A bloody Mary

A bloody Mary

A Poem by Coyote Poetry
"

Just words

"

                                  A bloody Mary

A pretty girl sat alone and I introduced myself. My name is Johnnie and I sat near her. She told me, my name is Paloma and she sat in a heavy silence. I asked her, was she alright? Her face turned sad and she told me. I was offered wine and I ordered a Bloody Mary.

They brought me, a girly drink, a little vodka, too much tomato juice and too pretty. I didn't need the pickles and the olives. They forgot the spices, no salt or pepper. I asked the bartender. Do you think I'm a tender filly? I told him, add more hot sauce, double the vodka and keep your pretty stick, olive and pickle. I want a drink to rock my world, not put me in a deep sleep.

I sat closer to her and I whispered. "Paloma, spit and vinegar ladies accept life hard and straight". I told the bartender, double the vodka, a kick of hot sauce and some salt and pepper. Color the Bloody Mary with some tomato juice. if done right, the pretty lady won't complain and could be kinder.


She smiled and laughed at my words, she told me. Vodka and some juice, too sweet for us. You know Johnnie. Love is sweet, love be damned. I like you. You are more easy on me then, the crown royal whiskey. You and I need the vodka straight and our words honest.

                               Coyote

© 2018 Coyote Poetry


Author's Note

Coyote Poetry
Just words.

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

quite an engaging story. i enjoyed the word play and sardonically witty dialogue.
men always intrigued and enjoy trying to unravel mysterious cloak some women tend to wear.

not fond of bloody mary’s, myself. i rather have a shot of whiskey, neat.

always a pleasure to read your tales. thank you for sharing
~ x

Posted 5 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Coyote Poetry

5 Years Ago

Thank you b. I appreciate the comment.



Reviews

quite an engaging story. i enjoyed the word play and sardonically witty dialogue.
men always intrigued and enjoy trying to unravel mysterious cloak some women tend to wear.

not fond of bloody mary’s, myself. i rather have a shot of whiskey, neat.

always a pleasure to read your tales. thank you for sharing
~ x

Posted 5 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Coyote Poetry

5 Years Ago

Thank you b. I appreciate the comment.
and you were astounded by the girl's reaction for sure, there will always be a different kind of mystique women have that men can never understand and unravel at the same time

Posted 5 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Coyote Poetry

5 Years Ago

You are right my friend. Men and women. Never know what they need or want.
sette

5 Years Ago

men are from mars women are from venus as the title of the book suggests
What a great vignette. Shame I can't do this any more. But I agree with your recipe. A drink should bite back.

Posted 5 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Coyote Poetry

5 Years Ago

My daughter favorite drink was the Bloody Mary on vacation in California. I drink the beer now. Than.. read more
Ken Simm.

5 Years Ago

I don't drink but I have a collection of very old whiskies or Usca Beatha as it is called in Gaelic... read more
Fascinating account!
You are obviously no stranger to these environs; same for me, eons ago.


Posted 5 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Coyote Poetry

5 Years Ago

Me too. No more nights of drinking. Thank you Jimmy for reading and the comment.
[send message][befriend] Subscribe
¿
So glad to see Monroe with the top reviewer of writerscafe!!
This story does indicates the more we grow older...heart becomes much younger along with...
Cheers to bloody mary!

Posted 5 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Coyote Poetry

5 Years Ago

Thank you Tahsin. I appreciate the comment. It was wonderful.
¿

5 Years Ago

You're welcome John!😊

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

256 Views
5 Reviews
Rating
Added on June 6, 2018
Last Updated on June 6, 2018

Author

Coyote Poetry
Coyote Poetry

MI



About
A Poet and writer who love to read and write. My pleasure is reading about the bad and good in a life. Also to honor the Poets/Writers of the past by reading their words. Remember .. more..

Writing