Sway

Sway

A Poem by Coyote Poetry
"

Just words

"

                             Sway

The Poet's wish. Never sweet and never easy.  A dancing beauty moved with the song. Her hips moving slowly with the tempting words. The dancing damsel, she knows she was the Hemingway's prayer and wish to the waiting poet.

He watched her. Her black dress cut down to her knees allowing his eyes to see perfect legs wrapped in the lace and silk. She danced shoeless and alone. Swaying with the song and her eyes closed.

The Poet craved to join her in the dance but he understood. Women, are uncertain in their need and wants. Better to allow the free butterfly to come to you if she desire.

The song is done and she looked at the waiting poet. Her river blue eyes are dangerous and wonderful. She walked to him and she asked. Johnnie, are we drunk because of the whiskey or me?

Wise Poet told her. I'm drunk in love. You stole my will, you took my mind and my heart. You are my wild sea and my timeless love. She smiled and she embraced me. She whispered.

Time for us to wander. Some wine, some wandering and you and I.
By the sea.
                            Johnnie/Coyote
 
 

© 2018 Coyote Poetry


Author's Note

Coyote Poetry
Just words.

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

This reminds me some of Leonard Cohen's work. Very good.

Posted 6 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Coyote Poetry

6 Years Ago

Cohen knew the mystery of the song and the dance. Thank you Anise for reading and the comment. I do .. read more
Anise

6 Years Ago

you're welcome :)
Magnificent 🌹Like a swing in the breeze of love🌹

Posted 6 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Coyote Poetry

6 Years Ago

Thank you dear Kelly. I appreciate the comment.
"I'm drunk in love," oh what a feeling... This is some thick romance! Great write!

Posted 6 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Coyote Poetry

6 Years Ago

Good to be drunk in love. Thank you Travis for reading and the comment. I do appreciate.
Your scene was swaying too in my imagination, when I started reading Your words, I imagined my spirit dancing alone with words rolling inside her mind waiting to be written down.... Thank You for a really delightful magical piece.

Posted 6 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Coyote Poetry

6 Years Ago

Thank you my friend. I believe dance and song. Allow people to communicate.
very passionate writing my friend.. I like the mixture of whiskey and music.. reminds me of sway song by michael buble the sensual moves and the music plus the whiskey will make it a magical night of ecstasy.

Posted 6 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Coyote Poetry

6 Years Ago

A old song. Michael Buble can sing the music of soul. Thank you for reading and the comment my frien.. read more
sette

6 Years Ago

you are much welcome

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

277 Views
5 Reviews
Rating
Added on March 22, 2018
Last Updated on March 22, 2018

Author

Coyote Poetry
Coyote Poetry

MI



About
A Poet and writer who love to read and write. My pleasure is reading about the bad and good in a life. Also to honor the Poets/Writers of the past by reading their words. Remember .. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..