Coming home

Coming home

A Poem by Coyote Poetry
"

Some days faces of friends lost to war appear in my thoughts.

"
                            


                             Coming home





I go  alone early every Wednesday to the nearby Veteran memorial. I drink my coffee and I talk to two good friends lost to war. I'm never alone. Many old and young men stand by graves with their friends names described in them. The old timers are the kindest. They had lived with the memory of war,  a lifetime.

I was told by a World War two veteran. We are the leftover men and we have great responsibilities. We are the storytellers of men who cannot speak no-more. We must ensure brave men who stood for the USA are never forgotten.

My friends left beautiful children behind. I told the empty graves. Children are fine and they love and miss you my friend. They have not forgotten you. They post photos of a loving father and I know. They cried for you my old friend.

Today world is crazy and I sit with my friends and I pray.

"No more war.
No more useless death.
Please God.
Make these careless governments from sending the kids to war.
Please lord of life and death.
Send the warmth of love and forgiveness.
This eye for a eyes world.
Will make the world silence again.
Please take care of my friends.
I know soon.
I will join my comrades in a place of peace."

Young and old men stand silence at the Veteran memorial.
Seeking old places and old places.
Wishing they had thanks, their friend for their friendship.
Wishing they could of saved them.


 
Remember men and women are still fighting. The wars had never stopped.

                       John Castellenas/Coyote



© 2017 Coyote Poetry


Author's Note

Coyote Poetry
Pray for peace.

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

This poem is so word rich. The words are rightly selected that the reality,cataclysm and woes of war are made alive. Friend ! You are not alone in the regret and pains of war as u have done so well in reawakening in every reader of this poem that we're living in a world where our government joys in 'carelessness 'and therefore 'sending the kids to war 'and making 'the world silence again '.Thus, our actions should be peace enhancing since the joys of war is not joy indeed and the government do not care after all. The poem is a good one. Bravo Friend !

Posted 6 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.

Coyote Poetry

6 Years Ago

Thank you William for reading and the comment. I hear words of war. Few words for peace. I fear new .. read more



Reviews

This really hit home for me. The tales of horror and what these men and women had and continue to endure should be enough. Peace should always be the goal although some call it unrealistic but what kind of thinking would that be. Profound content that stirs the conversation. Great work.

Posted 6 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Coyote Poetry

6 Years Ago

Thank you Duff. I appreciate the comment.
duff

6 Years Ago

You are very welcome.
Heartbreaking poem, and wise words.

I pray with you for peace. Every day.

Thank you for sharing.

Posted 6 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Coyote Poetry

6 Years Ago

Thank you Sarah for reading and the comment. I do appreciate. I pray daily for peace and I burn the .. read more
So very true, and yet, the more things change the more they stay the same. Why can't we all just get along??? If we, as countries focused more on what we had in common rather than not, how wonderful that would be!

Posted 6 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Coyote Poetry

6 Years Ago

I agree Alisa. I don't want my grandchildren fighting leftover war of old hatred. Thank you for read.. read more
Hi Coyote. I just posted my poem on war and then I see this wonderful poem of yours. I can really relate to you on this one, No one can hate war as much as a Veteran does. You said it well with your words my friend. The lunacy of mankind just goes on and on, As the great Bob Dylan said 'When will they ever learn' I enjoyed the read, my friend....Peter

Posted 6 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Coyote Poetry

6 Years Ago

I agree Peter and thank you for reading and the comment. I will read your work now.
I sure do pray for peace. thanks for sharing this wonderful poem.

Posted 6 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Coyote Poetry

6 Years Ago

Thank you Roxanne. Need a billion people to stand for peace.
A fine dedication to those who fight bravely for the greater good. Realistically, we will probably never be free of conflict. There's always going to be somebody who wants to cause trouble, and there will always have to be somebody to fight back that trouble, lest we fall to it. It's unfortunate, but true. But hopefully, we can at least come to an era of minimal conflict.

Anyway, I really enjoyed reading this. The piece was heart-warming and has a strong impact. I do have two small things to point out, but I think they may have just been typos;

"Make these careless governments from sending the kids to war." I think you may have meant to put "Stop" instead of "Make".

"Will make the world silence again." Instead of "Silence", it should be "Silent".

"Wishing they could of saved them." "Could of" is not the correct way of writing it. It should be "Could have".

Not knocking any points off here, I was only pointing those small things out (English Major, so it tends to happen). I still really enjoyed the piece, and am happy to say "Job well done!" here. Keep up the awesome work. :)

Posted 6 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Coyote Poetry

6 Years Ago

Thank you my friend. I will repair tomorrow. I appreciate the help.
You would think in the 21st century, war would be a thing of the past. Yet in reality, the greatest and bloodiest war is yet to begin. It doesn't take a genius to realise the thinking behind our great nations. Some countries in our world would be better erased. Reason being. They want to annihilate us. I don't see any resolution to prevent this. Maybe this was always mans destiny.

Posted 6 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Coyote Poetry

6 Years Ago

Hard to say. We are reliving the cold war again. Bombing Korea. You will kill people who do not want.. read more
Thank you, Coyote. I pray for peace and for their souls. And I thank them too.

Posted 6 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Coyote Poetry

6 Years Ago

You are welcome. I pray daily too.
This poem is so word rich. The words are rightly selected that the reality,cataclysm and woes of war are made alive. Friend ! You are not alone in the regret and pains of war as u have done so well in reawakening in every reader of this poem that we're living in a world where our government joys in 'carelessness 'and therefore 'sending the kids to war 'and making 'the world silence again '.Thus, our actions should be peace enhancing since the joys of war is not joy indeed and the government do not care after all. The poem is a good one. Bravo Friend !

Posted 6 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.

Coyote Poetry

6 Years Ago

Thank you William for reading and the comment. I hear words of war. Few words for peace. I fear new .. read more

First Page first
Previous Page prev
1
Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

706 Views
16 Reviews
Rating
Added on September 23, 2017
Last Updated on September 23, 2017

Author

Coyote Poetry
Coyote Poetry

MI



About
A Poet and writer who love to read and write. My pleasure is reading about the bad and good in a life. Also to honor the Poets/Writers of the past by reading their words. Remember .. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Feeling it Feeling it

A Poem by Franky