Who is worthwhile and who is not?

Who is worthwhile and who is not?

A Poem by Coyote Poetry
"

Just words.

"


                       Who is worthwhile and who is not?

"Assisted suicide,Oregon is one of five states, along with New Mexico, Montana, Washington , and Vermont, that allow assisted suicide for terminally ill patients. Oregon’s Death with Dignity Act passed in 1997 and has allowed for 1,173 prescriptions, with 752 deaths resulting from access of the medication."




"Euthanasia - Also called mercy killing. the act of putting to death painlessly or allowing to die, as by withholding extreme medical measures, a person or ... "

"Legal In Canada, Albania, Colombia, Japan, Some states in the USA, Germany, Switzerland, Luxembourg, Belgium and Netherlands."

Once a woman made me cry. I didn't know her. She accepted death with out a fight. Euthanasia in Portland.  Accepting death without a fight. At my work. Good man had terminating cancer. Everyday his friend and I are praying and standing with this man. I pray he lived forever. I know life isn't fair or kind sometimes. Death will find us one day.
-----
Sweet dawn, sweet dust,
Beautiful sun and shining moon.
I want to see .
One more time.
Dark death linger close and I appreciate every heart beat.
Sweet life.
Pretty smile of children.
Knowing laughter and having friends near.
One more day.
Please Lord.
-----------------
Some countries allowing old people to accept death when memory is gone. Some countries make the families decide medical bill or easy death?
-----------------------------
Grandma was 96.
She forgot the names of my children.
I introduced them each time we visit her.
We surrounded her.
I held her hand and I listen to the old stories two days a week.
I wasn't disappointed in her.
I would of took care of her forever and a-day.
Once she gave me everything.
A home, love and kind words.
Time took my dear Grandmother from me.
She fought to her last beathe.
Her last kind words to me.
Sweetie. You must take care of the family when I'm gone.
I told her.
I will be like you. I will a place of love and safety.
-----------------
I'm not God. I know. The decision is the person in the situation of great pain. BUT we must be careful. Like the Native American believed. The old people are the holder of great wisdom. We need them as long as we can, to  have their voices, their knowledge and kind faces near. The human body is harder and stronger than we think.

My dear Brother defeated cancer three times. Beautiful lady at work defeated cancer twice. This wonderful woman hair had turned curly and I love her so. I need my brother and my dear friend.

Euthanasia - My define- Government way to save money and the government way to decrease population.

My step-father. A man of God. At 87 years old. Doctors told him. He had cancer. He locked himself in his private office and he prayed. One month later. Cancer was gone. A blessing or a mistake by the doctor? My dear father is 91 years old and wise, strong and alive.

Please my friends. Time for us to think. Double-talking government don't care about us. New Orleans after the hurricane, Puerto Rico and the many dead cities in the USA.

Who is worthwhile and who is not?

_____
One more day.
One more day to see my beautiful wife face.
One more day to see my grandchildren play.
One more day to watch the sun rise and to watch the moon arise.
One more day at the beach with the grandchildren.
One more day to be surrounded by the sea, the lake and the forest.
What is the value of one more day?
I wish daily to hear my grandmother telling me. Sweetie, you will be okay.
To hear my Grandfather stories and my father's laughter.
Love my friend. Is all we have.



John Castellenas/Coyote


© 2017 Coyote Poetry


Author's Note

Coyote Poetry
Just my words and my thoughts.

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

John your poem is so moving! We take life for granted. Consider for a moment eternity....all that is past is lost but for our memories so we should make them count miss those we lost but know death is inevitable and as a side note pass OUR messages along for all to read!!

Posted 6 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Coyote Poetry

6 Years Ago

Thank you for reading. We must be careful. Yesterday new Trump plan took a friend benefits for radia.. read more
Gejodi

6 Years Ago

Where will this end? Soylent green comes to mind will we outlive our usefullness perhaps see if its.. read more
Coyote Poetry

6 Years Ago

All countries must be careful. New world order. Human value had lessen.



Reviews

John your poem is so moving! We take life for granted. Consider for a moment eternity....all that is past is lost but for our memories so we should make them count miss those we lost but know death is inevitable and as a side note pass OUR messages along for all to read!!

Posted 6 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Coyote Poetry

6 Years Ago

Thank you for reading. We must be careful. Yesterday new Trump plan took a friend benefits for radia.. read more
Gejodi

6 Years Ago

Where will this end? Soylent green comes to mind will we outlive our usefullness perhaps see if its.. read more
Coyote Poetry

6 Years Ago

All countries must be careful. New world order. Human value had lessen.
what a profound message you send through this writing and finish with the truth... love is all we have! Love is all we need.

Posted 6 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Coyote Poetry

6 Years Ago

Love is life. Life is love. Thank you for reading and the comment. I do appreciate.
Very sad but poignant and tragic in the same instant.
A graphic account of assisted suicide made me think about my own experiences.
You see I once contemplated visiting a clinic in Zürich some years ago when I had reached the bottom or my bottom.had fallen out.
Nice flow and rhythm to your poem.
I agree with you about reading and reviewing only contemporary writers and poets.
Although that said I've read every Sherlock Holmes book and ghost story by Sir Arthur Conan Doyle & M.R.James lol

Posted 6 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Coyote Poetry

6 Years Ago

I'm glad you are with us. I reached the dead-end twice in my life. Gun on the table and Dear Grandmo.. read more
Smoking Man

6 Years Ago

You're welcome,I'm so pleased you chose life too 😊
They may just be words and thoughts dear friend but many of us will empathise and share them. An emotionally charged topic to be sure, but one that you have grabbed squarely by the horns and fairly wrestled with sir.....Thanks Coyote, Neville

Posted 6 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Coyote Poetry

6 Years Ago

Thank you Neville. I appreciate the comment.
Neville

6 Years Ago

Pleasure, as ever...Neville
Loss is a very real part of life that we all have to come to terms with. I wish you luck in your journey. Beautiful piece of writing!

Posted 6 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Coyote Poetry

6 Years Ago

Thank you Zeus for reading and the comment. I do appreciate.
Tenderly Reaching

Great read

Matthew

Posted 6 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Coyote Poetry

6 Years Ago

Thank you Matthew for reading and the comment. I do appreciate.
Matthew Kult

6 Years Ago

You are welcome

Matthew
as Dylan Thomas wrote, "do not go gentle into that good night"
but Lydi is right...there is some suffering that just needs to be stopped, there is also such a thing as dying with dignity---
but really tough choice, tough topic, and your piece is full of sincerity and kindness.
j.

Posted 6 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Coyote Poetry

6 Years Ago

Thank you Jacob for reading and the kind words.
So touching...yes, we all hope for just one more moment with those we love...to hear their voice and see their smile. We need to appreciate these people while they are with us and too often people do not. Have to say though, John, I think there is a time and a place for euthanasia. I have watched too many suffer. Your words are heartfelt and always a pleasure to read. Lydi**

Posted 6 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Coyote Poetry

6 Years Ago

Thank you Lydia. A hard topic my friend. New generation are not the same. Easy too give-up or give-i.. read more
Lydia Shutter

6 Years Ago

You are right...we are made of strong stuff. We never give up.
Mercy killing is merciful for government but not for the people who face it because to take your own life is not an easy task.
No one want to lose.
No one want to lose the race, to lose the competition without trying, without hoping and without being optimist.
And they, under the burden of finance or government has to lose without try the competition called LIFE.

very inspirational piece. :)
Thanks for sharing :)

Posted 6 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Coyote Poetry

6 Years Ago

Thank you dear Irenic. I worry for my world.
Irenic

6 Years Ago

Nope :)..........we should be because we make this world :).........................
[send message][befriend] Subscribe
k
This was really well written and touching. I especially like your use of definitions and quotations at the beginning. This is a really effective piece of prose poetry, and the changing forms and patterns really work in your favor. Well done!

Posted 6 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Coyote Poetry

6 Years Ago

Thank you k. I appreciate the comment.

First Page first
Previous Page prev
1
Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

1085 Views
16 Reviews
Rating
Added on October 26, 2017
Last Updated on October 26, 2017

Author

Coyote Poetry
Coyote Poetry

MI



About
A Poet and writer who love to read and write. My pleasure is reading about the bad and good in a life. Also to honor the Poets/Writers of the past by reading their words. Remember .. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..