The Coyote is dancing

The Coyote is dancing

A Poem by Coyote Poetry
"

Just words

"

                           The Coyote is dancing

Once, locked-up man knew the solace  and the mercy of the kind lakes. Once, the free man danced with the stars and the moon. In the mist of the gentle rain. The once brave man is fighting his demons alone. 

Defeated man find the lake Superior and he confide into her, his last confession. He recited to her.

"The Coyote is dancing for you again, my love.
You, my dearest friend.
Once, you and I.
We were great lovers and I adored the coldness of your touch.
I remember how you tainted me and
I cursed the coldness of your heart and I yearned to fall into marvel of your beauty.
Now the Coyote is home and
I want you to bewitch my heart again.
I want your coldness to caress my forsaken mind and thoughts.
I loved when your cold hands turned warm and gentle.
Coyote is here and dear Lake Superior.
My ancient protector. Please bewitch and steal my agony and allow me to discard the useless things.
I want to dance with the moon, I want to dance with the stars and I want to find the free coyotes.
My Ojibwa blood need to know. You and I, are one."


The Coyote raised his arms-up and he is moving and dancing with the dangerous water. The coldness of the her make his bare feet feel the coldness and he falls into her arms. Allowed the water to overtake his legs, his chest and his face. The coldness of her, make his sleeping spirit. Awake. She whispered to him.

"I'm pleased. Dear Coyote is dancing with me again and you allowed unworthy things to steal your heart and mind. Dancing Coyote, I forgive you and I promise to love you and to keep you safe. I know you are just flesh and bones and you shall dance upon kind earth for a moment. One night when the moon is full and you are tire. I will accept you into my arms forever. The coldness of my water touch will make us in kindred spirit. Be one till the earth is no-more. Dancing Coyote. You are not done. Rise-up and release the shackles. Hard lessons make wise men stronger and braver."

He rose up and he reached for the moon. He whispered, thank you. Now the Coyote is dancing again. He raised his arms and the Gods of night. Are smiling. The kind Ojibwa spirits are dancing with him  and they are whispering.

"You are never alone. Your elders are with you and one day. We will sit and pray together."
      
                             John Castellenas/Coyote

                        

© 2018 Coyote Poetry


Author's Note

Coyote Poetry
Just words.

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

This has an esoteric, metaphysical quality to it. Sure it has magic realism peppered with its ample personification of lakes, animals and other aspects of nature. But with it, comes alive the laments and plaints for the damaged to redeem. To improve. From godlessness to the divine.

Posted 6 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Coyote Poetry

6 Years Ago

Thank you Mallika for reading and the comment. I do appreciate.



Reviews

exquisite perfect loving and More

Posted 5 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Coyote Poetry

5 Years Ago

Thank you Marilyn for reading and the kind words.
A beautiful story told with a healthy dose of First Nations mysticism. And a moral that is oh so relevant in today's materialistic society. We all need to get back to those basic human values. A lovely piece of work, my friend.

Posted 6 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Coyote Poetry

6 Years Ago

Thank you my friend and you are right. I appreciate the comment.
The Iron Horseman

6 Years Ago

You're welcome.
a heart song, beautiful my friend

Posted 6 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Coyote Poetry

6 Years Ago

Thank you for reading. I do appreciate.
This is such an original way to write about a lake! I grew up by a lake & I have many of these same feelings to this day. That lake was a friend & I was very involved in her moods, whether she was full or empty, glass-like or rough with waves, etc. Your lake (Superior) is quite different as the coldness is a prominent feature & you use this detail well thru-out your descriptions. I could feel the way this "cold" feature was dancing with you & the lake, all together. Excellent job of showing the relationship between a lake and a human . . . so believable, so much like my own relationship to various outdoor features that dominate my life (((HUGS))) Fondly, Margie

Posted 6 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Coyote Poetry

6 Years Ago

Thank you Margie. A wise person knows. Us and nature are one.
This has a very perplexing nature and is very ambiguous and i loved how you showed the delight of dancing and contrasted it.

Posted 6 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Coyote Poetry

6 Years Ago

Dancing with the sea. Always a good thing and thank you Fatima for reading and the comment. I do app.. read more
This one makes me think. We all have the option to sit it out, or dance. Life is there for us to experience fully.....you've painted a wonderful contrast here.....the joy of a dance, culminating, ironically, in a prayer.

Posted 6 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Coyote Poetry

6 Years Ago

You are right my friend. Dance and sing, or wait for death? Thank you for reading and the comment. I.. read more
dear John... our ancestral spirit is always with us... we are never alone... they can move mountains and create a paradise. From ashes, they rise up and carry us through to birdsong and Sprintime.... Amen... Pat

Posted 6 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Coyote Poetry

6 Years Ago

I agree Pat. I appreciate the comment.
open the doors of imagination the lake enters in baffling the mind of science yet leading man into the flowering bloom of his mind and soul.

whoa john!

regards,
al

Posted 6 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Coyote Poetry

6 Years Ago

Thank you Alfred. I appreciate the kind word and the comment.
friend this is an enchanting piece, sensuous and romantic at the same time

Posted 6 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Coyote Poetry

6 Years Ago

Thank you for read and comment my friend. I appreciate the comment.
sette

6 Years Ago

you are welcome friend
Took me to an era... in which they enjoyed the warm camp fire...sang..danced enjoyed in the nature... and so beautiful words John... :)

Posted 6 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Coyote Poetry

6 Years Ago

Thank you Galadriel. I appreciate the kind words.

First Page first
Previous Page prev
1
Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

1454 Views
14 Reviews
Rating
Added on March 18, 2018
Last Updated on March 18, 2018

Author

Coyote Poetry
Coyote Poetry

MI



About
A Poet and writer who love to read and write. My pleasure is reading about the bad and good in a life. Also to honor the Poets/Writers of the past by reading their words. Remember .. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


He will be... He will be...

A Poem by Gee