He could not weep

He could not weep

A Poem by Coyote Poetry
"

Just words.

"



                            He could not weep

A pint of beer, dancing the Texas two-step with the pretty Tijuana girl in a tavern on the Mexican border.

Final Chapel for a man who accepted life as as-is. He tell the kids now. A silent stand leave you wishing you stood for something. You believed in something.

Begot wishes become heavy burdens and forgotten dreams. Men who lived a tamed life. Believed in the government that send young men go to war. Teach them murder and death before love. They learn. Life is meaningless and the value of life mean little to a government ran by lawyers and big business.

Today the old soldier cannot weep. He remembered the 5000 Iraqis soldiers frozen and forgotten. He remember finding dead bodies in Africa and burning them. Not I.D and forgotten.

The pretty Tijuana girls whispered. All of us are led to hell and back by fools and liars. Johnnie, you ain't dead yet. Please dark poet. Write down the dirtiness. Bring the dirt to light. A silent life accepting the lies without a fight. Leave you alone with a pint of beer and needing little.

I told her. Honey, dear and sweetheart. When you saw the darkness of life. Hard to see the light of hope. I have known killers and tyrants. They saw profit and flesh to use and sell. After a soft heart saw the war dead, lost too many friends to war and saw starvation. And he didn't do a worthwhile thing. No more tears, no more weeping can be found.

In a tavern in Tijuana. A dark eyes beauty told the soldier. Love is life and life is love. Please forget the bad things or you will die alone.

                                John Castellenas/Coyote




© 2017 Coyote Poetry


Author's Note

Coyote Poetry
Just words.

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

Amen to that- leave the past in the past that’s why it’s called the past it’s gone- let the dead rest- holding on and blaming oneself binds is- you did what you had to and I believe you did your best- tears will return to cleanse the soul- a strong man and a real man does cry- everything in due time- wonderful words🌹

Posted 5 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

Amen to that- leave the past in the past that’s why it’s called the past it’s gone- let the dead rest- holding on and blaming oneself binds is- you did what you had to and I believe you did your best- tears will return to cleanse the soul- a strong man and a real man does cry- everything in due time- wonderful words🌹

Posted 5 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

WOW. The work is beautiful. I think you should be more of a bibliographer

Posted 6 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Coyote Poetry

6 Years Ago

You are very kind and thank you for reading and the comment. I do appreciate.
coyote,sorry to say another chapter and verse from man's internal and eternal struggles under the guise of peace.as a conscientious objector medic in nam,same deal only higher body count.when I arrived the guys taunted me with;no gun-no guts.when I left I had a folder full of names and addresses and at parting,hugs and promises they'd stay in touch.at 6'4" I towered over the locals but won their momentary respect.in the early 70s I 2stepped across texas for 5yrs.you gals grow mighty pretty over there.just do what you can to question authority and fight for the right to care when others don't.keep an eye open for a piece I wrote about the tradgedies of war "west texas tradgedy" coming soon. thanks for posting this fragment of life.

Posted 6 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Coyote Poetry

6 Years Ago

Thank you for reading and the comment. I'm just tire of the talk of war. People, who saw the left-ov.. read more
[send message][befriend] Subscribe
Gee
Do you think it helps that you have the ability to "out" your feelings through your writing. There must be many a man that suffers in silence as they are not able to express themselves.
I tip my hat to any man or woman who chooses to put their life on the line for their country and ultimately world stability.
This is a fine piece Coyote

Posted 6 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Coyote Poetry

6 Years Ago

Thank you my friend for reading and the comment. Our new world making me see repetition of the old w.. read more
Gee

6 Years Ago

Hopefully all will see sense and settle down
But if we forget the bitter will the sweet be as sweet? Living on the edge we are truly alive but it's not a place I envy or regret. In the midst of death or at the edge of death we value life the more. But those who have been on the edge never return the same.

Posted 6 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Coyote Poetry

6 Years Ago

You are right my friend. Thank you Fabian for reading and the comment.
Difficult to forget the ravages of war...to forget the bodies strewn on the battlefields. This is why so many vets suffer from PTSD. She was a wise woman...that lady in Tijuana. Seeing the beauty in life is so important. Lydi**

Posted 6 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Coyote Poetry

6 Years Ago

She was right and thank you Lydia for reading and the comment. I do appreciate.
"Please forget the bad things or you will die alone"-great memorable line. But much harder to do than to say- especially for a soldier. "A silent stand leave you wishing you stood for something"-yes, but actions-sacrifices- speak louder than words...always thank you and God bless you for your great service to our country sir Coyote. You are a true Hero .Beautiful, important poetic statement.

Posted 6 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Coyote Poetry

6 Years Ago

Thank you Annette. I appreciate your kind words.
This is intense maaaaan!!
I can feel the coldness of the words, like Clint Eastwood read them to me.
The lines, "Please dark poet. Write down the dirtiness. Bring the dirt to light. A silent life accepting the lies without a fight." really jolt me. Just accept corruption, blatant and powerful lies, and live life simply. These are the reasons that explain why living like a renegade is so much fun.
In the end you have to break rules to make rules.
You should be stoked on this one!

Posted 6 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Coyote Poetry

6 Years Ago

Thank you for reading and the comment. In 1991. My unit cleared Death Valley In Iraq. 10,000 bodies .. read more
Soundz

6 Years Ago

I know it's hard to see, but your work pushes people to look deeper into meaning. You make me contem.. read more

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

373 Views
8 Reviews
Rating
Added on September 14, 2017
Last Updated on September 14, 2017

Author

Coyote Poetry
Coyote Poetry

MI



About
A Poet and writer who love to read and write. My pleasure is reading about the bad and good in a life. Also to honor the Poets/Writers of the past by reading their words. Remember .. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..