Too late dear lover

Too late dear lover

A Poem by Coyote Poetry
"

Just words

"





                 Too late dear lover

Dear Cheryl. Somewhere in the city of sin. I heard you die alone. Few cried tears for you. I did.

I remembered you. You were a wild child with dead eyes and sadistic life. You were something I couldn't have and somehow we fell together.

In a late night taverns in Detroit. We found each other and we drank and danced till the midnight hour. You told me often. You can make me laugh and make me feel okay. My life is s**t and dear Johnnie. Please stay with me. Some sin isn't dirty. My lips need your kiss, my skin demand you closer and I won't accept just dance and song.

We found the dark motels on Gratiot ave. We stripped bare and made dangerous wishes come true. I remember telling you. Dear Cheryl. My wildflower and siren. We are dancing on broken glass and rock. Love cannot be for us.

I heard you die alone in Las Vegas. I prayed the kind Gods could forgive you and accept you in paradise. Your life hard and twisted.  I said a prayer to Lake St. Clair for you.

                  " Dear Lord
Please dear Lord. A friend is coming to you.
Please treat her kindly.
A broken angel who knew so little kindness on this earth.
Please Lord.
No-one is perfect.
Give her places where she can know peace.
Allow her to find places where she can dance and sing.
Allow her harden skin to heal.
Please take care of my dear friend Cheryl."

Poor Cheryl die alone in the city of sin and few cried for her. I don't know if I could of saved her? Maybe I became another knife in her already broken and beaten heart?

Beautiful Cheryl. I do remember you. My wild child lady who tempted my heart and soul.  The sad part was, I was dead too in heart and soul.  We were two Gypsy heart seeking peace in the flesh and we forgot to allow the heart to know love.

                         John Castellenas/Coyote






© 2017 Coyote Poetry


Author's Note

Coyote Poetry
Just words

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

Such a precious message to a haunting/haunted friend. I've often fallen in with the misfits of life, so I very much appreciate the way you paint their lives with a stark honesty that's also filled with compassion & understanding. This is a beautiful tribute to a sad life and I can feel those lingering questions in your mind . . . (((HUGS))) Fondly, Margie

Posted 6 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Coyote Poetry

6 Years Ago

Thank you Margie. Some people, born to a life of misery.



Reviews

An emotional and sensitive tribute to someone you met and respected and cared for Coyote.

Posted 6 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Coyote Poetry

6 Years Ago

Thank you John for reading and the comment. I do appreciate.
Tragic. A good choice of music... Ride might suit even better... The monologue at the start...

Posted 6 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Coyote Poetry

6 Years Ago

I was going to use "Ride". One of my favorite songs. Thank you my friend for reading and the comment.. read more
Some are just too good to live forever.
They pack everything into a short life.
But they leave their mark on the world.
That's not a bad epitaph.


Posted 6 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.

Coyote Poetry

6 Years Ago

You are right. Want too much or want too little. Thank you Paul for reading and the comment.
An almost tragic piece. Very well written. Thank you.

Posted 6 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Coyote Poetry

6 Years Ago

Thank you Augustus. I appreciate the comment.
Wow this made me so sad. Such a powerful write, dear friend. Amazing job!

Posted 6 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Coyote Poetry

6 Years Ago

Thank you Giullia. I appreciate the kind words.
This write touched my heart.When a friend passes,it's hard to find words to describe what you feel,but you expressed it deeply here in this poem.
Wonderfully spoken,sad to hear though;-

Posted 6 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Coyote Poetry

6 Years Ago

Thank you my dear friend for reading and the comment. I do appreciate.
Perhaps a great sonnet a song needing to be sung

Posted 6 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Coyote Poetry

6 Years Ago

Thank you for reading and the comment. I do appreciate.

2
next Next Page
last Last Page
Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

663 Views
17 Reviews
Rating
Added on November 21, 2017
Last Updated on November 21, 2017

Author

Coyote Poetry
Coyote Poetry

MI



About
A Poet and writer who love to read and write. My pleasure is reading about the bad and good in a life. Also to honor the Poets/Writers of the past by reading their words. Remember .. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


The Departure The Departure

A Chapter by Wild Rose