Some words and some song.

Some words and some song.

A Poem by Coyote Poetry
"

Just words

"
         I have seem the battle for equality. I was a sixties child. War were ending and racism was dying. I pray I don't see the death  of equality and freedom. So many would of die for no reason. This is very sad.



Our children are standing tall for equality. Our children are fighting for all men and women. Fighting for me and you.  My generation had allowed the world to fall into chaos and the world  to forget the word peace. My father told me. Allow no-one to look down at you. Today I pray. We learn. Every life had value. Rate a life by their deeds and actions. Not religion or the color of their skin. Hate is alive and well. Time to revive kindness, concern and the song of peace.  Need a billion person demonstration. Stop the terror, stop the hate. One people and one world my friend.




“Darkness cannot drive out darkness: only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate: only love can do that.” 
 Martin Luther King Jr., A Testament of Hope: The Essential Writings and Speeches

“An eye for an eye will only make the whole world blind.” 
 Mahatma Gandhi

“Peace cannot be kept by force; it can only be achieved by understanding.” 
 Albert Einstein

“When Great Trees Fall

When great trees fall,
rocks on distant hills shudder,
lions hunker down
in tall grasses,
and even elephants
lumber after safety.

When great trees fall
in forests,
small things recoil into silence,
their senses
eroded beyond fear.

When great souls die,
the air around us becomes
light, rare, sterile.
We breathe, briefly.
Our eyes, briefly,
see with
a hurtful clarity.
Our memory, suddenly sharpened,
examines,
gnaws on kind words
unsaid,
promised walks
never taken.

Great souls die and
our reality, bound to
them, takes leave of us.
Our souls,
dependent upon their
nurture,
now shrink, wizened.
Our minds, formed
and informed by their
radiance,
fall away.
We are not so much maddened
as reduced to the unutterable ignorance
of dark, cold
caves.

And when great souls die,
after a period peace blooms,
slowly and always
irregularly. Spaces fill
with a kind of
soothing electric vibration.
Our senses, restored, never
to be the same, whisper to us.
They existed. They existed.
We can be. Be and be
better. For they existed.” 
 Maya Angelou


Please don't forget Heather Heyer. Please don't forget the college kids and demonstrator. People who walked the walked. Are honored people. My Grandfather walked with Martin Luther King Jr. in Detroit. You can be an observer of our world or be part of this world. I need to walk the walk my friend? Will you allow our world to fall to hate?
                               John Castellenas/Coyote

  

© 2017 Coyote Poetry


Author's Note

Coyote Poetry
A sad day for us in the USA. We can't fall backward.

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

This is truly an informative and powerful piece. Just today, I was reading about the civil rights movement in the USA and black power. martin Luther Jr was indeed a great ruler. I'm impressed and inspired by your personal account and the fact that your father walked with Martin Luther King.
Thank you for sharing :)

Posted 6 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.

Coyote Poetry

6 Years Ago

Freedom and no racism. Hard work. Never done and thank you for reading and the comment.
Tazeen Ahmed

6 Years Ago

Well, I really appreciate your input. Maybe I'll get back and research more on that.
Thank y.. read more
Tony Jordan

6 Years Ago

not correcting - adding to what you'd said Tazeen.



Reviews

[send message][befriend] Subscribe
...
Very creative and brave. Yes what happen was fall of humanity. Thanks for your thoughts and inspiration. You writing have value of human heart.

Posted 6 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Coyote Poetry

6 Years Ago

Thank you for reading and the kind words. I do appreciate.
Lovely work Coyote, inspiring and beautiful, remembering those whose wisdom and love changed the world, that can't be taken away, only ignored, and if each individual carries their own torch ...well, it will light up the darkest of days, and the set aglow the darkest of nights!

Posted 6 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Coyote Poetry

6 Years Ago

You are right dear friend. On the 13 of August. Many stood together for Heather. If we quit fighting.. read more
Sadly I see more racism and hate today then I ever have :( This old world cries for her children.

Posted 6 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Coyote Poetry

6 Years Ago

You are right my friend. World had gone crazy. Thank you for reading and the comment.
I feel for my American cousins. Sectarianism and bigotry tore my land apart for 30 years and even now after 25 years of 'peace' we still walk on a tightrope.
I pray such a fate never befalls your beloved country John.
Well said my friend...well said.

Posted 6 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Coyote Poetry

6 Years Ago

Thank you my friend Tony. I believe USA is going backward.
Tony Jordan

6 Years Ago

Being led backwards perhaps Coyote.
You inspire us all Coyote..this is such a strong poetic cry for people to stand up and act for peace before it's too late..The music, the quotes, the Maya Angelou poem- all perfect and lighting the way. I marched in the 60s. I am ready to march again now. Thank you for sharing this and God bless you.

Posted 6 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Coyote Poetry

6 Years Ago

I believe we must march again. Poor and cold-blooded leadership. Leading us to a bad ending. Heather.. read more

2
next Next Page
last Last Page
Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

784 Views
15 Reviews
Rating
Added on August 13, 2017
Last Updated on August 13, 2017

Author

Coyote Poetry
Coyote Poetry

MI



About
A Poet and writer who love to read and write. My pleasure is reading about the bad and good in a life. Also to honor the Poets/Writers of the past by reading their words. Remember .. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


The Preacher Man The Preacher Man

A Poem by Gee