The Mercy

The Mercy

A Poem by Coyote Poetry
"

Just words.

"
                      


                                        The mercy

She was like a blessed mermaid from the Pacific. She came to me on a Fall night when the moon was full. She asked me at the midnight hour. Have you danced with the devil often? Have you prayed to the Fall moon? I know you had danced with the Devil often. Your voice is sour with disappointment and your eyes dark with regret. Your pen was quiet tonight and I saw you leave the coffee house. I followed you to the Monterey bay.

I looked at her. A California beauty. Long brown hair falling to her deep back and green eyes that could steal your heart and mind if she wanted. I told her. Dear green eyes, some people accept their ending willingly. Gun, booze and the deadly sea. Could not kill me. War wouldn't kill me either, love almost did. You are a dangerous beauty. A mermaid can be siren or a muse? Which are you?

She rose -up and she ran to the sea. She kicked off her shoes and she danced with the waves. I did a silence prayer. I prayed to the midnight moon. Did I cry? Did I die? Did I pray for one more second of life? Send me a angel or siren. I will accept the final destination without fight or fear. Please give the mercy of kindness.

She returned and she sat close to me. I caressed her cold feet with my warm hands. I told her. Fall Pacific ocean very cold, need body suit and braveness. She smiled and she whispered. Hush your mind, hush your thoughts. Dear poet, you were a lover once. You were a liar often and the truth saying now. All of us will taste joy, all of us will known sadness. We will celebrate new  life and mourn the death of people we had loved. You cannot be the dark poet no-more. You must become like the wild roses. Rise-up and dance with the wind. Too many dead men already. Life is just a teacher. A teacher to show us. Always a new day a-coming. New opportunities to laugh, sing and drink to life and chance.

I stood-up and I brought her to me. I lay my head into her hair and neck. Her hands took my face and she kissed my cheeks and my lips. She whispered. No-one will die tonight. Tonight is for rebirth and laughter.

The moon and the stars were smiling. They watched two people dancing on the free beach. The sea sang the sweet song of nature and the old Poet. He whispered to  the kind mermaid. Thank you my green eyes muse.


                            John Castellenas/Coyote


© 2017 Coyote Poetry


Author's Note

Coyote Poetry
Just words.

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

Your writing is inspiring... Not only are you describing a scene of dancing freely but the way you wrote it, the words danced from line to line. Beautiful! And I love that you take your experience (that could be different from someone else's experience of love), yet you find grounds where anyone reading could relate to the internal feeling you express. Wonderful, wonderful job.

Posted 6 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Coyote Poetry

6 Years Ago

Thank you Faith. I appreciate the kind words.



Reviews

"You must become like the wild roses. Rise-up and dance with the wind." Coyote, your poems are like beautiful love songs. Your imagery is so vivid and your words so passionate and tender. You dancing with your green-eyed mermaid is so real in my mind. Stunning poem!

Posted 6 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Coyote Poetry

6 Years Ago

Thank you dear Annette. I appreciate the comment.
Really nice poem, I like the Sea and those mermaids, magical.

Posted 6 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Coyote Poetry

6 Years Ago

Sea and a mermaid. Always a good place to be. Thank you Sarah for reading and the comment. I do appr.. read more
This piece of work is truly magical...almost like transporting me to a different and beautiful world. The imagery and your vocabulary is to point. Loved it!:)

Posted 6 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Coyote Poetry

6 Years Ago

Thank you Inaya. I do appreciate the comment.
quite like this one, Coyote...
great atmosphere, and love those fall moons, and that season of Halloween...the spirits dance and sing...and even the darkness has a romance about it.

j.

Posted 6 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Coyote Poetry

6 Years Ago

Thank you Jacob. The sea, the moon and good company. A blessed-day in a life.
Your writing is inspiring... Not only are you describing a scene of dancing freely but the way you wrote it, the words danced from line to line. Beautiful! And I love that you take your experience (that could be different from someone else's experience of love), yet you find grounds where anyone reading could relate to the internal feeling you express. Wonderful, wonderful job.

Posted 6 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Coyote Poetry

6 Years Ago

Thank you Faith. I appreciate the kind words.
"You must become like the wild roses. Rise-up and dance with the wind."
read like a song. Well done!

Posted 6 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Coyote Poetry

6 Years Ago

Thank you Petar. I appreciate the comment.
A very uplifting tale Coyote in which you mingle your brand of mixed emotions and mixed fortunes as those who have known troubled lives share moments together without strings.

Posted 6 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Coyote Poetry

6 Years Ago

Thank you John for reading and the comment. I do appreciate.

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

215 Views
7 Reviews
Rating
Added on July 27, 2017
Last Updated on July 27, 2017

Author

Coyote Poetry
Coyote Poetry

MI



About
A Poet and writer who love to read and write. My pleasure is reading about the bad and good in a life. Also to honor the Poets/Writers of the past by reading their words. Remember .. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..