Goodbye California

Goodbye California

A Poem by Coyote Poetry
"

Just words

"





                            Goodbye California

My last great wish, return to California. Last dance with the California coastline and her mountains. I finally did the trip and became content.

12 days in California, arrived in San Diego for three days and a road trip to Palm Springs. Two days in Palm Springs and I was off to Monterey. Four days in Monterey, roaming her coastline from Big Sur to Santa Cruz. Monterey to Idyllwild in the California mountains. I spend two days in the mountains and I was off to San Diego. 2000 miles in 12 days.

The days were easy and wonderful, I saw beautiful places. I saw the San Diego sea and the perfect city. Live music and open mike. San Diego, a perfect place to know.  I saw the silence desert and Palm Spring. A city in the middle of the heat and dust. A miracle. Monterey, Big Sur and Santa Cruz. Beautiful. I danced with the sea in Monterey and I fell in love with Big Sur again, God's country. I saw the California mountains, carved by the hands of God. Quiet, beautiful and safe place for artist, writer and poet.

Took me 24 years to return to California. I pray, not my last time to dance with the Pacific, wander the desert and free-climb the beautiful mountains.

I'm almost sixty now. I learn and I understand now, the old wisdom. Life goes by very quickly, one moment, you are a boy and the next second. You become a old man.

I fell in love with Monterey, Big Sur and the mountains in 1992. She stole my heart. She was perfect landscape and wonderful sea. Her vast desert, perfect place to gather your heart and your soul.

I left California and the four hours in the sky, took me home to the place of my birth. Detroit. I was not sad, I was thankful I had the opportunity to dance with the Pacific Ocean, free-climb the mountains and to wander the desert.

It will be a blessed memory. 2,000 photos later, legs and body tire. I had a happy heart.

Thank you for befriended me dear California again. I hope one day to re-learn the friendship, once again.
                                      Coyote

© 2018 Coyote Poetry


Author's Note

Coyote Poetry
Just words

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

This is one of your all-time top best pieces posted here. Your deep enthusiasm & heartfelt love for this place comes thru loud & clear. As much as I love my surroundings here, I felt you did it justice in the words you used to describe everything. I have always been a 100% California girl, so you’re singing my song. It’s great that you got to come back & covered a lot of territory & memories (((HUGS))) Fondly, Margie

Posted 5 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Coyote Poetry

5 Years Ago

I loved every moment in California. I hope to return ASAP. Thank you Margie for reading and the kind.. read more



Reviews

I was fortunate to have driven across the U.S. four times with my family. We all agree, two girls and my wife and i, that California is unbeatable. Our last time out there was in 1981. Seems soooo long ago. It is so obvious how much you love her.

Posted 5 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Coyote Poetry

5 Years Ago

You are lucky. Good to have traveled and I hope you are stilling traveling. Thank you Dave for readi.. read more
Dave

5 Years Ago

I wish I could. Nowadays my wife does most of our driving. I have a tendency to doze off. Any lon.. read more
What a great trip. Love san Diego, but even more love the northern California areas, Monterey, Big Sur and then on up to Crescent City and into Oregon. this was a great write and it sounds like a fantastic trip. Wishing I was with you on that one....you do have a unique and wonderful perspective.

Posted 5 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Coyote Poetry

5 Years Ago

Was a amazing trip. 2,000 miles in 12 days. My favorite place was Idyllwild. If I was a rich man. Th.. read more
I live in California but I was born in Flint (Michigan) Small world!!! Enjoyed reading this :)

Posted 5 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Coyote Poetry

5 Years Ago

I was station in California from 1992-1994. Best days of life. California, so much to see and do. Mi.. read more
Rebecca J Martin

5 Years Ago

my youngest son is stationed near San Diego, and is shipping out on the 4th of July!!! Thank you fo.. read more
[send message][befriend] Subscribe
Gee
Sure sounds like a beautiful place. Will have to get over one day, just need to get a few quid together.
As ever your words read easily, enjoyable.
Good morning Coyote, hope you are well.

Posted 5 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Coyote Poetry

5 Years Ago

California Coastline. Last place, not completely destroy by man. . Thank you my friend for reading a.. read more
Gee

5 Years Ago

My pleasure :)
Sounds like you were California dreaming and your dreams came true.great story.these should memories to stay with you for a lifetime 😊


Posted 5 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Coyote Poetry

5 Years Ago

They will and thank you my friend for reading and the comment. I do appreciate.
24 years is a long time and most places change with time, the places you are fond of are spectacular natural topography of California. I loved reading your nostalgic trip and wished it was a little longer..left me wanting more. Thank you for sharing this wonderful experience.

Posted 5 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Coyote Poetry

5 Years Ago

It did change. Big Sur was the same. San Diego and Monterey. Different. The mountains. God's country.. read more
Mrudula Rani

5 Years Ago

Reading your beautiful writings is always a pleasure.
I was raised in Cali and I never truly appreciated its beauty or saw it in the way outsiders do. Your writing really reminded me of its beauty. I recently just moved out of California for the first time in my life and I am pretty homesick. Thanks for this awesome writing!

Posted 5 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Coyote Poetry

5 Years Ago

Most of us are this way. Can live in paradise and we don't see her. Thank you Pluto for reading and .. read more
Some places seem like God's own land and our spiritual bonds with them last forever. Thank you for sharing with me your beautiful journey. Your words took me there. I pray you have countless more visits to California. Kudos on the great poetry sir!

Posted 5 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Coyote Poetry

5 Years Ago

I hope I can and thank you DIVYA for reading and the comment. I do appreciate.
DIVYA

5 Years Ago

It was such a pleasure. You are welcome sir.
Glad you had a great trip. A visit to an old home is always interesting.

Posted 5 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Coyote Poetry

5 Years Ago

I came from Palm Springs. Few entrance into Monterey. With highway one down. One way route to Big Su.. read more
Jon Roggie

5 Years Ago

If you went through Bakersfield, you probably went by.
Coyote Poetry

5 Years Ago

I drove through Bakersfield. Could of made a break-stop in Bakersfield. Maybe next time.
What a wonderful tribuite to a place that offers you dreams come true.. and the memories that have become so strong and deep a part of you. Each of your paras explain where, how and why.. but perhaps, more to your readers than to yourself. Seems the emotions you feel about Californaia have become a part of you... the you that moves on but never quite away. Super sweet writing, John..

Posted 5 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

emmajoy

5 Years Ago

That counts me out then!!! Looks wonderful anyway.. your heart certainly seems at home there.
Coyote Poetry

5 Years Ago

You are still young. I was station in California in 1992 and I was 34 years old. Made me de-age 10 y.. read more
emmajoy

5 Years Ago

In that case.. i'm on my way.. via a good night's sleep. :)

First Page first
Previous Page prev
1
Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

853 Views
14 Reviews
Rating
Added on June 8, 2018
Last Updated on June 8, 2018

Author

Coyote Poetry
Coyote Poetry

MI



About
A Poet and writer who love to read and write. My pleasure is reading about the bad and good in a life. Also to honor the Poets/Writers of the past by reading their words. Remember .. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


a good deed a good deed

A Poem by sette


Couplet~ Couplet~

A Poem by lightsong