Please my love, stay all night with me

Please my love, stay all night with me

A Poem by Coyote Poetry
"

Just words

"




  Please stay all night with me

She was my first storm I danced with. I loved how her long strawberry red hair moved when she danced by the Lake Superior lake. It was late September and the cold and warm days crashed making the lake, dance a dangerous waltz.

I watched her do the circle dance near the moving water. She stopped and reached into the Lake Superior cold water. She filled her hand with the cold water and she tossed the water on her pretty face.

We came to burn sage. Life had became too hard and she wanted me to pray with her.  I told her many years ago. Sometime the Lake Superior and the sage. Make us innocence and hopeful again if we pray to the midnight lake gods.

The cold water awoke her quiet mind and she came to me. She wrapped her arms around me and she whispered. I'm tire Johnnie. Heart bury and gone, dream forgotten and lost. I feel so damn old. Please burn the sage and make me laugh again.

We burned the sage walking near the Lake Superior. The moon and the stars were our witnesses and I whispered.
--Water, earth and the sky. Listen to our wish. Please make us understand and forget the pain of life. Make us young and brave again. Make our heart and mind. Wild and hopeful again. Allow my beautiful Liz, my beautiful Elizabeth to
sing, dance and laugh again. Thank you for Lake Superior, thank you for the night and the bright stars. Thank you for allowing us to be able to find each other again.--

She smiled and she embraced me tightly. She asked me to dance with her by the lake. We did a slow waltz and the slow waltz turn to wild movements of toss and catch. Elizabeth begin to laugh and she asked me as we fell into the cold sand. Please my love, stay with me. I know I'm not as pretty as when you first saw me in the Spring of 1985. I remember how desperate and nervous you were. You made me feel so beautiful.

I kissed her forehead, her face-cheeks and her lips. I whispered to her. You are my wild rose, so damn beautiful and so damn dangerous to touch. My wild rose. You are more beautiful, more tempting and more wonderful today than in years past. I would be honored to stay with you tonight, tomorrow and forever.

She smiled and soft tears fell and she whispered. Thank you Johnnie. I need safe and sound. Concern and kindness. Love and forgiveness. I'm filled with sin and regret. I feel no-one can love me.

I brought her closer and I told her. Sin and gin. Hate and lies. True words and not true words leave us feeling empty and dirty. Dear Elizabeth. Tonight by the blessed Lake Superior and surrounded by God country of upper Michigan. The sage and the water will allow us to find a better place. All things happen for a reason. You and I are here being caressed by the moon and the stars. I love you yesterday,  today and I will love you tomorrow.
 
Elizabeth kissed me once, she kissed me twice and she promised. I won't leave you this time Johnnie. You are my honey wine and soft kisses.

        John Castellenas/Coyote







© 2017 Coyote Poetry


Author's Note

Coyote Poetry
Just words.

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

You write with amazing warmth and sincerity.. drawing the reader further and further into a very personal and beautiful situation. Your unique stle, way of phrasing is truly interesting and true.. never alter it.. or your love for love within a world that can be so very sad and yet, is full of beauty if one just stand till for more than a blink

Romance and a true heart still lives in your memories, John. Thank goodness.

Posted 6 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Coyote Poetry

6 Years Ago

Thank you dear friend. The gift of love. Most honored gift.



Reviews

I simply adore the softness and the tenderness of your words ... Wonderfully written ...

Posted 6 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Coyote Poetry

6 Years Ago

Thank you Tiana. I appreciate the comment.
Your words touched my heart and brought me to tears. Such timeless love so well-expressed. Passionate and tender. Love transcends all. Lyrical and so, so beautuful....

Posted 6 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Coyote Poetry

6 Years Ago

Thank you Annette. I appreciate the many comment. I will read your work tomorrow. I'm off to work.
It was late September and the cold and warm days crashed making the lake, dance a dangerous waltz

This is a great line...I love the imagery it creates. The entire piece is very poignant...filled with emotion. You paint so well with words, Coyote. I loved reading this piece.

Posted 6 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Coyote Poetry

6 Years Ago

Thank you dear friend. I do appreciate the comment. Lake Superior is very powerful and dangerous alw.. read more
Love re-found on the banks of Gichigami. Truly a gift for, of, and from the spirit. Well done, John.

Posted 6 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Coyote Poetry

6 Years Ago

Thank you Ted for reading and the comment. I do appreciate.
Excellent words John. You have a way of telling a stroy with just the right amount of wisdom and romance.

Posted 6 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Coyote Poetry

6 Years Ago

Thank you Ken. I do appreciate your comment.
A very deep piece. Overall a very heart felt piece. Nice job

Posted 6 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Coyote Poetry

6 Years Ago

Thank you Sean. I appreciate the comment.
Such a romantic story told, filled with warmth and the need for love. Thank you John, for sharing this write.

Posted 6 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Coyote Poetry

6 Years Ago

Thank you Melinda. I appreciate the comment. All of us need kindness and concern.
[send message][befriend] Subscribe
Gee
You do love, melancholy way better than any other on this site Coyote

Posted 6 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Coyote Poetry

6 Years Ago

Thank you Gee. I appreciate the comment.
Gee

6 Years Ago

My pleasure
Hi John, you certainly know how to surface, deep feelings of loss, regret, hope in a dreamy, gentle way that makes you feel your part of it. Wonderful !

Posted 6 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Coyote Poetry

6 Years Ago

Thank you my dear friend for the kind words. I appreciate the comment.
There's a belonging in this poem, maybe a need too.
Two people at the right time of life, right circumstances. Grabbing life as only fire and water will allow. Great intensity in your words. You can feel it through the poem.

Posted 6 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Coyote Poetry

6 Years Ago

Thank you Paul. I do appreciate your comment.

First Page first
Previous Page prev
1
Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

685 Views
18 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 1 Library
Added on April 22, 2017
Last Updated on April 22, 2017

Author

Coyote Poetry
Coyote Poetry

MI



About
A Poet and writer who love to read and write. My pleasure is reading about the bad and good in a life. Also to honor the Poets/Writers of the past by reading their words. Remember .. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Carl Carl

A Story by Lyn Anderson


Cicada 8:33 Cicada 8:33

A Poem by Ethan