Now and forever

Now and forever

A Poem by Coyote Poetry
"

Just words

"
to her.

                                    Now and forever

Old soldier, a dying man drank alone. He returned home after 10 years of war, travel and sin. He knew when he left the Pacific ocean. No-one was waiting for a man in Ann Arbor. He who loved no-one and only sought the dirtiness of life. Was truly alone.

Sitting alone as the Washington St. pub. He remember pretty faces and kind words. The bartender asked him. Where you been Johnnie? You got bigger and stronger. The Army must feed you well. Did you call Lucy? He smiled and he told him. I went to her home. I saw her with child and a kind man. They were dancing with the snow.

Old soldier wrote to paper.
--------------------------------------------
                          Dust to dust

I remember you.
You were the wine coolers and I was the whiskey.
You were filled with wild passion and I was giving-in and giving-up.
You made the dead man rise.
You loved the rain, you love the storms.
You loved the feel of the Summer rain on your bare skin.
I was just gin and juice.

I remember us.
Your demanding words.
Break me, take me, make me feel alive.
Please say you want and need me.
Dust to dust.

You didn't know.
I was so damn tire and
I was just waiting for death.

I joined wars and I volunteered for any active war.
In the mist of the dead cities and the suffering.
I learn what you told me often.

Dead is dead. You ain't dead no-more.
If you can walk, talk and think.
Live Johnnie, dance Johnnie.
Life is for living.
Not seeking death.

Today I came to Ann Arbor.
I 'm here to drink to you beautiful Lucy and to tell the shadows in the tavern.
I love you Lucy. War and song taught me. You were my perfect lady.
My lady kindness, my lady hope.
----------------------------------------
The bartender read the paper and he asked. Are you going to give these words to her? The old soldier smiled and he told him no. He told the bartender. Can't raise the dead and better to leave life as be. I would be just a hard memory to dear Lucy. The bartender smiled  and he told him. Too late old friend. I called my sister and she is here.

Johnnie saw Lucy sitting alone in the back of the tavern and he went to her.  She looked at him and she begin to cry. He sat with her and he whispered. I'm sorry my Lucy. I should of stayed away. I'm like old wine turned to vinegar. Sweet Lucy touched his mouth with slender hands and she told him.

I'm crying because you are alive. I have pray for you nightly since you joined the damn war. You learn life was good and you didn't die alone in some lonely place. She kissed his face many times and they held a long embrace.

He told her. I learn my Lucy. You were right. The death song was fruitless and lonely. I write now and I have become the dark Poet of Monterey. I drink less and I have never forgot your beautiful face. I have written a million words for you. I'm glad you are happy. You deserve happiness dear Lucy.

Lucy requested a beer and they talked till closing time. Lucy went home to Clinton to be with her family and the old soldier got on highway 94 and he drove west.

He remembered her last kisses and her last words. Forget the pain of yesterday. Find love, dance every night and make love like you will never love again. Old soldier parked his truck and he begin to cry. He told the half-moon. I love you Lucy.



                                John Castellenas/Coyote








© 2018 Coyote Poetry


Author's Note

Coyote Poetry
Just words.

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

Excellent Man poet a true love story that tells about the birth of time. A romantic Gem and Gesture amounts other things a chance meeting in a local pub of long lost love affairs no story could compare. Life so lived couldn't be this sweet Best Wishes to Poet and his Lucy love.My Youngest Grand Daughter is Named Lucy Marie.

Posted 6 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.

Coyote Poetry

6 Years Ago

A good name Lucy and thank you my friend foe reading and the comment. I do appreciate.



Reviews

If anything the army does do it changes who you were, giving you a new perspective on life but not something you would wish upon a fellow man. The outcome changes everybody involved. An informative write that delivers many messages. Nice work as usual John.

Posted 6 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Coyote Poetry

6 Years Ago

You are right. Army teaches you new things. Some useful and some not needed. Thank you Andrew for re.. read more
this is a complex stage you have here, but it works from thought-to feeling -to the poem within said poem. Great work, as always. I enjoyed it.

Posted 6 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Coyote Poetry

6 Years Ago

Thank you Cherrie for reading and the comment. I do appreciate the comment my friend.
Hi Coyote Poetry, its been a while since I've been online, you have woven quite the web of love and emotions from the past present and future you kept my attention throughout the reading and your choice of music enhances your poem thumbs up from me. Bye the way my first book will be out in time for Easter :Blood Upon The Cross"

Posted 6 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Coyote Poetry

6 Years Ago

Thank you my friend for reading and the kind words. Please send me directions to your new book. I wo.. read more
W R Stowe

6 Years Ago

Will let you know when I get the info from the publisher
oh my god you really write well, i was touched emotionally by the words and the message. I never thought there could be a love like that simply unforgettable. its telling me there is no turning back better live the life you want and love the person as if you will never love again.. where is that kind of love? good writing and i am still in awe.

Posted 6 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Coyote Poetry

6 Years Ago

You are very kind and I appreciate the comment. You must seek the great love and ensure the great lo.. read more
sette

6 Years Ago

hopefully.. you are very much welcome
We live we learn we live again, if only people would learn never to fear but put faith into action and live in truth always, the paths we walk aren’t always easy but with a clean soul and one of honesty, truth and faith love is never lost....listen to the heart it knows🌹

Posted 6 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Coyote Poetry

6 Years Ago

We learn your words and thoughts too late. We should had made the good days last longer and try to f.. read more
The last two lines of your poem made me cry Coyote. We feel you through the tender, real, loving, amazing words, music and pictures that you share with us. You are a passionate and wonderful poet- you are “the Dark Poet of Monterey”. This beautiful combination of prose, images, sounds and poetry is a great tribute to your Lucy and to the life you’ve lived and lessons you’ve learned the hard way. Thank you for your writing, your service and your heart.

Posted 6 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Coyote Poetry

6 Years Ago

Thank you my dear friend. Life will teach us many lessons.
Annette Pisano-Higley

6 Years Ago

You are always welcome. Yes you are so right John.
So much depth and life here, John. Loved seeing that picture of you in your youth.

Posted 6 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Coyote Poetry

6 Years Ago

I was young once and thank you dear Pryde for reading and the comment. I do appreciate.
A passage through life and time, it's heart slips and it's the tragedy all rolled up in one lovely poem, as always a song of love well lived.

Posted 6 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Coyote Poetry

6 Years Ago

Thank you Corset for your kind words. We live, we learn and gain wisdom if we are lucky.
Corset

6 Years Ago

yes, if we are the lucky.
A comprehensive work of art---the music, photographs and images in poetic words and phrases. The reader can feel the humility and sincerity from beginning to end. Though sad, this poem reflects a man's journey and the wisdom he gained along the way. A good work, sir!

Posted 6 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Coyote Poetry

6 Years Ago

Thank you Robert. I appreciate the kind words and the comment.
heart breaking for sure ...me Da in his wisdom use to tell me (more than once) ( i didn't listen very good) "You can never go back son" ... sometimes its easier to be "in love" in ones own memories of things ... easier than the real nitty gritty .. thanks for this intimate and hard love story ..has a very personal touch to it ..and thanks for turning me on to some new music .. also enjoyed the pics sir! lots of good stuff my friend
E.

Posted 6 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Coyote Poetry

6 Years Ago

Your father was right. We can't go back and thank you my friend for reading and the comment,
Einstein Noodle

6 Years Ago

funny how that works with our fathers isn't it ;))))

First Page first
Previous Page prev
1
Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

852 Views
14 Reviews
Rating
Added on January 30, 2018
Last Updated on January 30, 2018

Author

Coyote Poetry
Coyote Poetry

MI



About
A Poet and writer who love to read and write. My pleasure is reading about the bad and good in a life. Also to honor the Poets/Writers of the past by reading their words. Remember .. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..