Just questions my friend

Just questions my friend

A Poem by Coyote Poetry
"

Just words

"




Image result for photo of child on the beach drowned
Image result for woman at the grave of husband

                                Just questions my friend

December is here again. Two of my grandchildren are sleeping at 4 am in the morning. A school day for one of them. Me and the four year old. Will do a grand adventure today. Time had gone too fast.  Oldest grand-boys. Eight years old. I watch my world going crazy and old war are never ending. New wars are beginning.

I'm scare to death. One day I will be like my Grandmother. Dear Grandmother took me to the Greyhound bus. Watch me leave for war and the unknown. I remember her face. She told me. Please Johnnie. Don't be a hero. A chicken can live forever and heroes die young. I don't want to bury another family member to war.

My father, a Vietnam and Korean war veterans. He took me to the airport in Virginia. He and my step-mother held me tightly and I saw in my father's eyes. He knew his son would learn blood, death and sin. We spoke little and I watched from my airport seat. My dad and stepmother holding fear and sadness as I deployed for another war.



Question one.
People tell me war is a part of life. Do we accept war as a norm? I tell people. If you accept war as a norm. One day. War will find you. Distance wars will find your doorstep.

Question two.
Can we stop war? I believe we can. USA spend 25% of the taxes on war. USA support and keep war alive. Bring the soldiers home. We are in places that don't want to be saved. Allow the old and ancient places to solve their own problems. Ancient places don't want our advice or solders. When we send a division of soldiers to the Middle East. We are the enemy.

Question three.
What can we do? Lead with kindness, concern and love. Send food, water and medicine. I served when President Clinton was President. I went on many food and water missions to Africa and Europe. Us soldiers learn how ugly and hard some places can be. Also we learn. We gained new friendship and respect. I cooked in the early morning and I served food to people in need all day. The ugly American show a kind face and heart. I delivered water and food to people. Their kind smiles and handshakes made the task wonderful and worthwhile.

                        My Christmas prayer

Little one.
Please lay your head down and find some sleep.
Dream of days in the park, swimming in the lakes.

My little ones.
I pray the world become less mad.
Please dear God.
Made the world learn forgiveness and seek peace over war.

Please lord of life and death.
Please ensure every child have a warm bed and food to eat.
Please ensure every child have shelter and a safe place to live.

Please Lord of life and death.
Stop the angry men who want war over peace.
Please stop the useless killing.
Teach them.
Every child is a blessing.
Every life is a blessing.
Too many tears been spilled for things done for hate and separation.
----------------------

Our world is becoming smaller.
We must learn. The men wanting war and separation. Quit sending them gun and weapons.
Old wise saying. Doing nothing mean you accepted the world as-is. A quiet voice will leave you feeling hopeless one day.


Question four.
Do you want to take your husband, son or brother to a airport to be deployed and fighting for strangers?
I believe each country must fix themselves. USA gifts of guns, weapons and soldiers. Isn't the way to peace. USA extend wars and no profit in peace for the contractors.

I will be told by many. Can't stop war. Part of men mentality. 

I'm worry. Few men in leadership. Talk of peace. USA had a Berserker who want more guns and weapons. How many more shall die for the hunger of war?

Grandchildren are sleeping and I see the face of my Grandmother and my Father. I pray I don't become them. Taking my grandchild to the airport to be deployed. I learn too late. War is cold and heartless.

Time for a billion person walk for peace and calm. Remember weapons don't care if you are Muslim, Christian or Buddhist. Bullets had no conscious.

                            Christmas prayer
Please Great Spirit.
Protect the children.
Give shelter and food to the homeless.
Please send logic and common sense to our leaders.
A dead child on a beach.
This is all men great sin.
A wife tear's for a soldier lost to war.
I pray the leaders know.
They stole a lifetime of love way from a family.
Please Great Spirit.
Show men.
Protect nature and please learn.
Every child lost to war and violence.
Is the sin of man.

                       John Castellenas/Coyote



© 2017 Coyote Poetry


Author's Note

Coyote Poetry
Just words

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

I humbly say Amen to your heartfelt prayers my friend. Bullets have no conscience- yes! Your amazing pictures and brilliantly eloquent words testify. You have been in war and have seen its true face. God bless you for your service and suffering. We must stop this insanity we are in now. May God the Great Spirit give wisdom, compassion and integrity to our leaders and protect our innocent children at Christmas and always. Amen. Amen. Amen.....

Posted 6 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Coyote Poetry

6 Years Ago

Need a billion people to stand for peace. Before it is too late. Thank you dear friend for reading a.. read more
Annette Pisano-Higley

6 Years Ago

I have to thank YOU Coyote, for all you’ve done and all you do for your country and the world.



Reviews

I bow to Your words, my heart and mind bow to Yours, to the understanding, the awareness, the true kindness You have, You truly are, being an American soldier still don't mix the things with each others... I bow and say Amen.

Posted 6 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Coyote Poetry

6 Years Ago

I appreciate the comment. I pray the world change. Need more kindness and concern.
This comment has been deleted by the poster.
Many fine words, important words, heartfelt and meaningful words. I share your thoughts and values.

Posted 6 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Coyote Poetry

6 Years Ago

Thank you my friend for reading and the comment. I do appreciate.
when I see those heart felt images of soldiers returning by surprise to homes filled with startled loved ones, my subconscious mind, fights back tears. Yet there is a detectable caution in their/my eyes. they know that the young man or woman will return to danger. Before danger is ever blinding, it comes as the witch of knowledge and brightness. While those we love look at heroism with the ordinary expectations of delight; that uniformed shyness and politeness, the meaning of war is death....either to you or someone else.

The purpose of poetry then is that skewed seeing of the obvious. Take a seat. Look at me while I unwind the truth that freedom portends. Reading it is that accidental trip to Walter Reed where the wounded drift in the shadows of patriotism. Where men and women try to walk again with prostehetic limbs..........Thank you today dear poet for these remarks./ dana

Posted 6 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Coyote Poetry

6 Years Ago

Thank you my friend for reading and the comment. Old world is getting scary. Here in Detroit. Kids a.. read more
I humbly say Amen to your heartfelt prayers my friend. Bullets have no conscience- yes! Your amazing pictures and brilliantly eloquent words testify. You have been in war and have seen its true face. God bless you for your service and suffering. We must stop this insanity we are in now. May God the Great Spirit give wisdom, compassion and integrity to our leaders and protect our innocent children at Christmas and always. Amen. Amen. Amen.....

Posted 6 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Coyote Poetry

6 Years Ago

Need a billion people to stand for peace. Before it is too late. Thank you dear friend for reading a.. read more
Annette Pisano-Higley

6 Years Ago

I have to thank YOU Coyote, for all you’ve done and all you do for your country and the world.
Tried a few other replies, and I have settled on this one. Postcard I bought in West Berlin. Soldier falling. Simple question imposed. Why? That was back in 1984. I am still waiting for the answer.


Posted 6 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Coyote Poetry

6 Years Ago

So many questions. Hard to understand the violence and hate in our world.
i think you are a masterpiece a brilliant writer
i love your work especially this xxx

Posted 6 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Coyote Poetry

6 Years Ago

Thank you dear friend for reading and the comment. I'm tire of war and the useless violence. We must.. read more
This is it . . . this is everything I think all the time these days. You've hit on so many important points. Yet you also keep it conversational & full of humanity, not just preaching from a pulpit, but showing your own journey & why these words mean to much to you. This is one of your best pieces. All the time I think about how nobody has ever tried peace . . . I mean, really tried it, without some big stick over the head at the same time, but just simple humanity & understanding . . . to suggest this, many warmongers act like you're already well into dementia! *sigh!* (((HUGS))) Fondly, Margie

Posted 6 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Coyote Poetry

6 Years Ago

Hard to understand the need for war and the violence. I pray everyday. We learn common sense. Thank .. read more
Your words are hardly just simple words Coyote. It is what most of us think but do not say. The questions are good ones and the answers most would give is leave far away places and bring the soldiers home. But is it so simple to let others use the worlds resources, take advantage of others and build their arsenals in preparation to kill us?

Posted 6 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Coyote Poetry

6 Years Ago

You are right John. A world ran by poor leadership. We are in trouble my friend.
Think you summed it up. Why in hell would you leave your country to go to another, in the pretext they might be a threat. People really need to stand up and be counted. If your country is under imminent attack. Defend it. But for some politician to say thanks for dying in a basket case country. No thanks.

Posted 6 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Coyote Poetry

6 Years Ago

You are right Paul. I lost good friends in Iraq. Left beautiful children and wife. The poor pay for .. read more

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

437 Views
9 Reviews
Rating
Added on December 1, 2017
Last Updated on December 1, 2017

Author

Coyote Poetry
Coyote Poetry

MI



About
A Poet and writer who love to read and write. My pleasure is reading about the bad and good in a life. Also to honor the Poets/Writers of the past by reading their words. Remember .. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..