Leather and lace

Leather and lace

A Poem by Coyote Poetry
"

A re-write

"

Leather and lace

A Poem by Coyote Poetry

Good song allowed us to create good poetry.



Leather and lace



I have played the monster, the demon and the abuser. I was left with the gin and the long Island ice teas, too much sin and no place to go. I have found the emotion that resembled love and I left broken glass  people with actions done without knowing. We will pay for every bad action or good.



I sat alone in the Purgatory Inn in the dark taverns of Texas and waiting for no-one. Just living for the Tom Collins and Long Island ice teas. I  liked Texas. People leave you alone to die in your own misery. Pretty bartender  watched me carefully.   Studying  my face and kept the Long Island fresh and strong. She asked me. Why was I alone just writing words and drinking? I looked up and saw her pretty face and perfect sea blue eyes looking into my soul. I told her. Just doing my time in Purgatory Inn.  I left too much behind and I reached a dead-end.


She laughed at me and she told me. No angels here sweetie. Just us people trying to make sense of life and death. You are too pretty to be alone and I’m off in an hour. We will find a dance hall and I will make you laugh. I told her. I’m poor company and I would like to go dancing  with her and  laugh tonight.


She was a Texas beauty.  Confident, flowing brown hair and she told you the truth. It was a hot Texas summer night. She worn short cotton dress and tank top that covered little.  I drove to the nearby dance hall in Belton, Texas. I paid the cover and before we could find a seat. She took me to the dance floor. Willie Nelson song “Angel flying too close to the ground” was playing and we fell into a Texas two-step.  She told me. I know you Johnnie. We have danced before and I liked you. You didn’t try to attack me and you treated me with respect.

t.

I told her. I remember you and I also remember me. I wasn’t ready yet. I left burning fires behind and I need time to gather my thoughts. She smiled and told me. Tonight you are not alone Soldier. Amie need some laughter too and I will take you home tonight. We will drink coffee in the morning and see where we landed.


Her apartment small and cozy. Small kitchen and living room. Her bedroom in view neat and tidy. She made coffee and brought the coffee to me. She kissed me once and she whispered I will be back in a second. I turned on the radio and Willie Nelson song “Seven Spanish Angels” was playing. Willie song “Sunday morning’ comin down” was playing when beautiful Amie came out in lace of red covering soft hips and perfect breasts.  She danced alone for a second. I watched her and I remember her now. She took me home a few months back when I was too drunk to drive back to base. She gave me a couch, breakfast and coffee in the early morning. I remember the mercy she had given me.


She fell at my feet and  I asked her. What do you want to do with an old drunk? I’m broken and can’t be repaired. You are so beautiful. You tempt every part of me wearing the lace of red on your perfect skin. If I touch you. I will want to return and never leave. She embraced me. Kissed my head like a small child and she whispered. Leather and lace is a woman like. Woman want a man to respect her and need her.  I see in your eyes. A sedative man needing to be reborn. I have lost in love my darling. Today we rise from the dead. Create new hunger and learn to be alive. I will show you leather and lace. You will show me passion that will leave be trembling and wishing for more.

I brought her near. Kissed her lips and I told her. Okay and thank you dear Amie.
Coyote/John Castellenas

 


© 2017 Coyote Poetry


 

© 2017 Coyote Poetry


Author's Note

Coyote Poetry
Just words.

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

Love Stevie Nicks and the allusion to her song in this poem. Image is beautifully matched to the story and the story is wonderful. " I sat alone in the Purgatory Inn in the dark taverns of Texas and waiting for no-one" - Hemingway would be proud of that line! The rest of the story is just as brilliant- a kaleidoscope of imagery, emotions, and raw truth. Classic and Masterful. Kudos my friend!

Posted 6 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Coyote Poetry

6 Years Ago

Thank you Annette. I appreciate the kind words.



Reviews

PERSONAL CONNECTIONS

Romanticism is often confused with an illusion that love is perfect. I can relate to the woman in this story. Amie and I have an alcoholic lover that we love beyond reason. The speaker is lucky to have a nurturing woman by his side; there is respect here. The speaker almost appears to be going through recovery; the delicate beginning of one. There is a desire to be "reborn." Unfortunately, this usually takes a traumatic event to "rise" above. The narrative poem is subtle that seems to be going in the right direction.

CONCLUSION

Overall, relationships are complicated. Logical spectators will tell characters such as Amie to break up with the drunk. I would agree with this advice if extreme domestic abuse was present. However, I do not get the vibe that the speaker was abusive. In contrast, he is self destructive.

Thank you kindly for sharing! I feel there is more to this story that has seeped into your other works.

Posted 6 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Coyote Poetry

6 Years Ago

You are right dear Ria. Once I was seeking death and I as saved. Many reasons to seek death and mor.. read more
Such soft seduction, filled with longings of the heart by both. How fortunate to have found such a delightful creature. I really like the way you describe your people and the places you put them in.
Take care - Dave

Posted 6 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Coyote Poetry

6 Years Ago

Thank you Dave for reading and the comment. I do appreciate.
Love Stevie Nicks and the allusion to her song in this poem. Image is beautifully matched to the story and the story is wonderful. " I sat alone in the Purgatory Inn in the dark taverns of Texas and waiting for no-one" - Hemingway would be proud of that line! The rest of the story is just as brilliant- a kaleidoscope of imagery, emotions, and raw truth. Classic and Masterful. Kudos my friend!

Posted 6 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Coyote Poetry

6 Years Ago

Thank you Annette. I appreciate the kind words.
You are a true romantic my friend! Your words are filled with wisdom, yet they drip seduction as you explain your memories of this time of leather and lace!!
Another soul rocking write from you; I don't know of one that I've read that I did not yearn to embrace like a soft linen handkerchief!!
And the image is "perfection"!

Posted 6 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Coyote Poetry

6 Years Ago

Thank you Sheila. I need a year in Austin. I could write a thousand poems and a dozen books.
Sheila Kline

6 Years Ago

Oh, please do John!! Your memories are a gift for us!!
Reads like a sketch. A well done one that hints at the true form of the subject.

Every lonely drunks dream come true. A story of human need.

Posted 6 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Coyote Poetry

6 Years Ago

You are right and thank you for reading and the comment.
Your 'just words' as always contain the perfect mix (like a cocktail!) of sadness and the glimmer of happiness that honesty and loneliness taste of Coyote.

Posted 6 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Coyote Poetry

6 Years Ago

Thank you John. I appreciate the comment.

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

302 Views
6 Reviews
Rating
Added on June 4, 2017
Last Updated on June 4, 2017

Author

Coyote Poetry
Coyote Poetry

MI



About
A Poet and writer who love to read and write. My pleasure is reading about the bad and good in a life. Also to honor the Poets/Writers of the past by reading their words. Remember .. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..