Rose colored glasses

Rose colored glasses

A Poem by Coyote Poetry
"

Just words.

"




                                      Rose colored glasses

Sin, gin and too many bad night. Once we knew love and tonight we have forsaken kindness.
I remember when. You and I. Held hands by the Lake Clair and watched the boats go by.

You used to sing words of love to me into the midnight hour and I use to bring roses and wine to you.
We danced to the midnight moon and I whispered love words to you.

Somehow we got twisted-up. Now I sing to the moon and the stars.

"Dreaming, believing and needing us.
I need to remember how you saved me and beg you to stay.
I need you and please forgive me dear Jenny.
I will show my  real face and take-off my rose-colored glasses.
I will tell you.
You are my everything. Only sweet gift received in my messy life."

Dear Jenny waiting for a man who forgot her. He loved his gin and he loved the money.
She was waiting for a miracle. She wanted the man who needed her kiss and wouldn't allow her to leave the bed in the early morning. She wanted love words and she wanted proof. She was is only wish and need.

Lone man walk into house early with some red roses and some red wine. Pretty lady is waiting.
He goes to her and he whispered. Please forgive me Jenny. I remember you. I remember us. Let's take off the rose-colored glasses and talk till we can find the place where loved was alive and I needed you close and near.

Soft tears fell from her eyes and she whispered. Let's forget the past my love and let's drink the wine. Let's begin this night anew and hold on tighter. Fools, we can be or we can dig so deeply. Make our hearts and skin bleed till we learn.
I need you, only you. Not a stranger.

The Midnight moon smiled. Two people dancing as one. Rebirth love was alive and well. The stars and the moon danced in the darkness of the long night.
                                John Castellenas/Coyote






© 2018 Coyote Poetry


Author's Note

Coyote Poetry
Juts words.

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

Awesome piece! So much reality in your poem. Not just the flowers, rainbows, and unicorns we often see in poetry. This is real life, the valleys and peaks, gutting it out through the tough times, and dreaming, and sometimes bleeding together. Nice work.

Posted 6 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.

Coyote Poetry

6 Years Ago

Thank you Robert. I appreciate he comment. Poetry should make us laugh, cry and dream.



Reviews

How do two who love each other end up so far apart, so distant? Yet it happens all the time. Sometimes we have to forgive and try to forget. If the love is real, we understand the ups and downs. So lovely, John....so honest. Lydi**

Posted 6 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Coyote Poetry

6 Years Ago

You are right Lydia. I effort and hard work. Take two to tangle and two to know love. Thank you Lydi.. read more
i was fooled...i did not expect a "rebirth" ...not the norm to have a partner that makes those destructive decisions over and over and looses their "love" ... to have a long term successful healing ... glad your two made it Coyote!! ;)
E.

Posted 6 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Coyote Poetry

6 Years Ago

Hard work to keep love alive. I do what my grandfather taught me. Hold silence if nothing good to sa.. read more
Einstein Noodle

6 Years Ago

smart man your Grand Father ;)
if only we can have a do-over...sometimes we learn from our mistakes but never get that second chance to retread our tires and drive a different direction.
j.

Posted 6 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Coyote Poetry

6 Years Ago

You are right my friend. Many words and deeds. I wish I cold take back. Thank you Jacob for reading .. read more
Awesome piece! So much reality in your poem. Not just the flowers, rainbows, and unicorns we often see in poetry. This is real life, the valleys and peaks, gutting it out through the tough times, and dreaming, and sometimes bleeding together. Nice work.

Posted 6 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.

Coyote Poetry

6 Years Ago

Thank you Robert. I appreciate he comment. Poetry should make us laugh, cry and dream.
[send message][befriend] Subscribe
Rye
This is really beautiful, yet I hint a touch of sadness too. nicely written

Posted 6 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

This comment has been deleted by the poster.
A beautiful song and poem good poet. Love is about getting closer and bleed red with the beloved. The whispers hold on to two fools who become no stranger to the nights. Marvelous.

Posted 6 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Coyote Poetry

6 Years Ago

Thank you Sami. I do appreciate the comment.
Sami Khalil

6 Years Ago

You are welcome my friend.

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

334 Views
6 Reviews
Rating
Added on January 6, 2018
Last Updated on January 6, 2018

Author

Coyote Poetry
Coyote Poetry

MI



About
A Poet and writer who love to read and write. My pleasure is reading about the bad and good in a life. Also to honor the Poets/Writers of the past by reading their words. Remember .. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


I Wish I Wish

A Poem by Woody