Just maybe?

Just maybe?

A Poem by Coyote Poetry
"

Just words. Maybe some song.

"

                                           Just maybe

Just maybe. After you and I go to the utopia of the warm kiss. After we swim in the heat of the paradise of the flesh and the bones. After we drain all the energy of love from our bodies. 

Will you still love me as when I was chasing you? Will we honor the gifts of love? Will I behold you still as my imperfect angel, I would live and die for.

Today we love so easily. Are we forgetting something?

"I remember when I begged for a dance and I remember how your eyes, so soft and tender looked into my eyes and you whispered. Are you a illusion soldier? Are you a thief of the heart?  I don't want to bleed no-more Johnnie. You damn soldiers like to hit and run. I see in your eyes. Hope and wishes. I know sex is sweet but I know too. If we cannot be friends in the daylight. We need to stop before we begin.

I looked at her clear blue eyes and I kissed her hands. I told her. We had danced a hundred dances and we have kissed and I had held you till the Texas sun appeared. I would harm myself before harming you and I would love you till the end of time if you allowed. You are my wild and crazy Texas girl. I remember your face when I took you to the sea. Me and you sat by the sea for hours. Happy with the silence and the song of the sea.

Petty Texas girl smiled and she whispered. "We can dance."

Tonight we are one in life and one in dreams. I yearn for your kiss and I need to hear you speak. I asked you, do I take too much my love, do I want too much?  

My beautiful Texas girl smiled and she told me. Life is bleeding, screaming. Dying and living. All of us will become ashes to ashes, become dust to dust. Love can become old and rusty. You are my dearest friend and I feel safe with you. You make the night warm and safe. You make the days joyous and worthwhile. If you want more dear Johnnie. Please take what you need. You are love and I know you adore me.

                          John Castellenas/ Coyote

© 2018 Coyote Poetry


Author's Note

Coyote Poetry
Just words.

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

I agree with the reviewer below, Your words take us into another world, this world of the private special love...

to keep the flame of love burning, the feelings genuine, as the first look, as the first touch and kiss... is something unpredictable, but, still, it can be, and it can get even bigger, because true love grows, never stop growing, even with the facts of reality and life, when love comes with all its meanings, of understanding, share, trust... all can be, but, it needs the two to walk together, not one alone, the two hand in hand, step in step, it's about the right one for You.

Thank You my friend for another sweet loving piece, filled with wisdoms, emotions and passions, yearnings pouring from Your words.

Posted 6 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Coyote Poetry

6 Years Ago

You are very kind and thank you dear friend for reading and the comment. I do appreciate.



Reviews

I was transported to another world just for a moment ... the moment when passion and life meet at the crossroads! I do love this one John :)

Posted 6 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Coyote Poetry

6 Years Ago

Thank you dear friend. A re-write of a poem written in 1985. I'm looking at my old journals. I have .. read more
Hebe

6 Years Ago

Isn't it great to find things we have written and forgotten about! :)
is it really just words? the emotions displayed here are deeply rooted, it is like telling the texas girl how lucky she is to have someone love her that sincerely.

Posted 6 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

sette

6 Years Ago

but look at how the emotion did not change through time
Coyote Poetry

6 Years Ago

You are right. Memories keep thing alive and well.
sette

6 Years Ago

so true memories are things that make this life worth remembering and living as well

2
next Next Page
last Last Page
Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

456 Views
12 Reviews
Rating
Added on March 5, 2018
Last Updated on March 5, 2018

Author

Coyote Poetry
Coyote Poetry

MI



About
A Poet and writer who love to read and write. My pleasure is reading about the bad and good in a life. Also to honor the Poets/Writers of the past by reading their words. Remember .. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..