My Joan of Arc

My Joan of Arc

A Poem by Coyote Poetry
"

A re-write

"

                                                 My Joan of Arc



She painted her make-up upon perfect skin. She turned to me and she told me . “I need my war face tonight. I rarely show my real face to anyone. I used to pray for perfect life, now I pray to keep death away and find reasons to live.”



She was my leather and lace, she was my black in heart beauty. I told her. No perfect life my dear love. All of us had sins and create pain and hell. No perfect soul. I have begged for mercy in the fire of love and I had ran from true salvation. You cannot repair the deeds of foolishness.



She laughed at my words and she came close to me. Whispered. “I use to pray for someone like you, someone who would accept my scars and my heavy weight of regret. But, dead hearts and blind eyes cannot know love. You cannot save me. I don’t want to be saved.”



I kissed her tender lips and I brought her close and I told her. I have been dead for many years my love. My true face have been lost and I’m just a ghost of what I was. You and I. We are just people who almost had it all and now we must find some laughter, dance with the midnight moon and pray to the stars. To shed the skin of old and be reborn anew.



She smiled and laughed. She questioned me. “Can we shred our old skin and be born innocence my love? Can we forgive the past deeds and forget the sins done?”



I told her. Sins and bad actions cannot be forgotten. We must move on and try not to repeat the same mistakes. Life is just lessons to make us wiser. Old poet wisdom, life is tragedy, life is gestures of love and to live without fear. We must expose our true self. Open locked doors, allow love to be sang into the blood, into the skin and we must eat love and life with a desperate need or we shall die. Tonight sweet lady we shall drink and dance. Forget the yesterday bad dreams.



Pretty woman smiled and she asked me. “Can Joan of Arc know peace? Burned body and heart, can it be rebirth in the flame of Summer hope and foolish Poet wish?”



Two people left the motel room. Hand in hand. Old Poet said a silent prayer. Please God of life and death, forgive us who have sins. Life is hard and forgiveness is harder.”



John Castellenas/Coyote

© 2018 Coyote Poetry


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

' Old poet wisdom, life is tragedy, life is gestures of love and to live without fear. We must expose our true self. Open locked doors, allow love to be sang into the blood, into the skin and we must eat love and life with a desperate need or we shall die'

This is more than beautiful, John... it's as if you're sat in a sunlit confessional sharing past trials and tribulations - no judgements being made, merely the acceptance that nobody's free of flaws. This is a post that needs more and more reding to understand what empathy should be.. on both sides of Space.

Posted 6 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Coyote Poetry

6 Years Ago

Forgiveness is hard dear friend. Wise people accept and move forward. Thank you for reading and the .. read more



Reviews

You yeild to Your lover's needs, saying and giving what she wants to hear and what she wants to have, the assurance and comfort, the peace and content, the trust and acceptance, and You're willing to move on with her to the better, with Your understanding heart and mind, with Your care, love and Your enjoyment of the now... what's more a woman would ask for?

Posted 6 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Coyote Poetry

6 Years Ago

Thank you my friend. All of us need concern and to know kindness.
That is what this journey is about, we learn from past mistakes, we learn if not to be able to forgive ourselves to have the charity to forgive others. Life is a learning curve and i love the likeness of the lady to Joan of Arc.... she has been tortured , but love can rise from the ashes...

Posted 6 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Coyote Poetry

6 Years Ago

Thank you Stella and you right my friend. Many women have demons to fight.
' Old poet wisdom, life is tragedy, life is gestures of love and to live without fear. We must expose our true self. Open locked doors, allow love to be sang into the blood, into the skin and we must eat love and life with a desperate need or we shall die'

This is more than beautiful, John... it's as if you're sat in a sunlit confessional sharing past trials and tribulations - no judgements being made, merely the acceptance that nobody's free of flaws. This is a post that needs more and more reding to understand what empathy should be.. on both sides of Space.

Posted 6 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Coyote Poetry

6 Years Ago

Forgiveness is hard dear friend. Wise people accept and move forward. Thank you for reading and the .. read more
wow a very creative and expressive story my friend if in real life we have a joan of arc even close to it, then it can be monumental because of courage and brevity.

Posted 6 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Coyote Poetry

6 Years Ago

Thank you my friend. All of us will die and live for something. I appreciate the comment.
sette

6 Years Ago

yes our epitaphs will be unique because we did something

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

315 Views
4 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 1 Library
Added on April 2, 2018
Last Updated on April 2, 2018

Author

Coyote Poetry
Coyote Poetry

MI



About
A Poet and writer who love to read and write. My pleasure is reading about the bad and good in a life. Also to honor the Poets/Writers of the past by reading their words. Remember .. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


If My Tears If My Tears

A Poem by Frieda P