Dear Liz

Dear Liz

A Poem by Coyote Poetry
"

New words

"


                                       


                    
                                     Dear Liz


Forget me not my beautiful lady.  You are too kind to a old soldier. Please dear Liz. I know somethings are too beautiful to know and to hold. If you came near. I would want forever. Forever is just wish and fairy tale dear Liz.

I have known the dark places. My heart, mind and hands are dirty with sin and I cannot be saved. Pretty Lizzie asked. What do you need dear Johnnie? He smiled and he whispered. Just a song pretty lady.

She smiled and she laughed. She sang for the drunken soldier.
--
In the valley where the wind is free.
The spirit song of free people is sang.
Broken men can come and their deeds be forgiven and they heart and mind can be healed.
Love is life and life is love.
Broken heart and blinded eyes.
Please come to the valley where the river flow freely.
Wash your face in the clean water and dance barefoot on the soft glass.
War must be forgotten and all of us are dirty with sin.
Please dear love. Let's us sing and dance till we can fall in love.

--
The old soldiers smiled and he asked. Where is this place? Where is the cleansing river dear Liz? Dear Liz. I will break your heart and leave you with sorrow and regret only.

Liz come to the soldiers and she whispered. It is too late Johnnie. My heart been broken many times.  Life, war and regret is a part of the all of us. If we drink from a empty bottles of hope. We will die alone and barren. Everyone bleeds, everyone cries and everyone need embrace in the cold of the Winter nights. We need to drink from overflowing bottle of sweet wine and allow the past to lay dead and be bury. Even a glimpse of love is enough for us who had learn sin, gin and the whiskey. Few angels in the dark taverns my love.

The soldier pushed away the whiskey bottle and she came to him. She sat on his lap and he put his face into her soft breasts and he whispered. We play the lover and we can play the fool. Please say you love me to my face and please tell me you need me. Maybe we can find a merciful place?

Lizzie smiled and caressed the hair of the wandering soldier and she whispered.  If it be your will Johnnie. I will say these words. I need and love you. Please say nothing and allow our broken hearts to heal.

Johnnie and Lizzie danced in the closed tavern.  A thousand angels prayed for them. The Angels prayed.
--
Heal the soldier heart.
Heal the soldier regret.
Please allow the anger and memory of war to be accepted .
Please  allow the gift of love to heal the pain of life.
Please send hope and laughter to the men taught war before knowing the sweetness of love.
--
                        John Castellenas/Coyote                         








© 2017 Coyote Poetry


Author's Note

Coyote Poetry
Just words

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

Cannot keep thinking life is doomed need to forget move on and allow what’s meant to be to be- thinking that love is a fairytale will make it Remain one- choices and if you wish to live a lost life of sin and regret it’s a choice we make- cannot let past grievances and darkness ruin today and now- that’s all we have but believing lies will never allow you to see the truth🌹

Posted 6 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Coyote Poetry

6 Years Ago

You are right. We teach our children war before love. Our young people should be dancing, singing an.. read more
‘Thoughts In Time’🌹

6 Years Ago

Cannot think it will all be bad it will be what it must - my pleasure🌹



Reviews

what a romantic writing. the words simply touched one's heart.

Posted 6 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Coyote Poetry

6 Years Ago

Thank you my friend. I appreciate the kind words.
sette

6 Years Ago

you are welcome friend
Cannot keep thinking life is doomed need to forget move on and allow what’s meant to be to be- thinking that love is a fairytale will make it Remain one- choices and if you wish to live a lost life of sin and regret it’s a choice we make- cannot let past grievances and darkness ruin today and now- that’s all we have but believing lies will never allow you to see the truth🌹

Posted 6 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Coyote Poetry

6 Years Ago

You are right. We teach our children war before love. Our young people should be dancing, singing an.. read more
‘Thoughts In Time’🌹

6 Years Ago

Cannot think it will all be bad it will be what it must - my pleasure🌹
If only it were true - that love would be the balm to not only cure all aches and sorrows, but to end all wars.

I like your story telling. To see the shared pain of Liz and the soldier and the hope they each see in the other.

Posted 6 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Coyote Poetry

6 Years Ago

Thank you Dave for reading and the comment. All of us need some kindness.
Can love heal the pain war causes? I am not sure, but it sure can make it sting a little less. Yes, we all bleed and we all hurt. The bottle of hope, though, must never be empty. Your poetry is always so romantic. You are a great story teller, John. Lydi**

Posted 6 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Coyote Poetry

6 Years Ago

Kosinski is one one of my favorite writers. He wrote Painted Bird. His real life journey through Pol.. read more
[send message][befriend] Subscribe
Gee
Wars only over when dead, broken hearts never mended only patched. The Good times are brief remembered consigned to memories whereas the bad are always at hand, recalled readily.
I enjoy your writing Coyote

Posted 6 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Coyote Poetry

6 Years Ago

Thank you dear friend for reading and the comment. I do appreciate.
Ah Coyote John you take the theme of mixed up love and debauchery and wind it into a tight emotional vision with still that touch of honesty and romance.

Posted 6 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Coyote Poetry

6 Years Ago

I love the actress who played Grace. A perfect muse for a poem and a memory. Thank you John for read.. read more
John Alexander McFadyen

6 Years Ago

I loved the series, it was awesome.
Coyote Poetry

6 Years Ago

Me too. Great topic and real history. A amazing show.

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

353 Views
6 Reviews
Rating
Added on May 15, 2017
Last Updated on May 15, 2017

Author

Coyote Poetry
Coyote Poetry

MI



About
A Poet and writer who love to read and write. My pleasure is reading about the bad and good in a life. Also to honor the Poets/Writers of the past by reading their words. Remember .. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


There There

A Poem by emmajoygreen