'Dead flowers'

'Dead flowers'

A Poem by Coyote Poetry
"

Just words

"

                        Dead flowers

I came to you with some Tennessee whiskey and a small plant with  rosemary trying to grow. I sat on your porch, waiting for you. I wanted to see your morning face, drink the fresh coffee and to hear your voice again.

We were great lovers once and we faded to needed friends. You brought the coffee, wearing t-sheet and barefoot. You sat with me and I reached over and I brought your feet to my lap. I caressed them and I asked. Are you alright?

You smiled and you asked. You miss me honey? I told you many times. Always room for you in my large bed. I called you last night. You sounded somber and I heard the bar songs. Johnnie, you know I hate picked flower and I love the plant of the rosemary. You know my heart, in and out.  Johnnie, we must bury the dead flowers. War, regret and lost, we have known. You have been my only friend. Old house is empty without you. You and I need to sing our songs again.

I lay my head into your lap and you caressed me like a child and sang.

"
Baby, love, sweet friend.
Close your eyes,
relax the mind.
We will be alright.
Stay with me tonight,
stay with me tomorrow,
stay with me till the end of time.
You and I.
Only peace we shall find.
Baby, love, sweet friend.
All of us are alone.
All of us need a kind voice and love near."

The morning sun is rising and two people holding silence and love tightly,
waiting for a miracle and the blessing of love.

                             Johnnie

© 2018 Coyote Poetry


Author's Note

Coyote Poetry
Just words.

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

Your writing is as loving and pure as it gets my friend. You bring us into your memory and your descriptive brilliance gives us the true feel, and sound and sight and smell and taste and emotion of each scene. Beautiful, sensuous and free were you and your ladies. “You sat with me and I reached over and I brought your feet to my lap.”- a line filled with romance and tenderness. You and she and Tennessee whiskey on the porch....her love song to you with your head in her lap...Sublime writing and master storytelling Coyote, unsurpassed.

Posted 5 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.

Coyote Poetry

5 Years Ago

Thank you Annette for reading and the kind words. I do appreciate.



Reviews

"We must bury the dead flowers"....indeed....in a relationship old arguments must be forgotten. In order to move forward and to have peace, this is what all must do. Your poem is so uplifting and filled with deep romantic feelings. Wonderful work, John. Lydi**

Posted 5 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Coyote Poetry

5 Years Ago

Thank you dear Lydia. I appreciate the kind words.
Johnnie, this is a deep and emotional write. Not many have known true love, few have loved truer still. We die everyday in the presence of love once there but lost in the webs of deceit and ruse. A minor nit pick, t-shirt and not sheet. But otherwise a very sensual and emotive write.

Posted 5 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Coyote Poetry

5 Years Ago

Thank you Mallika. I appreciate the help.
[send message][befriend] Subscribe
sL
I just want to repeat my favorite pieces of this poem: “...great lovers... faded to needed friends... holding silence and love tightly...” I often relate to your stories and your memories with emotion and vulnerability. This poem is powerful.

Posted 5 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Coyote Poetry

5 Years Ago

Thank you my friend for reading and the comment. I do appreciate. Nice to be come friends after know.. read more
you always seem to remind us that no matter how old we get, there is still the child in us who needs a lap of comfort...a soft touch---the warmth to remind us everything is okay.

j.

Posted 5 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Coyote Poetry

5 Years Ago

You are right my friend and thank you for reading and the comment.
you always seem to have a song of love to sing, it's always a pleasure to read you Coyote!

Posted 5 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Coyote Poetry

5 Years Ago

Thank you dear friend for reading and the comment. Very nice to be sang to.
Love is beautiful in any form,sometimes lovers make the best of friends ;-] Nicely expressed

Posted 5 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Coyote Poetry

5 Years Ago

I agree dear friend and thank you for reading and the comment. I do appreciate.
[send message][befriend] Subscribe
Gee
Great story telling Coyote, great song.
My mum hates the idea of cutting beautiful flowers to give knowing full well they are destined to wilt and die....." I don't want flowers at my funeral, give the money to charity ...."
Morning Coyote, hope you are well.


Posted 5 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Coyote Poetry

5 Years Ago

Me too, donate to a kind charity instead of flowers. Thank you my friend for reading and the comment.. read more
Great write.
Once again,
I can picture the moment.

Posted 5 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Coyote Poetry

5 Years Ago

Thank you Jon. I do appreciate the comment.
I honestly have no idea how you write so well from your soul. This is like hearing little-snippets of your life and not by just sitting in the back seat but instead it's like I'm actually there in this moment with you. Feeling what you are feeling, wanting what you desire; it's so powerful and emotional.
Amazing write (as usual) Coyote. I loved reading this!
Take care,
- Lavi

Posted 5 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Coyote Poetry

5 Years Ago

Thank you Lavi. Us writers use the kind memories as the tools of our words.
Beautiful. I love the dead flowers analogy. My grandmother hated cut flowers too.
One minor thing - t-shirt and barefeet

Posted 5 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Coyote Poetry

5 Years Ago

Thank you Lyn for reading and the help. I do appreciate my friend.

First Page first
Previous Page prev
1
Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

484 Views
15 Reviews
Rating
Added on August 3, 2018
Last Updated on August 3, 2018

Author

Coyote Poetry
Coyote Poetry

MI



About
A Poet and writer who love to read and write. My pleasure is reading about the bad and good in a life. Also to honor the Poets/Writers of the past by reading their words. Remember .. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Twelve Shoes Twelve Shoes

A Poem by Gee


The Room The Room

A Poem by Paul Bell