I won't cry.

I won't cry.

A Poem by Coyote Poetry
"

New poetry.

"
              




                                      I won't cry

My father told me. Men don't cry.  We accept life like good soldiers and stand tall in the hard days. I saw my father cry for three lost boys to drugs and hard times. I saw my father holding his sick baby girl who die at eighteen months. My father did cry.

I was like my father. Stone-cold and hard. I lived life without fear and caring for my final ending. In 1988 and in 1989. Hard man learn  life wasn't him. He wasn't so important.  Suicide of two brothers made cold heart turn soft. Too late to had listen, too late to had pay attention. Too late to had showed kindness, concern and love.

My father told me. God forgive foolish men and he teaches us. We are a part of life. What we leave behind is the true wealth of a life. Men are foolish . We think are the kings of the forest and one day. We understand. Love, friends and family are the gold of a good life.

I was pissed-off and I found wars to fight. Not brave enough for suicide. I sought war and turmoil to find my final end.  I remember my Father took me to the airport. I was to be deployed for Iraq. I walked away from him at the airport in Virginia. I turned around and I saw my father's tears fall for me.

In the mist of war. I re-learn laughter and I learn. Life was sweeter than death. My father told me once. Men don't cry. We accept life like good soldiers. He also taught me. When we love. Love will teach us how to cry. If you have a family one day son. You will know many tears.




I told my grandchild. Men don't cry and I regret the words spoke.

                          John Castellenas/Coyote

                          

© 2017 Coyote Poetry


Author's Note

Coyote Poetry
Just words

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

You speak of so much tragedy and loss dear Coyote- it breaks my heart. Fathers like yours and mine didn't cry, couldn't find their words and often became frustrated enough to use their fists with their children. War, streets and whiskey made them "Stone-cold and hard". Life broke them down until they finally did cry. Your own story is amazing and I deeply thank you for your service in Iraq. You loved, you cried, you learned. God always bless you and your beautiful family. Magnificent poem! Thank you so much for this.

Posted 6 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Coyote Poetry

6 Years Ago

Thank you Annette. Life will teach us what we need.



Reviews

Wow, this is beautifully written!

Posted 6 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Coyote Poetry

6 Years Ago

Thank you Anjali. I appreciate the comment.
Although i do not support American troops because i am an iraqi sympathiser this poem has moved me its because of your expressive writing skills. Truly moving

Posted 6 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Coyote Poetry

6 Years Ago

I hate war. I like the quote a great man once said. I won't support a anti-war demonstration. I woul.. read more
Decidious wind

6 Years Ago

Of course. I just wish one day there will be peace between all nations. But i am not naive and i kno.. read more
Coyote Poetry

6 Years Ago

I would appreciate this.
Poignant, human, real.....write on..

Posted 6 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Coyote Poetry

6 Years Ago

Thank you Tbear. I appreciate the comment.
I love the way you have written this. With the 'real life' way of writing, you bring us right in there with you. I could feel your emotion, see your situation, and of course even the hardest of men can cry, when a family member is lost or damaged. I just wish more men would show their tears!

Posted 6 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Coyote Poetry

6 Years Ago

Tears, mean we are still alive. Thank you dear friend for reading and the comment.
Great Aunt Astri

6 Years Ago

And sometimes they are the tears of a clown!
but men do cry...just often in private...i don't think it shows weakness...i think it shows the strength to be human...men cry...and real men wear pink...

the humanness of us is shown in almost every poem you write---you hit the nail on the head.

j.

Posted 6 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Coyote Poetry

6 Years Ago

Thank you Jacob. You are right and I appreciate the comment.
wow! excellent, Coyote. this was very thought-provoking.

i've met men just like your father and i have to say that they're not perfect and they're not always easy to be around but the one thing that is undeniable is that they always tried their best and they always gave life 110 percent. they're tough because they want to protect everyone they love, and for that i'll always remember them as great men.

thank you for sharing this, Coyote.

Posted 6 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Coyote Poetry

6 Years Ago

I agree. Hard to be always strong. Tears need to be released. Thank you for reading and the comment.
A write filled with details of the dichotomy between the image of the tough man and the real man. Only psychopaths don't cry. Interesting and thought provoking Coyote John.

Posted 6 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Coyote Poetry

6 Years Ago

You are right John and thank you for reading.
I love that you addressed this, which is a huge topic in my mind -- such a ridiculous expectation, that men should not show emotion. You've told this far-reaching multi-layered story in such a short verse by using a few well-chosen true-life examples & explaining by baring your heart. I'm noticing that you are opening up to a deeper & deeper level in your writing lately. I love it. It helps give me the courage to write some of the things I've been thru along the way & what it's taught me. It takes great courage for us, as writers, to stand before everyone with so much transparency as you've injected into this piece with a heartfelt power coming thru your gentle words.

Posted 6 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Coyote Poetry

6 Years Ago

You are right dear friend. I believe old age make us less afraid of the past. Thank you for reading .. read more
Again you made me think deeply for something, but can't find what is it.

Men don't cry. Yes, a man should not cry, fight against what you think is hard.

Keep up the great work.



Posted 6 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Coyote Poetry

6 Years Ago

Thank you Meshalini. I appreciate the comment.

2
next Next Page
last Last Page
Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

783 Views
19 Reviews
Rating
Added on May 18, 2017
Last Updated on May 19, 2017

Author

Coyote Poetry
Coyote Poetry

MI



About
A Poet and writer who love to read and write. My pleasure is reading about the bad and good in a life. Also to honor the Poets/Writers of the past by reading their words. Remember .. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


I can... I can...

A Poem by Zephyr