Hey brother, hey sister.

Hey brother, hey sister.

A Poem by Coyote Poetry
"

Part two

"
     
                              Hey brother, hey sister


Hey brother, hey sister


 

I remember young men and women. Living, loving, drinking and dancing. Living life fearlessly without regret. Hey brothers, hey sisters. I remember you. We were hopeful, foolish and were soldiers.


 

Was a time. We were family. Us soldiers, we didn’t see color, race or belief. We would stand together in a fight in peace time or war. Today I do private tears for men lost to the new wars. The old Soldiers stand with us. The old wars have found us. Old hate rebirth and men/women spilling blood for the payment of old hate. Old soldiers and new soldiers pray at the Military graves together. “Please no-more war.”


 

The old and new Veterans speak of old battles and friends missed. They remember laughter and smiling faces. 4rd of July is near. Please drink a beer, drink a glass of soda for the families who lost everything, raise the glasses high and pray for the hope and wish of peace, for the dream of a world where the children are not dying for the rich men.


 

Hey brother, hey sister. Please learn the powerful lesson our foolish leaders know and they don’t care. Soldiers are not tools of peace. Old Soldiers will tell you. We fought, we were just men. Just fighting and dying for men with no concern for the soldiers or human life.


 

Let’s celebrate the holiday day together. I will raise my glass of beer to the sky and I will say.


 

To life,
to my family,
to the soldiers here and gone.
To better days.
To new days where war are forgotten and our friends are with us.

John Castellenas

© 2018 Coyote Poetry


Author's Note

Coyote Poetry
Just words.

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

A touching tribute to the countless fearless, young people lost in battle. Battles, ill conceived and fought for the gratification of a few who cared nothing for them but only for their own lust for power. The poem is heartbreaking in its appeal to think of those forgotten, nobles souls who were people just like us, to raise our glasses to them, give them their rightful place in posterity. Thank you sir.

Posted 5 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Coyote Poetry

5 Years Ago

Thank you DIVYA. No winners in war.
DIVYA

5 Years Ago

You are welcome sir.



Reviews

This message seems different from your usual style. I could hear you speaking this aloud as a speech, trying to reach out to a group of your sisters & brothers in arms. I love the complex issues you touch on, showing connections to your brethren that civilians never think about. I’m always in favor of your message: NO MORE WAR! I think it’s an abomination that our military is in so many places all over the world often on not-so-peaceful missions that go on for decades. But don’t get me going. Your words incite me to take up my own rant, but I’ll cut it here (((HUGS))) Fondly, Margie

Posted 5 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Coyote Poetry

5 Years Ago

I love your rants and thank you dear friend for reading and the comment.
After basic training in Great Lakes, Illinois, all of the "new" seamen were huddled in a hanger and made to sit on the floor. We were then put on separate busses and sent in many different directions without ever having to shake the hand, hug or give a chest bump to your fellow recruit. The Chief later explained to me that it was a lesson of loss. That sometimes during war you wont have the opportunity to say goodby to someone you cared about. I tried my best not to cry.
Today, many years later and with the help of FACEBOOK and the internet, we have begun to get reacquainted. We talk only about the old days, never about the new. Always about what we did together, never about what were doing.....This is a poem about how the human can connect with another human without the prejudice of war or the extremity of 2018....Great poem/ dana

Posted 5 Years Ago


Coyote Poetry

5 Years Ago

You are right my friend. Thank you for the internet. Can find old friends. I hope you are doing well.. read more
An amazing, well written tribute you wrote here. It is nice to see service people honored. Thank you for both writing and sharing. We can never be thankful enough. I am glad I stopped by, I have been away for a while.

Posted 5 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Coyote Poetry

5 Years Ago

I am glad you are back and thank you for reading my work. I do appreciate.
Ranger Kessel

5 Years Ago

It was a pleasure to read.
This truly had me in tears... tears of happiness, tears of sadness... tears of fear for the one I love who will soon deploy for this very reason you write about in this piece... I wanted so badly to post a picture of my son... a collage I made of him from the age of 1 & 1/2 to now... this picture gives me so many feelings and emotions... While I AM proud of his choice to 'serve his country'... I also feel that fear of the unknown of his future in the Marines... God bless you and those who have fought and suffered so for a cause that... I don't know... will never be solved? I pray for those out there fighting, that no harm comes to them...

... beautiful pictures you added as well... thank you so much for sharing this....

Posted 5 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Coyote Poetry

5 Years Ago

Too many sons and daughters are serving. I pray for a day when our sons and daughters don't need to .. read more
Rebecca J Martin

5 Years Ago

You're welcome... I feel the same as well 😢
I deeply loved this poem, I've read it multiple times. Thank you for sharing.

Posted 5 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Coyote Poetry

5 Years Ago

Thank you Gautham. I appreciate the comment.
I was in the military but never had to go to war. I was lucky. It fills my heart when I read words such as these. There is a comradery in the field that most of the rest of life cannot match. Its why it makes it so hard when lives are lost or the war ends and those friends fly to the ends of the earth and may never know that kind of friendship and team work again. I can't tell you where the need for war comes from, only that I think the need is misplaced and misguided. We humans tend to make s**t up when things are peaceful and nice. Protecting yourselves is one thing. Aggression for all the wrong reasons is another. Loved this piece.

Posted 5 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Coyote Poetry

5 Years Ago

Thank you Crowley for reading and the comment. I am tire of war. Born in 1958. Known few days of pea.. read more
John, you write with absolute heart and integrity, there is a gentle grace and honoring in your tribute. It is a privilege to read. The line: “The old Soldiers stand with us” is a splendid and blessed truth. Thank you for your service. Izzy x

Posted 5 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Coyote Poetry

5 Years Ago

Thank you dear Izzy. I appreciate the comment.
[send message][befriend] Subscribe
Gee
Just pawns to be moved around a global chessboard by generals with burgeoning waist lines, in conflicts that never seem to end and often leave the country violated in turmoil.
I tip my hat to all that have served and are serving.
Well written Johnnie


Posted 5 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Coyote Poetry

5 Years Ago

I agree my friend. When will we learn. War are for profit not concern. Thank you for reading and the.. read more
Gee

5 Years Ago

My pleasure
Coyote, yours are deeply moving words and beautiful pictures that you share with us. They are a tribute, a eulogy, an anthem, a toast to all who have fought and are fighting now for the sins of the fathers. Your second verse is filled with emotion and tears- “The old Soldiers stand with us. The old wars have found us.”- brilliant and true words. I raise my glass to toast you dear gentle poet, and to everyone and everything we hold close and honorable. I am so proud to know you and pray with you always John, for peace in this world. Amen.

Posted 5 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Coyote Poetry

5 Years Ago

Thank you Annette. I appreciate the kind words.
Beautiful sentiment, words that warm my heart. A tribute to all those who lost their lives in battle. Brothers and sisters alike. I'll raise my glass too Coyote, and thank them for the sacrifices they made. They shall not be forgotten.

Chris

Posted 5 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Coyote Poetry

5 Years Ago

Thank you Christine. Would be nice when one day, soldiers have no purpose.
Chris Shaw

5 Years Ago

We can live in hope Coyote.

First Page first
Previous Page prev
1
Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

843 Views
20 Reviews
Rating
Added on June 10, 2018
Last Updated on June 10, 2018

Author

Coyote Poetry
Coyote Poetry

MI



About
A Poet and writer who love to read and write. My pleasure is reading about the bad and good in a life. Also to honor the Poets/Writers of the past by reading their words. Remember .. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..