Coming home

Coming home

A Poem by Coyote Poetry
"

Some days faces of friends lost to war appear in my thoughts.

"
                            


                             Coming home





I go  alone early every Wednesday to the nearby Veteran memorial. I drink my coffee and I talk to two good friends lost to war. I'm never alone. Many old and young men stand by graves with their friends names described in them. The old timers are the kindest. They had lived with the memory of war,  a lifetime.

I was told by a World War two veteran. We are the leftover men and we have great responsibilities. We are the storytellers of men who cannot speak no-more. We must ensure brave men who stood for the USA are never forgotten.

My friends left beautiful children behind. I told the empty graves. Children are fine and they love and miss you my friend. They have not forgotten you. They post photos of a loving father and I know. They cried for you my old friend.

Today world is crazy and I sit with my friends and I pray.

"No more war.
No more useless death.
Please God.
Make these careless governments from sending the kids to war.
Please lord of life and death.
Send the warmth of love and forgiveness.
This eye for a eyes world.
Will make the world silence again.
Please take care of my friends.
I know soon.
I will join my comrades in a place of peace."

Young and old men stand silence at the Veteran memorial.
Seeking old places and old places.
Wishing they had thanks, their friend for their friendship.
Wishing they could of saved them.


 
Remember men and women are still fighting. The wars had never stopped.

                       John Castellenas/Coyote



© 2017 Coyote Poetry


Author's Note

Coyote Poetry
Pray for peace.

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

This poem is so word rich. The words are rightly selected that the reality,cataclysm and woes of war are made alive. Friend ! You are not alone in the regret and pains of war as u have done so well in reawakening in every reader of this poem that we're living in a world where our government joys in 'carelessness 'and therefore 'sending the kids to war 'and making 'the world silence again '.Thus, our actions should be peace enhancing since the joys of war is not joy indeed and the government do not care after all. The poem is a good one. Bravo Friend !

Posted 6 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.

Coyote Poetry

6 Years Ago

Thank you William for reading and the comment. I hear words of war. Few words for peace. I fear new .. read more



Reviews

I definitely loved this. Have you ever been to or seen the Vietnam Veterans Wall? It is truly ground-moving and opened my eyes. This was totally touching to me. Your words were so captivating. Thank you. :)

Posted 6 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Coyote Poetry

6 Years Ago

I have seen the Vietnam wall. Make you learn. How many had died for the USA. Thank you Elena for rea.. read more
and my brother served in Vietnam too


Posted 6 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

a moving tribute to fallen
all my men in my family dads and uncles etc served for Australia in ww2
Lets hope there is not another
but I watch the news every day so terrible

Posted 6 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Coyote Poetry

6 Years Ago

I pray daily. I'm not like my Grandmother and father. She took me to the airport to be deployed to w.. read more
My tears are my words Coyote. This is a beautiful memorial beyond compare. Thank you and your friends, all the Veterans (including my father Frank Pisano who served in WW2), and all soldiers fighting now, for your brave service to our country. Living and dead, you are all Heroes. God bless you always. May God bring us peace in this troubled world. Amen.

Posted 6 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Coyote Poetry

6 Years Ago

Thank you Annette. I appreciate your kind words.
Annette Pisano-Higley

6 Years Ago

You're welcome Coyote. I appreciate you!
this is so moving, John...and you are not leftovers...
without your sacrifices what would this country be or would it be at all!!!!!!!

j.

Posted 6 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Coyote Poetry

6 Years Ago

Thank you Jacob. I appreciate the comment.
Thank you. Thank you for this, because I feel- especially with everything going on in the world- this is something everyone needs to hear. Nicely penned.

Posted 6 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Coyote Poetry

6 Years Ago

We live in a world. Wanting to destroy each other. Remember Japan. Those were small bombs compare to.. read more

2
next Next Page
last Last Page
Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

706 Views
16 Reviews
Rating
Added on September 23, 2017
Last Updated on September 23, 2017

Author

Coyote Poetry
Coyote Poetry

MI



About
A Poet and writer who love to read and write. My pleasure is reading about the bad and good in a life. Also to honor the Poets/Writers of the past by reading their words. Remember .. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..