being this honest is what makes your writing so powerful. Your writing also shows your caring spirit.

Posted 7 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Coyote Poetry

7 Years Ago

Thank you my dear friend. I appreciate the comment. We decide our journey and ending. God had other .. read more
Our time was short our time was a lifetime .... superb....love this line! If we just appreciate and be in the moment ....it will stay withus forever.... Your depth and sensitivity in your writing, always keeps me coming back to read more.....

Posted 7 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Coyote Poetry

7 Years Ago

Thank you Hebe. I appreciate the kind words.
There are times in life we have to realize this is all there is and all there will ever be. Your words are always expressed honesty and simply....so easy to identify with, John. The sentimentality in this one hit me. Lydi**

Posted 7 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Coyote Poetry

7 Years Ago

Thank you Lydia and you are right. We can't always get what we want.
your words touch my heart as they always do. sometimes we call it settling but often it's just that we cannot take more than there is to give

Posted 7 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Coyote Poetry

7 Years Ago

You are right my friend. Something cannot be.
Sad but deeply sentimental write. I was born in Detroit, raised in Dearborn Heights a mile away from 94, a house my dad built is still there. John for a while you took me home again. Valentine

Posted 7 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Coyote Poetry

7 Years Ago

I was listening to old song. Brought back good memory. Old pain become writer's wealth of words in t.. read more

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

468 Views
7 Reviews
Rating
Added on December 9, 2016
Last Updated on December 9, 2016

Author

Coyote Poetry
Coyote Poetry

MI



About
A Poet and writer who love to read and write. My pleasure is reading about the bad and good in a life. Also to honor the Poets/Writers of the past by reading their words. Remember .. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Some Days Some Days

A Poem by redzone