You are always on my mind

You are always on my mind

A Poem by Coyote Poetry
"

Just words-a rewrite

"
                               You will always be on my mind

The splendor of true love,
Where you allow the wall of fear to fall completely down.
Allowing emotion and desire to take two people away to finding the real
pleasures learn by the burning candles and sweet red wine.

We touched our wine glasses and
we held our kisses deep and long.
The locked door left us protected and safe.
In a dreamer's paradise.

The coldness of Winter brought you to me.
You wanted someone to read poetry to you and keep you warm.
I wanted someone to give me hope and strength.

I remembered you came to me late in the evening,
holding wine coolers and desired conversation.
Dressed like a woman and
the innocence of a child wanting me to open my door for you.

I saw a devil dressed in a sexy black dress with a hunger that
I could not control.
I watched you take off your coat. Allowing my eyes to see your beautiful
young body. The short skirt allowed me the pleasure of seeing your long legs.
I told your. "Sometime better not to start something we cannot stop. "
 
You came to me. You went to your knees. Laid your long red hair across my lap and 
raised your face to me. I looked into clear blue eyes and I lost control.
You were just a baby. Nineteen and fearless. I was still young and strong.

I knew if you start a fire you can't put out.
The final act will be sadness.

You took my hands and kissed them.
You whispered. "You have been so kind to me. Had great patience being my
teacher at work. I know you desire me and I see how you look at me. I want someone to
show me the world. Teach me pleasure and pain. Show me what love is supposed
to be. I want a man's hands on my body. Not a boy's."

I asked for a wine cooler.  I told you. "I don't know".

You gave me sweet kisses and took my hands. You wrapped her arms around me.
Asked me. "Should I go?"

I said "no".

The cold of Winter was blowing a gentle northern breeze.
I looked out at my skylight and
I prayed not to make a fool's wish tonight.

Two lovers begin a new journey.
When passion and desire come. Very hard to stop.
The beauty of the first kiss. The first caress. The first taste of a lover's skin.
Stays with you forever.

I knew already. "Fine line between sex and love. Sex creates peace for the body.
Love creates peace for the soul. When you dance with the young in heart, pleasure is the desire, and love is not so important."

I still remember the love-making. Wasn't for pleasure. Was to fix a desire that grew with each touch. Your hunger grew till one day, early in the Spring, You left me. I knew the day would come. Some woman are to be held forever. Some are to be held for a moment.

I allowed you to leave. I knew it was better to be kind in the goodbye.  My heart was gone and I found little solitude in my life. I joined a war to escape your memory.

Funny, life is a circle. We met two more times. We had a strange bond.
Even today, years later. I wish to touch our glasses  filled with sweet red wine. Touch your perfect body till the morning light. Some dreams become nightmares. Then the nightmares become sweet dreams.

I told you often over the year. "You are always on my mind."
                         John Castellenas/Coyote


© 2018 Coyote Poetry


Author's Note

Coyote Poetry
Just words.

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

I see desire and passion, both exciting, both short lived in intensity, leaving one stationary in memory lane wanting more! Its a double edged sword if not put into some perspective. A relatable write John, so true, but in the end so hauntingly beautiful.

Posted 6 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Coyote Poetry

6 Years Ago

I agree. When we are young. We don't know. Love rarely can touch a life. Thank you Andrew for readin.. read more
andrew mitchell

6 Years Ago

you are welcome.



Reviews

I dig this all day. Emotional highs and lows captured with clever word choice.

"I saw a devil dressed in a sexy black dress with a hunger that
I could not control."

That line is beautifully stated. Great work!

Posted 6 Years Ago


What a story of love and firsts. The first kiss, touch, dance and goodbye then reunion. How our hunger and thirt grow with time. How our memories stay ingrained. Amazing.

Posted 6 Years Ago


A good love poem allows the reader to be swept along and you have achieved that, well done.

Posted 6 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Coyote Poetry

6 Years Ago

Thank you Cherrie. I appreciate the comment.
Simply no one can write this stuff like you can John. I wish I had half your skill.

Posted 6 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Coyote Poetry

6 Years Ago

My friend Ken. You have shown me how to write. I believe we need to read to write. Six years ago I s.. read more
there are those certain people with which we have these kinds of encounters...we never stay together, we just meet at times and have that special bond...the one that gives each of us comfort and hope for love---
j.

Posted 6 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Coyote Poetry

6 Years Ago

You are right Jacob. Love need two people in the same place with the same need. Thank you for readin.. read more
The imagery in this one is downright haunting, John. I could see her in her black dress....long legs tantalizing and teasing. Yes, some dreams, when they come true, are actually nightmares, but your poetry is always dreamy. You are truly a romantic, my friend. Lydi**

Posted 6 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Coyote Poetry

6 Years Ago

Thank you dear Lydia. I appreciate the comment and the kind words.
'Some dreams become nightmares. Then the nightmares become sweet dreams.'

Perhaps you chose that title because the song of the same name catches hold of the mind and stays for as long as it's welcome - and more? As to your own words, beautifully laid, John, they're haunting. The passion you've written about is warm, needy and shared without apologies or craven explanation. But somehow - in the way you do, you've allowed goodbyes to remain genuinely acceptable and forever special. Don't know how you do it, but you always find the right words!

Posted 6 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Coyote Poetry

6 Years Ago

It is a haunting song and Thank you my friend for reading and the comment. I do appreciate.
emmajoy

6 Years Ago

You're very welcome..
I see desire and passion, both exciting, both short lived in intensity, leaving one stationary in memory lane wanting more! Its a double edged sword if not put into some perspective. A relatable write John, so true, but in the end so hauntingly beautiful.

Posted 6 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Coyote Poetry

6 Years Ago

I agree. When we are young. We don't know. Love rarely can touch a life. Thank you Andrew for readin.. read more
andrew mitchell

6 Years Ago

you are welcome.
Amazing job bud!!!! Sometimes just putting random words together makes a poem amazing!!! The beauty of writing just putting words together and making them work!!! Amazing job bud!!!

Posted 6 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Coyote Poetry

6 Years Ago

Thank you Justin. Now I know what I did. I do appreciate the comment.
Justin

6 Years Ago

Your welcome John!!! Sometimes throwing random words together without thinking about them makes amaz.. read more
Wonderfully expressed as the images flow through the words of a night of love and bliss;-]

Posted 6 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Coyote Poetry

6 Years Ago

Thank you dear friend for reading and the comment. I do appreciate.

First Page first
Previous Page prev
1
Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

588 Views
14 Reviews
Rating
Added on February 2, 2018
Last Updated on February 2, 2018

Author

Coyote Poetry
Coyote Poetry

MI



About
A Poet and writer who love to read and write. My pleasure is reading about the bad and good in a life. Also to honor the Poets/Writers of the past by reading their words. Remember .. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..