Heart on fire

Heart on fire

A Poem by Coyote Poetry
"

Just words

"


                            Heart on fire

My faithful heart had learn once again.
Love was near and so damn sweet.

Once we held a captive love where we knew sweet kisses and the long embrace.
I remember your beautiful face and your tender words. You told me often.
Drink of me, take of me. I'm your love and you are my love.

I look at your trusting eyes and I whispered.
You make me live  and you make me dream. I want us to dwell in the joy of a happy life.
You are perfect and I'm so damn sorry.  If I made you sad and alone. Please forgive me.

Pretty lady smiled and a soft tears fell from golden brown eyes and she whispered.
Johnnie, your love song for me. Never ended. I love our quiet nights and I love our wild nights.
You and I. Two fighting spirits. Wanting to save our world and we wanted to save ourselves.
You never left me. Even when I was angry and hard-headed. You made love become so bright and you
make my heart dance with joy and happiness.

I picked my love up and we danced to the song of Paloma Faith.



I told her. We must believe in our madness. Drink the gin and juice, find the sea and dance with the waves. Ensure we know. You and I. I and you. Two people who believe in love and we do know crazy.

My love smiled and she laughed. Yes we do know crazy and our great dreams. Keep us grounded and going forward. Please stay with me and let's become older and slower. Let's trick the Gods. Show them love is alive and well in this mad, mad world.

                                     John Castellenas/Coyote








© 2017 Coyote Poetry


Author's Note

Coyote Poetry
Just words

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

I look at your trusting eyes and I whispered.
You make me live and you make me dream. I want us to dwell in the joy of a happy life.
You are perfect and I'm so damn sorry. If I made you sad and alone. Please forgive me.

WOW! this is really good and for some reason this stanza stood out to me. Really enjoyed this write.


Posted 6 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Coyote Poetry

6 Years Ago

Thank you dear Poet. I appreciate the comment. I did enjoy your work today..



Reviews

[send message][befriend] Subscribe
MAC
what a warm and very romantic piece. the ending is what lovers should always aspire to.

Posted 6 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Coyote Poetry

6 Years Ago

Thank you Mark. I appreciate the comment.
Swaying to the romance of your words, John. Love is not explainable. We love someone and their faults become attractive. Always a pleasure. Lydi**

Posted 6 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Coyote Poetry

6 Years Ago

You are right dear friend. I appreciate the comment.
Yo truly love someone is to not only love their good things but love them in spite of their faults. Every relationship is madness that many will not understand.

Posted 6 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Coyote Poetry

6 Years Ago

I agree my friend. Thank you for reading and the comment.
Trick the gods indeed and believe in our own madness then life is better understood and tolerated and we are not so disappointed when it does not all go our way. There is always romance and a grounded voice in your writing Coyote. A lesson to us all.

Posted 6 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Coyote Poetry

6 Years Ago

Thank you John. I appreciate your comment.

2
next Next Page
last Last Page
Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

658 Views
14 Reviews
Rating
Added on December 6, 2017
Last Updated on December 6, 2017

Author

Coyote Poetry
Coyote Poetry

MI



About
A Poet and writer who love to read and write. My pleasure is reading about the bad and good in a life. Also to honor the Poets/Writers of the past by reading their words. Remember .. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Moon Beams Moon Beams

A Poem by wordman