The tarot cards

The tarot cards

A Poem by Coyote Poetry
"

A re-write

"

The tarot cards

A Story by Coyote Poetry

"

We can learn things in the strangest places on this planet.

"

                      The tarot cards
















I went to an old dark carnival on a hidden road outside of Sarajevo. I have been having a dream about a Gypsy woman. The dreams had brought me to the carnival tonight.I didn’t believe in heaven or hell. Old Army had contorted my mind and I lapse into a barbarian state. I was isolated and alone with being surrounded by a company of Soldiers.



I aspire a passage to peace and calm in the mist of hate and war. It was an Indian Summer. A warm evening I wandered into the dark carnival. Beautiful young women with dark eyes and flowing black hair seduced me with their smiles. The shapely young woman did not tempt me yet.



I was trying to find a remnant of my soul. The creed of the Army was eating away at my spirit. Kill or be killed.

I hear musical wind chimes calling me to follow the sound. I ended up at a beautiful decorated tent. Welcome was written in many languages. A beautiful Gypsy woman appears at the entrance of the tent. She bowed to me. Showing me a full and beautiful cleavage. She waved me into the tent.

She told me welcome in perfect English. She told me to sit down and rest. She asked would I desire some tea? She smiled and whispered. “We have a lot of time my stranger friend. Few have the desire to visit us tonight.”

I agreed to the tea. She brought the tea to me. She told me. “This is a spiritual tea for friends only. It is pleasing to the mind and the soul. My homemade blend. Allowed us to talk without fear. Allowed me to probe your mind without the walls of a masquerade.”



I told her I wanted one answer only. She slowly turns and moved her legs slowly. Allowed me to see her tan and strong legs. With a gentle smile she stood up  and she went behind me. Leaning her body into mine. I felt the heat of her warm body. She whispered into my ear. ” You came here for many reasons. Death is near you today. You are dark with hate. My price to save your life will be not cheap.”


She sat down and spread the cards on the marble table. She told me. “These card are very old. Rarely do they lie. The cards are the passages to things to be. Nothing is written in stone. We are creatures led by greed and the thrill of testing life. Destiny and the unknown can turn paradise into hell. Hell into paradise.”


The first card was the Joker. She smiled and she told me. “The Joker looks at life without fear. He can laugh and smile in the heat of the battle.”


The second card was the Traveler. She told me. ” The traveler loved the road more than love and family. Nothing will hold him down.”


The third card was the Goddess of birth. She told me. “Life will come out of you. Great things will come to you if you allow the heart to be re-born.”


The fourth card was the Jackal. Her face showed sadness. She whispered “The Jackal  can mean many things. A man must control his anger and not allow hate to base his life on.”


The fifth card showed the God of light. The Gypsy woman smiles and she told me. “Few have the gift of greatness. Some of us are born to live and die. Do nothing but suck the energy out of this beautiful planet. Your dreams are hidden today. I can feel the hope and desire to escape this place you are in today.”


She took my hand and she whispered. “Your aura is black and you need to meditate and forgive the sins of the past. A person filled with hate and pain is just waiting for death. He is forgotten and lost.”


She brought my hand to her breast. She told me. “My heart beats. Your heart is beating too. Don’t allow the bigots and liars to kill your dreams and goals. Many parasites will desire to take you down to their level. We are brethren and sister. I feel the gypsy soul in you. Few of us can see the world with open eyes. I see the Gypsy in your eyes and heart. Please stay free.”


I took her hand.  I kissed it gently. I thanked her for her time and lay a $100 on the marble table.

She stood up. Puts her arms around me. Kissed my lips and then my cheeks. Whispered into my ear. “Be like the wind. Don’t allow the world to control you. You must control the world around you.”


I left the carnival. I reached into my pocket. The Gypsy woman slips a necklace with a white crystal.  I put the the necklace on.  I felt better already.

Coyote



© 2017 Coyote Poetry


Author's Note

Coyote Poetry
Just words

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

dear John... My father's family is from Hungary. Gypsy lore is in my blood. Their music soothes my soul when life seems dark and dreary.... but it is just the shadow of an angel's wing watching over you. Your story touches my heart that a gypsy woman would give you solace and comfort and courage to forgive and look for the light. truly, Pat


Posted 6 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Coyote Poetry

6 Years Ago

In my lifetime. The Gypsies were always kind to me. I liked the Gypsy's heart. Loving love, life an.. read more
Patricia Wedel

6 Years Ago

You are most welcome... Pat



Reviews

"The one who has dared to love has also truly, deeply lived."

This story has almost a mystical, dark atmosphere but there's also a flash of hope in there.

Great work, John. "Let your heart be free."



Posted 6 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Coyote Poetry

6 Years Ago

Thank you Sarah. I agree and I appreciate the comment.
A very beautiful read, truly! The imagery is vivid and mystifying!!

Posted 6 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Coyote Poetry

6 Years Ago

Thank you my friend. I appreciate the comment,
John - more and more I find your words so beautifully put together. I chuckle at your phrase "Just words." Words such as these tell a wonderful tale and I very much appreciate it.
Take care - Dave

Posted 6 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Coyote Poetry

6 Years Ago

Thank you Dave. I appreciate the comment.
dear John... My father's family is from Hungary. Gypsy lore is in my blood. Their music soothes my soul when life seems dark and dreary.... but it is just the shadow of an angel's wing watching over you. Your story touches my heart that a gypsy woman would give you solace and comfort and courage to forgive and look for the light. truly, Pat


Posted 6 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Coyote Poetry

6 Years Ago

In my lifetime. The Gypsies were always kind to me. I liked the Gypsy's heart. Loving love, life an.. read more
Patricia Wedel

6 Years Ago

You are most welcome... Pat
What a class..!
Amazing man

Posted 6 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Coyote Poetry

6 Years Ago

Thank you Apoorva. I appreciate the comment.
You do indeed see the world with open eyes John. She was so right that gypsy of yours. A remarkable tale. But why expect anything less from such a master of experience?

Posted 6 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Coyote Poetry

6 Years Ago

Thank you Ken. I do appreciate the comment.
Mystical and mesmerizing my friend. "Old Army had contorted my mind"..." Old dark carnival on a hidden road outside of Sarajevo"-the stage is eloquently set and the reader is captured. The things you must have seen and gone through, I can't imagine. " I was trying to find a remnant of my soul"-such pathos. The Gypsy Woman was kind and wise in her Tarot reading- "Be like the wind. Don't allow the world to control you. You must control the world around you." The words resonate. Brilliant.




Posted 6 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Coyote Poetry

6 Years Ago

Thank you Annette for reading and the comment. I do appreciate.

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

307 Views
7 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 1 Library
Added on June 16, 2017
Last Updated on June 16, 2017

Author

Coyote Poetry
Coyote Poetry

MI



About
A Poet and writer who love to read and write. My pleasure is reading about the bad and good in a life. Also to honor the Poets/Writers of the past by reading their words. Remember .. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..