Man-up, Lady-up

Man-up, Lady-up

A Poem by Coyote Poetry
"

Just words.

"
                           Man-up, Lady-up
My daddy told me often. Man-up Johnnie, Life is hard and you must be harder. Life will toss you s**t, you must turn the s**t in self-motivation and hard-drive to better life. Don't lay down and die, get-up, show them. Can't beat you down.
I went to him with a somber face once. I told him, I lost my true love. He laughed at me and he told me. Man-up Johnnie, love can be nasty, women are crazy and men are foolish. Easy fix son, only way to repair a broken heart. Find a better woman.
My father told me. Don't wince and cry because you are Ojibwa and Mexican. Education, education and more education. Never allow anyone  to look down at you. When I was in school, he told me often. Good grades or I will whip your a*s. Old type children raising. Good grade and education I did seek.  Maybe fear motivated me? I thanks my father often for the hard love, discipline and concern. These three words make solid people.
Now I am the Grandfather. I teach the same lessons. I demand education for my children and my grandchildren. I told my children. You decide your journey, don't cry for mistakes. Man-up or lady-up for my three daughters. If you fall down, get-up ready to fight and go forward and do better.
Life is lesson and more lesson.
Oldest and wisest wisdom. Do at least one thing daily, you enjoy. Life goes by quickly. Do not forget who you are.
                Johnnie/Coyote

© 2018 Coyote Poetry


Author's Note

Coyote Poetry
Just words.

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

Good work Johnnie, good work. Perhaps we granddads have a mission to pass on what we learned from our fathers and grandfathers (and a tough bunch of b******s they were) to the young, easily offended, politically correct snowflakes a lot of them are. Not all mind you. There are still enough to stand up to make sure the Left has the right to spill their bile.
A good write Johnnie.

Posted 5 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Coyote Poetry

5 Years Ago

Thank you Ted. I agree. Grandparent. The teacher of life for the children.



Reviews

this is quite an enlightening and engaging story, i always appreciate reading your writes, dear friend ~ x

Posted 5 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Coyote Poetry

5 Years Ago

Thank you ms. barrie. I love your visits.
ms. barrie

5 Years Ago

you’re very welcomed ~ x
This is really good, i enjoyed this a lot

Posted 5 Years Ago


The bible even speaks of bending the branch at young age- the father only disciplines in an act of love- what foundation is laid while young will be carried with you throughout life- wonderful wisdom and carrying out of beliefs from generation to generation- very important🌹

Posted 5 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Coyote Poetry

5 Years Ago

Thank you Rose Petal and I agree with you.
‘Thoughts In Time’🌹

5 Years Ago

Pleasure- old wisdom the best🌹
A pretty awesome story more people should read.

Posted 5 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Coyote Poetry

5 Years Ago

Thank you Palewriter. I appreciate the kind words.
I really loved this, its interesting the perspective from the older generation. Sometime the older folk can be a lot harsher and overlook the issues of their youngens and say things like "man up", but instead of teaching and helping it can be conflicting and if anything more painful.

Posted 5 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Coyote Poetry

5 Years Ago

I agree Joseph and thank you for reading and the comment.
An excellent write, it reminds of my grandfather a Victorian era man, with lots of wisdom about life.

Posted 5 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Coyote Poetry

5 Years Ago

Old wisdom is wonderful wisdom and thank you for reading and the comment. I do appreciate.
As a grandparent too Coyote, I know how difficult life can be these days. We have a duty to prepare our children and grandchildren so they can face the future fully equipped. Sometimes that might seem harsh, but life is harsh and it would be much harsher for them without some advice to follow. Your words always such a pleasure to read. Thank you for these.

Chris

Posted 5 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Coyote Poetry

5 Years Ago

Thank you Chris. I am hard on the Grandchildren. Also I take them to parks and activities. This is l.. read more
“Life is lesson and more lesson.”- your words are so true Coyote. Your father instilled important values in you growing up that probably saved your life more than once. “ Never allow anyone to look down at you.” I heard these words from my own Italian immigrant parents many times. Education was a privilege to be cherished, not a chore or something to be disrespected. Yes, I agree with you that we have a responsibility to our grandchildren to teach them these same lessons. Life is hard and they must be prepared to “man-up”-to face it and overcome obstacles proudly. Beautiful words my friend. Kudos!

Posted 5 Years Ago


Coyote Poetry

5 Years Ago

Thank you Annette. Us elders and Grandparent have great responsibility.
Annette Pisano-Higley

5 Years Ago

You are so right. You are most welcome Coyote.:))
[send message][befriend] Subscribe
¿
Motivation in your Just words Johnnie!
Indeed for some students education ia nothing but a boredom of life...even I was in this team once!
But a sudden hardwork of me and motivation of parents made me surf in education the most...and this surfing may continue!
Inspired by the hard love!

Posted 5 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Coyote Poetry

5 Years Ago

You are doing well and thank you Tahsin for reading and the comment. I do appreciate.
¿

5 Years Ago

You're heartedly welcome!
[send message][befriend] Subscribe
...
More then just words. You sharing personal story and your believe. There is this wisdom of family saga and very simple words with real meaning. I like how you write your message and its powerful/ .

Posted 5 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Coyote Poetry

5 Years Ago

Thank you for reading and the kind words. I do appreciate.

First Page first
Previous Page prev
1
Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

666 Views
18 Reviews
Rating
Added on June 1, 2018
Last Updated on June 1, 2018

Author

Coyote Poetry
Coyote Poetry

MI



About
A Poet and writer who love to read and write. My pleasure is reading about the bad and good in a life. Also to honor the Poets/Writers of the past by reading their words. Remember .. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Folly Folly

A Poem by Coyote Poetry